Thanks

Metal Gear Solid 4 E3 '06 trailer!

3 min trailer.

later they are going to release a 15 minute trailer, at their conference.

but for now...

... http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game

all new bad ass Raiden returns as a awesome ninja. (watch him take out multiple MGs like they were nothing)

other returning characters seen here are:

Meryl

Cambell

Naomi Hunter

Otacon

Ocelot/Liquid
    "Is there a way I can take my pants off?..." - Snake from MGS3: SE

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just finished watching it.

my reaction is that it's not any more impressive than the first trailer was a year ago : | however, raiden is either a little more gay, or a little less gay. Haven't decided yet.
    Last edited by one2hit; May 9th, 2006 at 03:45 AM.
    N & B

~Sketches

Thanks
    what are you talking about? the new raiden is an absolute badass.

he just whooped, like, 4 or 5 MGs as if they were nothing!

(oh and btw... raiden bashing is getting real old. just cause you didnt get to play as snake all through MGS2, it doesnt justify raiden bashing. raiden was never 'gay')

but anyways, i can't wait till the 15 min. trailer. i am 100% sure its going to include gameplay.
    "Is there a way I can take my pants off?..." - Snake from MGS3: SE

Thanks
    If Richard Simmons took out 4 Metal Gears, he'd still be gay.

I don't think anyone was mad about just not playing as snake the whole game. I think it's the fact that you're going from Snake, who is the batman of videogames, to being some kid who whines about literally everything he has to do and had a crazy bitch session at the end of the game.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    MGS4 looks great! I can't wait to see what happens in the story too.

Interceptor Said: If Richard Simmons took out 4 Metal Gears, he'd still be gay.
    HAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Ian: Yeah, Raiden bashing is over done, but I think the reason people were turned off by his character is because of what Interceptor said, and because of some of the things that happened in MGS2 with his character. Like for instance, that scene when the president grabs Raidens crotch, (and I'm guessing he was checking to see if he was a woman or not.) I rememeber when I was playing through that scene thinking, "Why is the president touching my characters crotch? And why isn't my character doing something about it, like kicking him in the head. Isn't he a hardcore fighter, or is he following some kind of strange procedure?" Then Raiden running around naked towards the end of the game. These moments in the game doesn't make you, the player, feel like a tough badass soldier that Snake is, it made you feel the opposite. And fans wanted to play as a bad ass, and got a bit robbed. Besides certain moments, his character didn't bother me too much. It might not have bothered you at all, but then again everyone has different expectations from certain games.

Thats cool that there bringng back some of the older characters. They all look cool, and I'm excited that Meryl's back, I was wondering if they were going to continue her story. I read somewhere Snake may have to fight her, that should bring out some tense moments. The story of Snake dying of old age, (possibly from FoxDie) seems interesting, and the story seems like it's as good of a serious war story, or better, than the first MGS for PS1, it seems like it will be told well. I'm excited to play this. I hope it doesn't turn out to be weak.

Thanks
    http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/english/index.html
    click on Special -> Trailers on the left side and you find the 2006 E3 15 minute trailer of MGS4 on their E3 site. A bit tricky to find but it should be possible.

Thanks
    It's a great trailer. Would be a great movie. Why do they have to stream this shit though. At work I'm on a T1 and I'm still constantly buffering.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougbot
    It's a great trailer. Would be a great movie. Why do they have to stream this shit though. At work I'm on a T1 and I'm still constantly buffering.
    They had the torrent on joystiq.com/, kotaku.com/, or evilavatar.com/, I am not sure where but I found it on mininova.org/ when I googled for the filename.torrent so it should be the same (good quality and directly from Konami): http://www.mininova.org/tor/305988

Thanks
    anyone know where i can find a quicktime version of the e3 2006 (15min) trailer? Im having a lotta trouble with these crappy streamed wmv files ><;; plus im on a mac

Thanks
    this was one of the highlights of the show this year for me. I watched this trailer a good 3 times. Simply amazing. Under any normal circumstances, I hate the idea of "story" in games, but Kojima actually makes it interesting. I was really blown away by this, especially being able to see more clearly how the new metal gear units function with their new leg designs. Any quams I had before about them looking goofy went straight out the window seeing their new functionality and use.

Although I heard rumors that Kojima didn't realize that they removed rumble to add motion detection into the new PS3 controller until sony announced it at the conference. Apparently he had some gameplay incorporated into the rumble feature. He must have been pissed.

Thanks
    the new raiden is just a desperate attemt to make him cooler to the public. after mgs 2 everyone hated him, probably bcuz people where ancious to play solid snake, the true hero and just the coolest, bandana wearing, smoking, badass character in the series. except for japan ofcourse. (thypical japan to fall in love with a long haired blonde with a wimpy voice, reminds of an anime character i guess, no offense fellow ca.org members from japan ) so by making him into a cybernetic uber samurai with exo-skelleton like grey fox and olga had before him, they hope that the west will find raiden cooler, and hopefully clear his name as the most hated person in the mgs series. u gotta admit guys, the mysterious "deepthroat" ninja has been one of the coolest faces in the series. Definitly my favourite

And is it just me or is those new metal gear mechs with chicken legs kinda ridiculous... i mean, im dissapointed if this is the new secret weapon that is threatening the human existance. The previous metal gear rex was cool, the shagohod (despite its name, and that it was actualy not a metal gear, more than a mobile tank capable of launching polaris missiles from rough terrain over huge distances) was great, the ray was awesome, the arsenal was just immense, so id expect the next design to b just totaly superb badass, not a toster with some hot chick legs. And was that blood pouring out from one of the mg's?
    Last edited by Wolfbane; May 21st, 2006 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfBane
    And is it just me or is those new metal gear mechs with chicken legs kinda ridiculous... i mean, im dissapointed if this is the new secret weapon that is threatening the human existance. The previous metal gear rex was cool, the shagohod (despite its name, and that it was actualy not a metal gear, more than a mobile tank capable of launching polaris missiles from rough terrain over huge distances) was great, the ray was awesome, the arsenal was just immense, so id expect the next design to b just totaly superb badass, not a toster with some hot chick legs. And was that blood pouring out from one of the mg's?
    They look like frog legs and seem to be some mecha-frog hybrid. Reports from some time ago about signal transmission in amphibians showed how 'simple' that system is compared to the system we mammals have. They even had a computer connected to the frog and could manipulate it that way. So if you use some genetically engineered (a bit of a MGS theme) frog legs and some advanced Metal Gear mecha it fits perfectly for what these little ones are. They make sounds to distract or soothe humans and hunt humans in that area. The frog legs seem to be very flexible and versatile if compared to mechanical legs.

It's all just speculation on my side but somehow I think that it could be very similiar to what I wrote above.

Thanks
    RAIDENS A DUDE?!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks
    the ninja chopping the mechs were nice

Thanks
    I was more interested in actual gameplay. The trailer looks like every other game trailer- a trailer that doesn't actaully represent gameplay.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Mooooooooooooo
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdKodiak
    I was more interested in actual gameplay. The trailer looks like every other game trailer- a trailer that doesn't actaully represent gameplay.
    MGS never had real FMV sequences. All the game and cut scenes were made with the gameplay engine. And if you take a lookat the guy in the truck (somewhere near the beginning) then you can easily see that these are not optimized for video. It looks like that is how the in-game engine will be if you consider that MGS never had a seperate hi-res FMV thingy (as far as I know). The game won't play like in the video (like it doesn't play like that in MGS) but you get that graphics quality. They probably can add some more special particle effects and stuff like that because they have no AI and input to consider when they make the cut scenes. But unlike some other games MGS always looked rather non-cheating. Just my opinions (and hopes).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Does it matter if it's rendered or not? I think ColdKodiak's point was that the player won't be jumping around awesomeish like that ninja, the actual gameplay will be more like in my Halo comic, mark my words.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    I am really looking forward to see how much more they incorporate cinematics into the gameplay itself in the next one.

In 3, I thought they did a good job of combining the two, with the occasional alternate perspective option during cinematics (from snakes POV.) and the battle with the Shagohod was one of the most "cinematic" battles in gaming that I have seen.

I hope they keep up this trend and incorporate both their movie segments with playable parts even more this time around.

Thanks
    and hope that they do more actual movie cut scenes than their small "nano conversations". Sometimes this is really anoying, espesialy in the sons of liberty, when ur in the arsenal running around butt naked.

Thanks
    the new 15 minutes lenght trailer just rox i seriously cant take the waiting... it kills me! But wtf?!?! why are the new mg's groaning like horny cows?!?!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Denart
    the ninja chopping the mechs were nice
    that was raiden...anyways, i don't get why some of you dislike the character so much. despite mgs2, wait till you play mgs4 i gaurantee you all that he wil be different, perhaps way cooler. i mean we just saw him chop down a few MGs.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; May 23rd, 2006 at 07:04 PM.
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    MuffinMan: It could be because of this:

MGS1:cool guy, interesting, a bit rough, has character
    MGS: Raided starts as a little snotty newbie

He was part of the whole story and it works but the first impression stands in contrast to what you know if you have played the first MGS

Kojima thought it was funny that people didn't like him (he didn't expect exacly that reaction) and said that people will at least accept him in the new game (probably even like him).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mario
    Kojima thought it was funny that people didn't like him (he didn't expect exacly that reaction)
    I think Kojima expected gamers to like Raiden because he was supposed to represent gamers. And that's exactly why they didn't like him.

I mean, gamers are still whining about how Raiden wouldn't stop whining. Irony?

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook