Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
here's what just started happening:
I scanned three drawings in photoshop, saved them, and opened them in Painter.
The first one, no problem.
Drawings 2 and 3 get weird new names. Name before opening: "camel trooper ultimate marker.psd" Name as soon as it's opened: "camel trooper ultimat#E3B8E.psd"
what is causing this? I'm going to start to back up all of the files that aren't yet saved to CD until some tells me how to fix this.
Oh yeah: Painter 8.1 running on Mac OS 10.3.9
ok, I just reinstalled painter and it's still happening...the only thing I wish I had tried was to not toss in my custom paper textures and brushes before launching it the first time.
...time for some more experimentation..
apologies in advance for reviving an ancient thread, but I finally figured this error out after it came back today.
it's a goofy filename character limit re-naming bug. idk what the limit is, but it's shorter than the limit of OSX or Photoshop CS2 and it's picking a color code, probably from the first pixel in the top left corner.