Not exactly art related, but I figure you guys would know:
How can I create a line that DOESN'T have a freaking arrow on the end of it, and how can I make a simple dotted line using the line tool?
Haha the arrow! There is a realy litle sneaky arrow on the top of your screen in the same bar where you can sellect other shapes like elipse, box etc click the arrow and then it says something like "end arrow" and then a litle radiobutton which you should un click
if this sounds not comfrontable and it doesn't work for you ask again and I will try to be more clearly!
yeah curved lines is done with pentool and I am going to test a few things for that dotted thing!
EDIT ok it works.
- pick your brush - default and go to your brush pannel go to tip shape and add a spacing
- take your pentool , mode PATHS (not shape layers)
- make your line form, 2nd mouse stroke path > brush
- hit delete to delete the path
Last edited by Kei-th; May 24th, 2006 at 07:44 PM.
Hi Kei-th, can you do a screen capture for that? I'd like to know too.
Sometimes when you had created a path with curve tool there use to be a way to hmm sorry cant remember the word used for it but like brush stroke and you could decide the spaces between the strokes however cant know if I have it anymore in this newer version to tell you better... i quess i should go look it up for u
Okay you can do it like this:
1. Create a path
2. Choose pencil tool and adjust the brush settings from brush tip shape and adjust the spacing there to something like 150
3. In path panel click the arrow on the right corner it will open little pop up window where you choose Stroke Path in the pop up window select pencil tool if not already selected
voila it should have dotted line, however if you wanted like marching ants then you should probably create a brush that is a short line and then you prob have to change the settings in the brush settings that the brush stroke is always to the direction of the line ......... you know ?
Last edited by Egets; June 23rd, 2006 at 06:18 PM.
look I dont know why I love you I just do
that stupid line tool....man it's so useful, but it pisses me off because I can never get it to do exactly what I want it to do haha