bruno mafia finished!!1

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

bruno mafia finished!!1

so here´s the finished piece. i´ve been some how inspired by gungrave with the colours

ok you moderators next time iff you want to move my thred, please give me a reason , so we all could keep our nerves right?!?

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Good light for me, strong eyes!

Model (Glamour, Fantasy & Fine Art) & Photographer: http://claudiabook.free.fr

Thanks
    Is that a lensflare I see! Well, anyways. His hair looks like it's been poorly sculpted from clay. That is not greasy black Italian hair. The perspective is off on his face. It doesn't really look like his head is lowered, it looks like you've just scrunched the features together. Why is there glowy reflective light on a toothpick? It looks more like a stylus from a palm pilot. Overall it just has a very rushed look to it. Sorry to be harsh, but you said you wanted a reason for when the mods move it.

Thanks
    Well, I'm not a mod, but if it's moved, I'd say it was because there are several missteps which might not make it suitable for the Finally Finished section, which is being trimmed in order to make it more of a showcase.

But, again, I'm not a moderator.

I'll second JF on the hair helmet comment. Additionally, it looks like you've done some serious hammering with dodge and burn, which will kill any natural feeling of color, especially on skin. Skin is semi-translucent and will take whatever light source is around and blend it with organic elements (skin being an organ). The result generally has lots of blues and greens and reds. Check out Prom's tutorial. There are loads of tips about light and skin.

The clipped edge on the shoulders is also screaming "edge control", which is a problem in several places. So is the sketch still peaking through several areas. The individual whiskers, too, are usually much tougher to see in real life, but I know how tough it can be to convey those. So, there are many elements which say "not finished", even though you may not ever work on this again (that's the fine line between "finished" and "done").

Over all, I would say that using a reference would be the number one helper in this kind of piece. It's obvious you know where you want to go; the eyes are very expressive and even the look on the scrunched face conveys a lot of gangster angst. But it looks like you're not getting a lot of help from other sectors.

I hope that wasn't too harsh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Well, I'm not a mod, but if it's moved, I'd say it was because there are several missteps which might not make it suitable for the Finally Finished section, which is being trimmed in order to make it more of a showcase.

But, again, I'm not a moderator.

I'll second JF on the hair helmet comment. Additionally, it looks like you've done some serious hammering with dodge and burn, which will kill any natural feeling of color, especially on skin. Skin is semi-translucent and will take whatever light source is around and blend it with organic elements (skin being an organ). The result generally has lots of blues and greens and reds. Check out Prom's tutorial. There are loads of tips about light and skin.

The clipped edge on the shoulders is also screaming "edge control", which is a problem in several places. So is the sketch still peaking through several areas. The individual whiskers, too, are usually much tougher to see in real life, but I know how tough it can be to convey those. So, there are many elements which say "not finished", even though you may not ever work on this again (that's the fine line between "finished" and "done").

Over all, I would say that using a reference would be the number one helper in this kind of piece. It's obvious you know where you want to go; the eyes are very expressive and even the look on the scrunched face conveys a lot of gangster angst. But it looks like you're not getting a lot of help from other sectors.

I hope that wasn't too harsh.
    Was going to suggest something but it's pretty much already in here.

Thanks
    yeah well its already said.. but i would like to point out that HIS left eye looks very lonely/sad/scared and his right looks mad or angry maybe intentional? but still looks a bit odd to combine them both in different eyes

Thanks
    Don't bother to outline where highlight and shadow areas will be if you aren't going to use them. An example would be the hair. The fact that you sketched in a highlight area and left it the same colour as the rest of his hair further emphasizes the 'hair helmet' look.

Thanks
    hah! it´s been moved like everything else, ist it a must to draw realistic? can´t someone accept this style?!!!!.thanks to ya all for your help and crits wich i all keep in mind,this isn´t harsh for me i´ll just make the next looks like a better one, this one must really looks like a piece of shit!!!
    i´m very new with photoshop, so i have to learn a lot. but i want to say i don´t want to make it reallistic neither my drawings, i´m a bit inspired by "akimans" colouring style/technique. the mostlyeist shit im not that good in english so i couldn´t get it all what you mean with the helmet hairs, but i´ll put out my dictionary now hehe.

Claudia: thanks i´ll see it the same, lol.

jfwalls: you don´t like lensflares? i don´t think so with the perpective , cuz he´s a sturdy/burly guy like an usher. i´m not sure he´s italian...with the stick you´re right i just thougt it would be looking boring without light.

dogfood. thanks for the tuturial this would really help a lot!!!!!with my skin colours!yeah i was reaaaally a ´bit lazy with the whiskers!i think i would never work on this again right.

asoir: yeah

doomgriever: sorry but all i can see in his eyes is some drama like he went trough a lot of shit , i wanted kind of expression of michiael madsen fromn resorvior dogs if u know. however ...but thanks for sharing your opinion

ryn: i already know this hairs sucks but thanks for ur explanation

Thanks
    no it aint necessary to draw/paint realistic... but its kinda necessary to do things on purpose to be in the finished section and not just because you dont know better.

might add a few things for you to think about... (those are ment to be constructive... mind you)

- lensflares in general are bad... as well as filters, smudge tool, dodge and burn, ....
    the reason is that those are shortcuts, and you just aint able to use them right, if you aint able to do it yourself from scratch.
    but its much easier to slap some cheesy ps stuff on top of your work than to actually think about it... and youd think about its necessity twice if you would have to paint that flare...

- you should think about value, edges, bodycolor, lightcolor and shadow color.
    whats your value range?
    which color is your light? leading to... which color is your shadow?
    which form and light would generate which kind of egde?
    what composition would best suit the emotion/story youd like to portrait?

- study study study

- have fun doing it

- as drdarrow in the painting from life thread said... "if you want to get better at doing art... check your ego at the door".
    dont get hurt over crit you recieve here... all of us are just spending our time to help you... not to attack or discourage you.

cheers

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    sone one : first of all it sounds like i think people discourage me or hurt? no thats missunderstood.but anyways i´ll check my ego at the door and take your advice seriously. i aprecciate your crit and keep it in mind . thanks

Members who have read this thread: 1