Art: two characters for a samurai tale
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

two characters for a samurai tale

hey people here i made these two samurais in a A4 paper size , with 0.3 and 0.5 pentel H/HB and some charcoal to smooth , its for a personal project wich is a part of RONINSOUL COMIC BOOK here in sao paulo Brazil , later i will put de color versions,, critiqs please!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What can I say? Showwwwww me the colored drawings, because I am crazy for seeing.

Keep doing the good work my friend!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I must say the rendering is quite beautiful. And the folds in the pants and the hands are great. I myself am a sketch artist(I haven't had much experience with colors.) and hands and cloth are by far the hardest for me.

Only through fear do we fail.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    while these drawing are very nice and rendered very tightly, i think they could benifit from more "energy". I think you have a great grasp on rendering but i think maybe you should look more into composition and arangement and pose. also the clothing in some spots is clearly fabricated. Also places that should have core shadows from thier main masses are missing them. Also most of the textures are very similar in nature and the contrast bounces way to much within smaller forms. Every area shares the same importance which can be good in technical drawings, but very dangerous in illustration and fine art. As the viewer you have to tell us through your drawing what areas are the most important, guiding us throuugh the most important areas and letting us only gaze at the least important ones. This is a lot of stuff to think about during the drawing process but the end result will be much more rewarding if everything is taken into consideration!! keep up the good work!!

(cant wait to see the colored ones)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks thebluepuppy for the tips , i will have more atention on my next works,, im 22 and a beginner artist, i have a few drawings yet! you can see all i have right here http://www.flickr.com/photos/78835346@N00/?saved=1 ,, i have a lot to produce and learn , with time i will improve!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impressive attention to detail. thebluepuppy has a lot of good advice in there. I know just how easy it can be to become lost in the meticulous details. Very theraputic. But yeah, an illustration needs more - I'm still coming to grasp that too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great details, but you could give the figures a clear shading. (lichtquelle)
    like the drawing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Using a consistent lightsource can really improve your drawings and help in compisition making. You are a great shader, just choose where and how you shade with more direction.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.