from photo reference
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: from photo reference

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

from photo reference

I was visiting somebody's sketch book in here, but Im afraid cant remember anymore who that person is, if by any change you come accross this and recognise the photo claim your rights

This is what I came up with Iveen working on it about I dont know 4 hours (?) and I got discouraged when I was not able to capture the childs extremely joyous facial expression but anyways here it is:

and the photo reference, dont you think he is adorable how succesful photo in everyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!! his face is like hmm million bucks (if you can say that lol!)

look I dont know why I love you I just do
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well actually it doesn't look like it could be rendered to be joyous AND looking exactly like the pic, by my point of view
    great job though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3 crits when you draw from a photograph, i wouldnt suggest you do EVERY single detail form the photo, what i mean is -__- dont paint the light from the camera aswell >_< as you can see on the shoes
    anyways 2ndly the part between your legs looks unfinished, but when looking at the real photo one understands it, but if you only had the painted picture, people would think it is unfinished.
    last crit is. where's the hair on the arms? ;D lol anyways good job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomgriever
    3 crits when you draw from a photograph, i wouldnt suggest you do EVERY single detail form the photo, what i mean is -__- dont paint the light from the camera aswell >_< as you can see on the shoes
    anyways 2ndly the part between your legs looks unfinished, but when looking at the real photo one understands it, but if you only had the painted picture, people would think it is unfinished.
    last crit is. where's the hair on the arms? ;D lol anyways good job

ahhahahaaa good guestion, I shaved them !!!!

yes people has less mercy on the artist that is why I thougth to show the original photograph, it could be interesting to see how people will perceive the image without reference anyways, sometimes there are some things in natural photographs that you would never come to think painting yourself until you are using it as reference I quess I could have used my judgement but then again my eye has not developed so much to know if that light shine from the reflecors on his shoes is looking cool or not i quess its not I dont know then...... well you think its not ....makes note to herself:dont copy everything slavely from the photograph

look I dont know why I love you I just do

Members who have read this thread: 2