View Poll Results: Which consoles will you buy with current price figures?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • All

4 8.00%
  • None

6 12.00%
  • Just the Wii

21 42.00%
  • Just the 360

4 8.00%
  • Just the PS3

5 10.00%
  • Wii and PS3

5 10.00%
  • Wii and 360

4 8.00%
  • PS3 and 360

1 2.00%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts

Which consoles will you get?

Xbox360 price being 300-a lot usd
    PS3 price being 500-600 usd
    Wii price being some 200-300 usd (Edit 200-250)

(Since the 360 is out I guess you should vote for it if you already have bought it.)
    Last edited by Prometheus|ANJ; May 25th, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wii.
    I like what the PS3 has going on. But If I'm going to dropping that kind of cash on anything it'd be a new laptop or monitor. Or a huge oil painting start up.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Wii for mii.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    No time for games, Dr. Jones.

Thanks
    All 3, eventually.

Thanks
    Getting a new PC. If the wallet permits, a 360 - but that's not very likely. What would I do with a 360 when I can play Oblivion, GRAW, BF2, BF2142 and UT2007 on my new PC?

The Wii looks to be the most interesting choice so far, but I'm adopting a wait and see attitude because I want to know what are the 'must have' games that will make full use of the motion controller before I plunge in.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    I think i'll just be getting a wii right now... i'm looking forward to gears of war, mgs4 and assassins creed for the others..but they are literally the only three games that interest me out of everything i've heard about...and the wii has about 5 or 6 games that will be out within the first year that look very good....
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yAdam
    and the wii has about 5 or 6 games that will be out within the first year that look very good....
    Definitely more. They have an impressive amount of ready to launch titles and that is impressive. Damn friggin impressive.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Wii

(bump to show off my new sig!! :p)

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Slashdot poll
    Your E306 Console War Pick?
    Displaying poll results.
    Sony Owns My Wallet 4219 votes / 15%
    Nintendo Makes Me Say Wii! 13465 votes / 49%
    Microsoft Has Me Live 2610 votes / 9%
    Waiting for CowboyNealBox3 6741 votes / 24%

GameFAQs - Poll of the Day
    Which of the three next-gen consoles do you think you'll own by this time next year?
    All three 6.62% 6257
    PS3 and Wii 16.69% 15774
    PS3 and 360 5.28% 4986
    Wii and 360 13.18% 12455
    Just a 360 5.31% 5022
    Just a PS3 17.03% 16093
    Just a Wii 27.57% 26052
    None of them 8.32% 7865
    TOTAL VOTES 94504

More of their polls here: Poll of the day archive
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Found this old poll:

Future Gamez - April 2000 poll
    Which gaming system are you planning on purchasing next?
    Microsoft X-Box 14.02%
    Nintendo Dolphin 10.28%
    PC 2.08%
    Sega Dreamcast 43.69%
    Sony Playstation 2 29.21%

Edit:
    ... and here's another one:
    http://www.videogamereview.com/qikShowAll_0crx.aspx

VideoGameReview (late 2000, early 2001)
    Which console was most impressive at E3 2000?
    Dreamcast 64 %
    Playstation 2 19 %
    Nintendo 64 8 %
    Xbox 6 %
    Playstation 4 %

Which Console Maker Will Dominate the Market in 2005?
    Sony 42 %
    Nintendo 20 %
    Sega 17 %
    Microsoft 17 %
    Other 3 %
    Last edited by Prometheus|ANJ; May 15th, 2006 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks
    HDR Bloom top 3:

1. XBox 360
    2. PS3
    3. Wii

Currently Wii games look the least ugly.

I have no idea, i'd have to play the consoles to figure that out. Only played with the Xbox a bit, wasn't really impressed.

Thanks
    Well out of the three the one I'm most excited to play is Wii, of course. If I had all the time and money in the world I wouldn't mind owning the PS3 and Wii. But in efforts to have afew more seconds of time geared towards painting instead of gaming I should narrow my self down to the sassy and cheap Nintendo.

Thanks
    The way it looks right now, 360 only. This may change, but right now, I haven't seen anything for the PS3 that blows me away or that I feel the xbox is incapable of to justify the insane price. Nintendo games about plumbers & apes just dont appeal to me, Metroid and Zelda are the only games I would buy and the PS3 & Xbox will have games in a similar vein. Metal Gear looks great, but I wouldn't buy a system for one game, I didn't even buy the first xbox until it was reduced. And Farcry 2 or whatever its called, GearsofWar among others look equally impressive to me.

Thanks
    Love to get a PS3 and Wii, but like everyone else, there's no way I'm dropping that much cash on one system. So just a Wii for now. Doubtful I'd ever think about picking up a Microsoft Box unless Mistwalker really pumps out some fantastic titles. (Oh, and Fable 2 turns out to completely resolve all the issues from the last game.) As for just about every single goddamn game on 360 right now...when it comes to the only genre they have, well, I prefer to play FPS's with the good ol' mouse and keyboard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles
    (Oh, and Fable 2 turns out to completely resolve all the issues from the last game.)
    My issue with Fable was twofold:

1. It was so damn linear. The "sidequests" if you can generously call them as such were afterthoughts, and the map was basically a straight line with waypoints on it. I wasn't exploring the gameworld, I was led by the hand.

2. I finished it in record time. I can tolerate a certain amount of linearity in a RPG if said RPG is really interesting and lasts a long time. The first KOTOR was fun. It wasn't entirely as linear as Fable, but it was linear enough, that the content of the game is what really saved it.

Everything else about the game, including the interface, was golden IMHO. I just wish it had lived up to its potential.

I really don't want an Xbox 360, but it's hard to resist the kind of RPGs that wound up on the first Xbox (minus Sudeki and Jade Empire). Oblivion has already got me frothing at the mouth.

Hopefully, the new Dragon Quest for the Wii will make me forget all of that much like the last DQ did on the PS2.
    -------------------------
    In the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"

Thanks
    I can wait and see the reaction after the PS3 is released, noy by choice though, it takes a while for the big companies to actually care about latino-america .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MEP
    My issue with Fable was twofold:
    I had a few more, myself. For one, the environments were far too linear. It's one thing to have closed off 'areas', but the things were practically setup to be point A to point B with a few forks. For another, the supposed character personalization in the form of growth was pretty lacking, as it seemed no matter what you wanted to do you'd end up doing a lot of this or that anyway, and you could turn your allignment that you'd been working on all game with some cash!

That, and when my roommate discovered how easy it was to max everything out and be a super man (like an hour with the right trick) the illusion of being this custom stat built player made character sort of faded away.

I love these open ended typed RPGs, but Oblivion IS available for PC and all. I kinda wouldn't count on the DQ game being so satisfying, though. I think it's just sort of two mini-RPGs that use the sword primarily.

Thanks
    Heres something else i noticed. With the new engines the amount of work that goes into a game is getting a lot higher, at least that's what it looks like to me (if i'm wrong here, tell me). So, producers will try to get their games to as many ppl as possible.
    That could mean a lot of games are released both for XBox & PS3, maybe Wii as well (so the "waaaay better" graphics will probably take a hit on the technically "stronger" console/s. Of course we all know graphics are essentially dependend on the content, not the rendering engine). The same happened with a couple of games that were developed for PS2 and then later ported to Xbox/pc, or developed for all 3 platforms at once.
    It could also mean that PS3 and XBox games could be pretty much the same in terms of graphics, making the PS3 an expensive XBox with a supply of exclusive games (Metal Gear Solid - anything else?). The hardware architecture may allow for superiour games, but these would probably (much guesswork here) be maybe one title a year developed by a Sony studio, bc the extra features probably have to rely on tons of assembler coding again, making it impossible to port the game to other consoles.
    If games are released on the Wii as well as on other systems, the remote would most of the time, if anything, be a gimmick. So the Wii is essentially, again, a standard console with support for exclusive games. It's success may depend on how many exclusive games Nintendo can get third party producers to put out, making the rumored low dev kit price pretty much a necessity.
    So all the strong selling points that are shown at the moment, innovative hardware, innovative controls, solid, affordable all around system, may not mean that much in the end.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Right now, I'm looking at the PS3. I will probably end up waiting a year after all three have been released, and see what games are being released and hopefully a price drop will occur by then. I really love how the PS3 is shaping out. Right now though, I simply don't have the disposable income, nor can I justify paying six-hundred bucks for a video game console unless I was sure it had a lot of great, exclusive titles.

As for the Wii, I've owned every major nintendo system since the original NES and with their last two consoles, I just felt left out of the loop as far as good 3'rd party, action, racing and RPG games are concerned. If it weren't for the Metroid Prime games, the gamecube would have few redeemable aspects as far as my expectations go. I have no doubt that Nintendo is doing revolutionary things... But when they’re all just new ways to make Mario jump on a goomba’s head and collect coins, I’m afraid I’ve lost interest. Sure, I’ll miss out on the new Zelda game and Prime 3, but I’ve already missed out on ton of undoubtedly great games that Cube owners like me could only ever drool over.

As you can probably tell, I have no problems whatsoever with having gaming tastes that could be considered maintstream.

Thanks
    MEP & Snuggles, I agree with your comments about Fable. I hope they also fix the annoying acting and the extremely Unepic storyline. Also the way they promoted the lifecycle aspect was a bit lame. Your a kid for like the first five minutes!

The combat is fun and gives you alot of options. Fighting multiple enemys at once got annoying though.

Thanks

Thanks
    !!! EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PREVIEW !!!

I'm stoked!

Thanks
    NEXT GEN HALO!

I'm stoked!

Thanks
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

You're fucking awesome!
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    I will get all 3 ... geek here.

Thanks
    I might not get any console systems this time around. At least not for a while, because from what I've seen so far, most of these newer games are clones of each other.

There's so many Army/ Army vrs Aliens and MMO games with the same basic game system/set up and the same look/style (Huxely, Halo, Gears Of War). They look great, and I'll probably play one of them because they look very cool, but it's all basically the same. There's also all the baseketball/football games that are all basically the same. What ever happened to cool football games like Tecmo Bowl that had it's own flavor.

The solution: There should be more diversity in games like there were before, but with the great graphics they use for these newer Army vrs Alien games/etc. So far, God Of War, Metal Gear 4, Tekken, Valkyrie Profile 2, are some of the games I saw at E3 that look like they may be done well and are completely different games, and different looking as well. Ofcourse there are some diverse games, but most not done very well enough to want to play them. And if there was another game done well like Shadow Of Collossus, I'd get that in a second.

So far, the new generation PS3, XBOX, PC, just don't have enough of that. I don't know whats on the Wii yet, but I can only guess it's the same basic stuff they had on the last system and the N64. Hopefully the systems will have more stuff soon, cause I'm not buying a new system or upgrading my PC just to play 3 or 4 great titles, and then have to buy a new system to play something else.

C
    Last edited by Chris J. Anderson!; May 21st, 2006 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    i like your polls prom

very pro

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.