Follows
    Following

Garden

Here are some garden pics I took.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A intresting start, first of all wellcome to CA and the photo board hope to here from you some more the first picture is nice, i like the subject, a little tweeking with the exposure may help a little, good start, i would recoment turinging of the time stamp function though. It is very distracting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i suggest close ups and focusing better. also try making the subject of the photo not directly in the center.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok thanks for helping me out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kewl start bluerose, i wud love to see a redo of the seoncd one for some reason i find it interesting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pics of flowers and stuff

Hey sorry about the dates....

Last edited by bluerose; May 22nd, 2006 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bluerose > dont want to put a downer on the images, the last 2 are ok, they could do with beying a little sharper, the first set, well to be blunt there teriable, its all out of focus, there is a huge amount of noice on the image and the colors are washed out. I think you need to have a sit down with the camera manual, thats what i did, and practise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Garden

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same as above, the first 2 are again blured, try using a faster shutter speed with a lower apture and a higher ISO setting, this should minimise the amount of time the shutter needs to be open, so less blur the last 2 are again blured. Out of intrest are you changing the image to BW after you have taken the photo, or is it a camera setting?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sam: Although all your comments are spot on, i think we should give advice in "small" terms.

First time i was on CA, i was like.. what on earth is aperture or ISO, or noise or any of that stuff..

Let's start with the simple stuff, Noise is exactly what you get when your tv set cant pick up a signal. In your photos, the same effect is happening but in a diminished form.

Second: Blur, dont move around with your camera a lot, when shooting close ups of objects.. or "macros" make sure that your camera is as steady as possible, sometimes the use of a "Tripod" can come in handy.

A third remark is: Get the date out of the photo, if you play around with the camera settings, or happen to read through your camera's manual, you should find something with regards to date/time changes.

Last, but not least, copy the pros, there are several famous artists mentioned on these forums that you can copy/imitate.. over time you will develop your own style.
    Also... READ THESE COMMENTS!!! Everyone's comments help.. some are out of opinion, others are out of facts.. the mentioned stuff so far has been about facts, and not opinions.

Claude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    claude, fair comment, thinking about it for some one new, what i said was probably complete gibberish...... > Basically (as i understand it) when you take a photo with a camera there are 3 main components, the shutter, this opens and closes at a set speed, the longer its open the more light that will be let in to the camera, second you have the...Well its like a diafram in the camera which opens and closes, it relates to apture and depth of field, in short this will change how much of your image is in focus and how much light the camera lets though the lens, lastly you have ISO settings, the higher the ISO setting the more sensitive the CCD (the sensor that meshers the light) is, the more sensitive the more light it will pick up but the more nosier the image will be...sorry about the spelling im in a rush....

Last edited by samsite999; May 22nd, 2006 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So THAT's what ISO is... I've been wondering this whole time so a higher ISO makes the pic noisy? What's a typical 'high', 'average', or 'low' ISO setting (just out of curiosity (sp?))?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ideal ISO is 100 - extremely clear, of course it needs to be extremely bright.
    a very unideal ISO is 1600 but i use that a fair bit when im working in low light so i can get a clear pic even if its noisy (completely worth it).

so 400 is about mid and average - i think my camera tries to keep it at 400

Male, 19
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Camera: Canon 20D

Portfolio: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59036

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its dependnt on the camera you have the nikon 8700 would do 800 But it was almost unusiable, the kodak DX6490 , the prefured iso was 50 that would shoot at 600, the D50 i have will do 1600, Thats perficly usable? its all down to the camera

SP? Do you meen shutter speed? this is how long the shutter in the camera opens and closes, example, the shutter will onen and close in 200th of a second

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys thanks for the help

Blue

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont want to come acrross as mean here, but i hop your joking.. The first one is very very over exposed, the second one is much better but its out of focus and very noisy. I thank you for your attempt and hope you keep trying though.

It may help if you go though some of the long standing development threds, see how people have improved ect...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Out Side...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.