Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How good do you want to get?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well beings as its the holidays for me ive got lots of free time, infact 3 months. so im doing a massive marathon, for about 8 or 9 hourse a day, everyday. Although i think its best not to hermitise urself and be stuck in the house all the time because you need to see different things.
    Why not just have a go at seeing how long you can work for and then change parts of your routine to make it comfortable. Make it fun but learn at the same time.
    Goodluck!

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hardly spend time drawing at all, which is silly, because i really want to become an animatior or illsutrator, but thanks to you guys here at conceptart, i get the inspiration to draw more often.

As long as you draw something once a day, you'll make progress. Although your last figure or drawing could look the same as the last one, you will always be making an improvement, however small it may be. Just keep drawing, whether its for 10 mins or 10 hours. Its a great gift and its something you should be proud of!

Note to self: START DRAWING FROM LIFE!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try drawing first thing in the morning after you get out of bed. make it a habit even if it's only 10 - 20 minutes.

You'll need to get used to drawing while tired anyway.

You are a level 8 ninja and even though you have a lot of weapons sometimes your ninja moves are your most powerful.

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I better get cranking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well...this thread is pretty old but I feel it has some good advice so I'm going to post to bring it up.

I have been 'working up' to get drawing these holidays and work on some of the lessons in the books I bought. I really want to get better but every time I sit down to draw, my mind just goes blank. Then I doodle nonsense for a bit, draw a few simple shapes and render them. All the while I'm repeating to myself, "you can draw anything you like". These magic words have stuck with me since I was a toddler and I used to jump with joy from my seat everytime the teacher said them. It brings to mind the enthusiasm I sort of lost track of along the years.

I don't really want to time myself because I keep looking at the clock when I do. Instead, I pace myself in terms of pages in my sketchbook. For example, in a drawing session, I'd first open up to a new page and then dedicate that page as a 'warm up' page and draw things in it until it is filled up top to bottom with whatever junk is jingling in my head. Then I open to a new page and do a 'fair' drawing (which may or may not look the part). The fair drawing part is where I end up 'in the zone' and don't even notice when an hour or more has passed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hhee acctually its not how much u draw it how much u learn from drawing it doesnt matter if u draw 1000 drawings a day and not learn anything its still useless their are easier ways that takeling the 10000 painting challenge (books) what u could learn truh a hundred years of tinkering around u could learn a a month of reading and doing!!!! if u really just listen :C and try doing it too learning is a precious tool don't trow it cuz u think ur better

JeffX99 is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa...necro ^7th power thread. That thread was originally found carved into Sumerian clay tablets and translated here. All original responders simply dust in the wind now.

What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How much you draw isn't as important as how effective your drawing time is. Make sure to keep pushing yourself and teaching yourself new things. Maybe you teach yourself a new piece of anatomy a week. or different architecture. Make sure you're moving forward and not spinning in circles!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 5