Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Random Sketches and Stuff...... Blizzard sketches 9/22

Last edited by britt; September 25th, 2006 at 05:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great sketches Brit! I am very impressed by the people at Jack in the Box.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    hi there britt !!
    nice to see you here again.
    i'm gonna follow this SB, killer lines and images!

cheers dude!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Have you ever tried coloring any of your inks?

Thanks
    Very full of life and varied.
    I would love to see more of your coloured work and cool gallery shots, hope you get hired by a good studio

Thanks
    Hey, Britt! You have a striking spatial sense, even if you're structure's a bit wobbly. It is a really interesting thing to look at.

Check out my sketchbookplease!

Thanks
    this is really cool, hope to see you build it up

Thanks
    whad up man.. diggin' that last mcdonalds sketch with the crazy lady. wobbly lines lookin good

Thanks
    Woot. Tight job on the enviros, Brittah. The ambience and lighting in the bamboo thicket is excellent. Maybe the two bamboos in the foreground looks a little too straight and plastic though. I should know, I have a sprawling bamboo thicket in my backyard. Just joking. The scene on top of that (an old temple?) is my favourite.

Thanks
    Nice to see your stuff around again, Britt. That McDonald's sketch is the best; it has a nice composition with the way that decorative design thingie angles towards the viewer. Adding a crazy lady usually helps.

Thanks
    Hello, Britt, I wonder why you didn't work like this anymore. Not that I'm trying to talk you into doing what you don't like to do anymore, but it was an unique and beautiful style, which enchanted me right away. The theme and faces and even the manner to color, so personal, individually chosen for each piece, unprecedented, very thoroughly thought out.

I don't know, I was captivated right away. The big speedy, intimidating, monumental manner to paint which prevails in digital painting right now as I see it is very effective and makes a fast impression, but it doesn't last long in my eyes. Your strange little world, its inhabitants and only them applicable costumes, activities, well that's was a real joy to see. I remember all of them, they still stand in front of my eyes, so long time I was observing very many interesting details you lovingly placed in the images.

I understand perfectly dilemma of art or money, but I'm sure you don't want only earn your living with your art, going with what sells, you want to talk though your art with your viewer, don't you? I hope you do. Well, the conversation was awesome. Still is, you didn't lose anything. I just see you looking at mainstream direction in art too, that's all. Nothing wrong with it. but you got more than that.
    So the grey enviro http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../flattower.jpg is beautiful, but pretty much what I saw already in other artists work. It is effective, but recognisable.
    Your TGtalk entry is something special, which I never saw and will never see any other artist performs. It is very personal, obviously has very many personal associations and past memories of very sensitive, deep person. I love it, this entry, why you didn't finish it? You should value that awesome ability of yours to create wonderful lyrical and philosophical word, ability to carry it to paper. It is so rare and so beautiful. You yourself probably don't even understand how much of your personality in these images, you think they are not perfect. Maybe, I don't know how they were born, but I can feel their sweetness and humanity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ain/paint3.jpg has a bit too smooth, digital look, more love and details would be greatly appreciated, but I enjoy the strange, touching scene opened up suddenly in front of me. Not my world, not my way to live, fascinating, sweet, I'm greedy to know more about them, little people who travel with funny mobile on top of the cabin. Wonderful, gave me so much pleasure to see it.

Fantasy characters, I love them, especially happy with careful coloring, makes me look longer at them, because you put more thoughts in them too. You could have made them even more enriched with details though, you can't go wrong adding details with these characters, that's what makes them interesting, Little hints about who they are and how different they are. Design of the night light makes me happily insane, time to visit McDonald's.

Last painting. oh, it is perfect. Such a elegant simple manner to talk with your viewer, such a graceful effect, attention to small, hiding treasures. light play from colored mosaic on the wall, loneliness of the statue which looks like half stature, half alive person, very successful perspective, colors, calm, comforting. Wonderful contrast of airy, weightless room and solid, straighforward rug on the floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ook/sketch.jpg Again, the same sweet not in a hurry enjoyable manner to talk to your viewer and constant attentive interest to small world objects. Adorable.

I like the sketch of the McDonald's, good deepness and it has a mood, and I loved to read your thoughts in posts.
    So thank you so much. Hope to see more
    And please post all the rest from the Gallery images.

Sveta

blanquish thanks

clogic Thanks...good to see you around. I keep checking your thread to see if you've updated.

Yo, Lukavi. Good to see you around the forums. You're right about that bamboo. I saw some while I was jogging and almost every pole had a slight bend to it.

Madplanet... How you doing? So many familiar names is great to see. Glad you like the crazy lady sketch. It took a lot of guts to stare into her crazy boggling eyes that periodicly rolled to the back of her skull with the bite of a french fry. JK

Sve...wow...thanks for the insight. Your observations are "scary accurate." Didn't relize my drawings showed that much of my own personality.
    To answer some of you questions. I don't work like that anymore for a number of personal reasons. Like the CG talk piece. I stopped.. because I was changing my ideas about certain things. You know what I'm sayin' funky Sve. It was getting at me like a piano being pushed out the fifth floor of a boucany window. And I was standing under it. So I stepped out of the way.

Thanks for the comments people.....hope everyone has a good weekend. Violent Femmes is comming to town this Sunday. If your in the bay area and want to do something for $11. There's your ticket.

Last edited by britt; July 5th, 2006 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks
    Ha, ha, what a wealth of drawing inspiration you have at your disposal! You know, if you cut your grass it might not have looked so cozy to that guy. So, what was going on? Was he just passed out or what?

The u-haul sketch looks cool, almost like a ghost truck or something. The dangerous person at the bottom with the big hands look interesting, too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4