C.O.W. - #046: Trash Monster

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: C.O.W. - #046: Trash Monster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Round #046

Topic:
    Trash Monster

Deadline:
    Sunday, 21st May 2006

- for any questions or help go here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37512

note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know

Post your creature for this week!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx to Muttonhead for the topic! (and for reading MIKECORRIEROS mind )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, this is gonna be pretty funny - btw OSCAR the Grouch is NOT allowed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damnit! I was just about to do him

I want to have a try at one of these; I have an idea. It will be interesting seeing what others come up with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Honey Dump:
    The Honey Dump is a very odd creature, it has hardly any fur and very little protection as far as skin goes. The Honey Dump excretes an extremely sticky substance from pores all around its body. They tend to live close to junk yards or garbage fields, mostly in places where they can scavenge for food and feel protected. As a result the Honey Dump which is usually a very beautiful animal uses its glue-like secretion to armour its body and camouflage its form to blend in with its current surroundings. Thus, since most of the Honey Dumps call land fills "Home" they end up looking like a walking pile of Garbage.

Image coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nor are dianogas...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So many possibilities. Just hope there's not 20 entries of creatures made of trash. As much as I like the Heap character from Spawn I dont want to see it over and over. I think Mike has a good idea. I had the same idea initially. Think this week should be a bit better than last though. This topic is a bit more stimulating as far as ideas go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first thought would be to make a clever, scathing, artisitic commentary on the mess that is Williams Street Cartoons (there some good ones, but most complete shit), but I think something more original and less like an attack is more in order.

*goes to contemplate*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelHunter17
    My first thought would be to make a clever, scathing, artisitic commentary on the mess that is Williams Street Cartoons (there some good ones, but most complete shit), but I think something more original and less like an attack is more in order.

*goes to contemplate*
    A squirrel hunter?! I'm a squirrel merchant, maybe we can do business.

On topic: Food for thought --- I'm thinking bio-luminescent methane feeding bacteria that give rise to interesting night-time visuals at land fills.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is my first C.O.W. and my first post on CA, have mercy, please

height: about 60 cm
    weight: empty-10kg full-20 kg
    derivation: they come to Earth in 2102 with ore transport from Naroth 12
    food: organic trash
    peculiarity: three skin bags on chest as trash store for poor days and long sticky fingers

that's all my english is too poor for longer description

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

HAHA! Duuuude! I think theres something growing under there!

*claims this spot for rest of story and image.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [QUOTE=Eskay]A squirrel hunter?! I'm a squirrel merchant, maybe we can do business.

I don't really hunt squirrels, I just hate them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rudszy
    watch the "no humanoid" rule! Change your creature design, so it won't conflict with the rule...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...a muppet to muppet conversation. lol!

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I....am....IN! I must do this. Must. Man I need to get off my ass.

Gonna give this one helluva shot!

EDIT- After some bad sketches, decided to enter CHow... ciao!

Last edited by asoir; May 17th, 2006 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redehlert
    wow...a muppet to muppet conversation. lol!
    lol, I think they're both german. well Poland is close enough I guess.
    *fart* just holdin a spot for laters.

Last edited by Tyranx; May 15th, 2006 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, first C.O.W. Also, first post in a helluh long time.

The rattus bicephalic, or two-headed rat came about as the major folly of a genetics research company. It was found that rats exposed to a precise cocktail of bio-hazardous chemicals were more likely to be born bicephalic with a low rate of death and other disorders.
    Scientists took the mutation as an opportunity to study the effects of experimental drugs on neurological deficits. Two heads for the price of one! The rats proved successful in many areas of research.
    However continued breeding eventually lead to other mutations. Rather than weakening the line, the rats grew stronger and more aggressive.
    Unbeknownst to authorities some two-headed creatures escaped to thrive in local landfills, growing larger and stronger with each generation. What's worse is that by feeding on organic waste, two-headers became a sesspool of disease. By the time the monsters were discovered, they were not just huge, but any human contacting them ran a high risk of contracting any of the numerous resistant diseases they likely carried. Authorities have not yet found an ideal way of dealing with them... thankfully, two-headers seem content to stay in the sanctioned biohazard areas.

Also the males have huge balls...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    redehlert
    hehe, first i didnt get it...rudszy? what muppet is that??? but then i saw his avatar

Tyranx
    you are mixing up history with present i guess ....he is from a completely different origin...like one from Arizona and one from Seattle...ha!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally sat down and organised my favourite brushes in Painter. I haven't tried Painter in quite awhile, but ended up with a COW entry. This started as a 500x500 brush test page around the area it's emerging from the ground.

Update 17/5 - added lower panel, and fixed plating.

Plated Ferravore

These gigantic, worm-like creatures survive on various metallic minerals, but primarily require a diet rich in iron. As such, they commonly reside in junkyards, dumps and the like, where processed metals are abundant.

The constant supply of iron is necessary to maintain a healthy rate of growth and self-maintenance. Ingested metals are smelted and distributed through extremely hot internal organs and passages, seeping out through the back and head to solidify as plated metal armour.

In reference to the diagram:
    1. Crushed scrap enters throat
    2. Materials reach a pulsating organ which mixes everything with extreme turbulence. Heat is induced through friction and rapid circulation of blood around the organ.
    3. Superheated, liquified scraps pass through for further filtration
    4. Metals siphoned to the upper body surface of the Ferravore, where they will be distributed by a complex network of vessels. Waste materials separated and digestion continues

Last edited by Simon Boxer; May 17th, 2006 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cognition.sb - I like that alot. It has great energy and style.

My only thing is that you don't see enough of the creature. If you use this I would maybe do a small line drawing on the bottom or right side of the front or side of the creature, so we know exactly what it looks like.

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    True, that's a fair point. I'll add an extra diagram or something tomorrow. Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DONG - the church bell strikes, breaking the sticky silence of Agginsmouth, with its echoic metallic cry

DONG it strikes again cold and eerie across the morning air. Birds squawk and fight.

DONG again it cries, this time louder and coupled with a terrible stench...

A relentless thundering rumble shakes the sleepy village to its very core - as if the devil himself had climbed up from the black fiery kingdom of hell and danced his merry dance upon the pathways and ports, rooftops and rafters.

This sound was not welcome at all.

The Crashing increases in both volume and tempo, and there - through the thick hazy sunlight, the perpetrator reveals himself, covered in archaic remnants of a thousand years, clanging an oblivious clang from the church bell and steeple embedded in its head.

These giant beasts, named in fables as Trash-gargantuans, due to the ever growing amount of collected debris and rubbish stuck to their bodies, were said to have lived in the dark valleys, thousands of years ago. Every hundred years or so they would appear, bursting forth from the ground, in which they had laid dormant, hibernated without detection for all this time, and clamber through the hills, taking anything in their path with them...

They would journey to another spot, one of some secret significance, dig themselves a giant hole and lay themselves down to sleep... Anyone or thing that was unlucky enough to be caught up in the journey could use this time to get out because soon, these giant monsters would let out an almighty roar - shaking the rocks and earth around them so hard it would fall down on top of them, covering them (and anything attached to them) up, for another hundred years or so - until they decide to rise up once again for this baffling desctructive ritual.

trash monster comes out ground, walks along, shit gets stuck to him, goes back underground, +100 years and repeat.

Eri

Last edited by Eriboss; May 21st, 2006 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    done

Giant TrashSquid

Dorment for millions of years, the Giant TrashSquid has awaken to clean up the poisons killing the planet and disrupting the circle of life.

Last edited by meeatu; May 20th, 2006 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

inspiration....and place holder

chaos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Midden Bloat (living trash refinery)

Envirotech, The corporation that holds the patents on these critters, won't say where they got them. Could be an alien life form for all anyone outside the corp or the EPA knows. But they crow all day in the press releases about what the bloats do. Heralded by the PR flacks as the answer to a fuel starved world's woes, The bloats turn trash into useful and profitable materials. Apparently, the big suckers have a digestive system from hell, and can eat anything that they can fit in their gullet, then break it down into it's component substances. The corp contracts with the city governments to let the bloats graze of landfills all day and night, producing blobs of pureified metals, various gasses, and- most profitably- a hydrocarbon fluid that's only about a step away from light sweet crude. No nerve endings in the carapace, so the corp just builds the rest of the refining equipment right on the bloats' backs. Instant refinery.

Tried to apply some of Mike's advice of not using terrestrial animals so obviously.

-Fuu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuuryoku - sweet idea.

Thanks Neorepto for the comment. This is as far as i go with this. Want to start the enviroment of the week to make up for the terrible terrible pic i did last time for it.

Civilisation had expanding far beyond our own galaxy. As we expanded so did our waste, until it became unbearable. Scientists came up with a solution a microbe called ‘E411’ which was genetically engineered to devour anything from oil to nuclear waste. This was a minor success but the trast kept growing so a drastic measure was taken. Planet Khyber an uninhabited planet was chosen to be the garbage dump of the galaxy. Rubbish from all over was dropped there and most still contained the Microbe ‘E411’ but nothing was though of this as it was expected to die. But it didn’t it thrived due to the low gravity and the gas mix of the planets atmosphere. With unlimited supply of rubbish it grew to monstrous size and was dubbed the trash monster.

Last edited by Mitze; May 19th, 2006 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mitze,

So far yours is my favorite. Keep going. I like the variety of the gel like mass and the brain like swelling... "belly?"... Maybe extend the canvas so it reaches further back into the background?

Just a suggestion. So far I like it. Its got a contemporary feel and a vintage/retro sci-fi feel at the same time. I like that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my attempt at COW this week, still a WIP....

The Bag Slug:
    This creature earned it's name in direct relation to two of it's traits. One, it resembles a black garbage bag. And two, it stores it's food, much like a garbage bag does. A native creature to the tar worlds of the HeftieBg-XT galaxy, these creatures are sold in various exotic pet stores around the Alpha Prime system. Easily domesticated, they make wonderful everlasting trash bags. As long as there is garbage around, this creature will thrive. They have an average life expectancy of 2,000 years. There is one problem though with this species, they do tend to be curious, much like an Octopus, and they will eat anything that is laying loose for them to get ahold of. It is best if you purchase an optional Bag Slug Bin, as it keeps the creature restrained, and is perfectly acceptable for the well being of your personal Bag Slug. Best of all, there's NEVER anything to dispose of. With the Bag Slug, waste does not happen. The Bag Slugs extremely high metabolism prevents it from wasting any material that it consumes. Everything that the bag slug eats is consumed entirely and used to keep the creature alive.

"It is ten percent how you draw, and ninety percent what you draw." - Andrew Loomis

Artastic's Sketchbook

Visit my new username and sketchbook at Thor's Hammer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first post in C.O.W.

Hurrly the Garbage Picker was found frozen in an ice burg in antartica. He loves to eat trash, the scientific community is working on cloning Hurrly so that they can eliminate the world's trash problem. Isn't he cute?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.