Just standing..
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Just standing..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just standing..

Since I suck at photoshop I decided to try digital painting, but ended up not doing it, sort of.. lol
    I dunno what I did, but I went off course somewhere at one point. I think I'm just gonna draw some action scene instead of just a guy standing there out of proportion, but here was my first attempt at a messed up almost digital paint job.. lol

Major tips please, and I need to find a way to use more glowing light stuff.. Like one side, a green light shines on you, while a blue light shines behind.. It would be good practice for me, but I dunno where to begin.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work so far man. If you want to improve on your light rendering I sugest reference. Check out the works of the pros, kids on this forum, photographs, stills from movies... and simply use them as reference for you practice paintings. Reference is an often overlooked thing. Keep on posting your progress.

"All your base are belong to us!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good idea, Maybe I should draw what I see occasionally to get an idea of where light goes. Usually I just think up things to draw, but I suppose I should study light by drawing real objects instead, and apply those techniques to what I'm drawing from my mind.. lol.

It's common sense I know, but I just don't like the idea of it all.. lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol I need to learn proportion.. but I don't want to have to sketch out shapes before I sketch an image.. I do occasionally, but it makes me want to stop working after 5 minutes.. lol. I seriously need a tablet.

Anymore tips on what I need to improve on, and how to go about doing it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol I think right now, paper and pencil would probably be far more profitable to you than anything else... lol. Lol working with a mouse is not only not helping you, it's hurting, as the muscle memory skills you're developing are not going to help you in any other art endeavor... lol. Lol I'm not saying to give up on the computer side, just concentrate far more heavily in drawing from life, using references, and studying anatomy... lol.

Lol... paper and pencil... lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually wouldn't the muscle memory skills only affect my right hand?
    I use my right hand on the computer with a mouse.. but I'm left handed when it comes to drawing with pencil and paper. So it really hasn't done much harm to my drawing hand.. which is why I'd like a tablet.. I draw from references all the time on paper, I guess I'll do it more often.

But yeah, would it affect my left hand by drawing with my right hand on a computer with a mouse? I don't think it would, because its like two different parts of the brain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, you're right. That's a completely different kettle of fish. I've heard of a couple of other people who work like that, as well. I still think the other points are valid, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes I will most definitely draw from life, using references, and study anatomy.. This is gonna be complicated..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.