Thanks

Painter 8 Shortcut Help

Hi, I've just started working in painter and was wondering if someone could help me out so I could speed up my sketch technique.

I'm wondering if there is a way to set keyboard shortcuts for preset brushes so I can quickly switch b/t, let's say, a gouache and a blender. Also, is there a way to make a pallete of brushes like a custom color pallete that would only show icons of the brushes i want (as oppsed to scrolling through the entire list).

I know [ and ] for brush size changing as well as the ctrl-alt-shift to interactively change. Then there is the shift-[ , shift-] for feathering the brush, but what's the kb shortcut for changing the opacity?

Help on these would be a great start and as I work more with the software I will post more questions.

Any other useful shortcuts will be super helpful. I'd prefer you guys list what you use specifically instead of directing me to a pdf file or web page with all the shortcuts, but both are appreciated.

Best,

Tadao

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Re: Painter 8 Shortcut Help

Originally posted by Tadao
    Hi, I've just started working in painter and was wondering if someone could help me out so I could speed up my sketch technique.

I'm wondering if there is a way to set keyboard shortcuts for preset brushes so I can quickly switch b/t, let's say, a gouache and a blender.
    Not as far as I am aware.

Also, is there a way to make a pallete of brushes like a custom color pallete that would only show icons of the brushes i want (as oppsed to scrolling through the entire list).
    A sore topic at the moment. This used to be done using custom palettes, but for some reason only known to themselves, Corel decided to do away with custom palettes and replace them with the less useful brush tracker; Window menu>show tracker.

You can however make the left hand brush category drop down in the brush selector bar display brush categories as 'icons only' by clicking the tiny triangle at the top right of the drop down and selecting 'thumbnails'. You can also bring up the brush creator from there.

I know [ and ] for brush size changing as well as the ctrl-alt-shift to interactively change. Then there is the shift-[ , shift-] for feathering the brush, but what's the kb shortcut for changing the opacity?
    Opacity can be changed in 10% increments using keys 1 to 0. eg. pressing 8 on the keyboard, sets opacity to 80%.

Help on these would be a great start and as I work more with the software I will post more questions.

Any other useful shortcuts will be super helpful. I'd prefer you guys list what you use specifically instead of directing me to a pdf file or web page with all the shortcuts, but both are appreciated.

Best,

Tadao
    These are too numerous to list, but if you go to the Painter 8 help menu, and click on help topics, a page will open in your browser. The last item on the contents list is keyboard shortcuts.

David