Wacom 6D art pen with Photoshop?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Wacom 6D art pen with Photoshop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wacom 6D art pen with Photoshop?

Does the Wacom 6D art pen work with any of the Photoshops as far as
    recognizing brush angles?

If so, which Photoshops? Photoshop 7? CS?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have only seen it together with CS2, but I dont know, since I dont have it my self, and I dont know whats so special about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Isnt there a way to make a feel intensity function turn on with photoshop?

So that the more you push the darker and bolder the lines get?

how ever I have not been able to figure out for the life of me, how to set this..

Freelance User Interface Artist
    www.stepanshurygin.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let's dig this out...

I got my pen a week ago and finally I have PS CS2 for my home computer. I created a brush tip that looks like a regular rectangular copic tip. I set the angle control to rotation. The rotation itself works, but Photoshop doesn't recognize the initial angle of the pen when it touches the tablet. Is there a way to solve the problem? The pen is pretty useless if you have to choose the starting angle manually every time you make a new stroke. Another issue (that I guess can't be solved) is that the brush outline isn't reacting to the rotation, it stays the same all the way of the stroke.

Some help would be nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huh, now it works. And I have to admit, it's a nice tool, no matter what the other say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!

I know this is a very old thread, but hopefully there still might be some response!

Having the same aspect to worry about, so far thinking that the starting angle has to be set manually every time.

"The pen is pretty useless if you have to choose the starting angle manually every time you make a new stroke."

Using the 6d pen as well as an Intuos3, consider myself experienced with Adobe applications, but do not get it to work the way I intend it to within Photoshop CS3..

"Huh, now it works. And I have to admit, it's a nice tool, no matter what the other say."

Care to share?

It would be so great since I do not find any other useful information about a possible solution, searching the web for hours now.. All I can find hints in the direction that the starting angle cannot follow the rotation..

Cheers, Steffen!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it works for me. the problem i have, or photoshop does, the curser doesn't rotate. it doesn't show you the rotation...
    but it works if you take a tip and set the roundness beloww 100%, there are preset tips already, then you choose in your brush control window "shape dynamics" and below "angle jitter" select "control-rotation". it works, it's just the damn display of the curser, that doesn't do it...

hope that helped

cheers
    n

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is old, so orginally must have been referring to CS and CS2.

No version of Photoshop has ever shown brush rotation in the cursor, including CS4. You can control angle with tilt or pressure, even if you don't have the 6D Art pen, and you won't see rotation feedback in the cursor (brush ghost). The Art pen doesn't magically add this feature to PS.

I've seen a DVD for sale that says that the 6D pen works in CS4:
    PhotoshopSecrets Wacom Tablets and Photoshop CS4
    http://www.photoshopcafe.com/video/p.../CS4_Wacom.htm

However, I can't get Art Pen rotation to work at all in CS4, but I have CS4 Extended on Vista64, so maybe that is the issue? All other features of the Wacom Intuos3 work for me.

- Jay

"Talent and all that for the most part is nothing but hogwash. Any schoolboy with a little aptitude might very well draw better than I perhaps; but what he most often lacks is the tough yearning for realization, the teeth-grinding obstinacy and saying: even though I know I'm not capable of it, I'm still going to do it." -- M.C. Escher, in a letter to his son Arthur, 12 February 1955

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Photoshop does show the rotation of the brush, for angle changes made to the brush shape. It just doesn't allow hooking that up to a control. It's really a shame: having that work would be incredibly useful, and clearly the framework to support this already exists (since the hard part--the brush rendering--already works).

This isn't a new product anymore; I can't imagine why Adobe hasn't done this. Until they do, I'll hold onto my $70. Sorry, Wacom...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In photoshop, even if you have Angle Jitter set to Rotation, the brush ghosting does not reflect that...more a GUI issue. I have had a 6D pent for a few years and I hardly use it since I just don't seem to get it to work (I don't use Painter much these days) and apparently photoshop does not support the rotation engine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

6D art pen barrel rotation

The barrel rotation was broken when they released Photoshop CS4, but recently a new patch was released 2/24/2009 that fixed this issue (CS4 v11.01).

Angle set to rotation in the brushes shape dynamics now works as it should. The outline of the brush doesn't rotate, but atleast the brush stroke rotates with the barrel rotation of the 6D art pen now.

Since they finally managed to get the barrel rotation to work like it should in CS4, you guys could send a bug report to adobe, kindly asking them to come with a patch to whatever version of photoshop you have that makes the barrel rotation of the 6D art pen work there too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What if you toggle CAPS LOCK ON/OFF (to show the "precision cursor") does that help show the rotation angle?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok I'm seriously tempted to sell my beautiful and very large Intuos 3 for the new and large Intuos4. But as i use Painter as well as Photoshop, I actually do not want to part with my 6D pen.

Does anyone know whether the pens are the same for the two models... I seriously don't want to replace my pens AND my tablet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingreMark View Post
    Ok I'm seriously tempted to sell my beautiful and very large Intuos 3 for the new and large Intuos4. But as i use Painter as well as Photoshop, I actually do not want to part with my 6D pen.

Does anyone know whether the pens are the same for the two models... I seriously don't want to replace my pens AND my tablet.
    It never occurred to me but I'll bet your suspicions are correct.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pen Tilt with 6D art pen

Has anyone managed to get the pen tilt settings to work properly with the 6D art Pen?

the way i see it working ideally is that tilting the pen so that the pointed tip of the chisel is touching the tablet creates a thin line... and when you have the whole edge of the chisel touching the tablet it creates a thick line... exactly as a chisel point marker or a flat brush would work

if anyone has managed to get this working or knows exactly what the pen tilt in photoshop does or how it works, please post here

thanks

btw i am using photoshop CS2 and an Intuos 3 wacom tablet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess I have crap for tools since no one has mention an Adesso tablet. I have been scanning in my sketchbook for awhile now and was given this drawing tablet as a gift to bring me into present day technology. But I am having trouble getting it to sync up with Photoshop at all, it pretty much just acts as a mouse, can't get any sensitivity out of the strokes.

I went through the PS-CS help section and turned on the pen sensitivity stuff, and downloaded the main drivers for the tablet and the computer. But nothing is really working, I can seriously draw better with the touchpad on my laptop than this thing. I know it must be a setting or driver somewhere becasue no tablet could be this terrible. Online reviews give it pretty good marks although Wacoms are still ranked significantly higher.

For the record I am using an Adesso Cybertablet 12000

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

adesso

I have an adesso too. What you need to do i s make sure the tablet is plugged in and close PS then open it again. Pen should work. You don't have to do this every time. Just make sure you open PS after you plug in the tablet.

My problem now is the pen is drawing when I'm not touching the pad. I've tried the test program and it does it there too so I know it's not photoshop. It works other features on it's own as well. This is very annoying and slowing me down.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.