Art: New Pencilism!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: New Pencilism!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Pencilism!

Hey everybody! I'm Randolph from Pencilism! I've been around for a minute, but not in this community. I may have posted once or twice a while back. I've just revamped my site, and wanted to share my work. Be warned, I'M NO WEB DESIGNER! I'm a freelance artist with dreams of publishing my own projects, and making a living of it. I am now a little closer to that dream. Please enjoy! All comments are welcome (ofcourse).

http://www.pencilism.com/

HERE'S A DETAILED VERSION OF THE PIECE BELOW
    New Pencilism!
    New Pencilism!
    New Pencilism!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice, the coloring could be improved as it looks a bit dull and grayish
    but definitely nice work, have any pencils laying around?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first picture is pretty tight, keep it black and white otherwise I think it'll end up too busy(not to mention I don't particularly like your colouring, no offense)

second pic: the highlights on the upper part of the gloves looks flat, is way too blurry and doesn't go well with the hard lines used for the rest of the image.

third image: the frogger dude is off balance and would fall on his ass in the real world, move those feet back a bit(or the upper body forward, whichever you prefer)

ps. Mexican(?) wrestler mask are fucking retarded...not that it's your fault obviously...just felt like getting that out of my system :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff man, the first picture is fun. Although its a little over detailed/jumbled etc. Its kinda fun to look through and find the interesting stuff happening. The guy is the suit jacket looks cool.

The colouring is good, but the colours are a little dull/bland. Try using a better light source and getting some more interesting colours/shadows from the light.

Keep it up. Andy.

PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PHATandy
    Cool stuff man, the first picture is fun. Although its a little over detailed/jumbled etc. Its kinda fun to look through and find the interesting stuff happening. The guy is the suit jacket looks cool.

The colouring is good, but the colours are a little dull/bland. Try using a better light source and getting some more interesting colours/shadows from the light.

Keep it up. Andy.
    Thanks alot everyone! That's what I need... advice! I feel like I'm good, but I'd like to be GREAT! This is prolly the toughest forum I've posted in. Seeing the work here, I knew it would be tough, but I ain't no punk.

I know my coloring stinks! I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm actually being forced in to it because of not being able to connect with the right colorist for my project. As bad as it is, I'm proud of it. These are the first I've ever done. If anyone knows any details in how I should set up my color palette, and work techniques, then please help me improve! Once I understand what I'm doing, I promise to rock your eyeballs out of thier sockets!!! Peace!

PS - Fro the reckord: Mexican wrestling masks... ROCK!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.