What happened to conceptart.org?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: What happened to conceptart.org?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What happened to conceptart.org?

Hiya i'm relatively new here as in, i dont post much of my work anymore
    But i'm starting to wonder what happened to conceptart.org .
    Lately i'm beginning to see mr. Manley's point of the sugar coated lovin' more and more. Even if people ask for crits, most of the time chances are you won't get them.
    I'm starting to feel out of place here, i won't pretend i'm a great drawer/painter-- i'm not -- but i just don't enjoy looking at comments which just say "i don't like it, you suck", or even worse, i have spotted some people who don't post anything else then " I likez it! total shitz yo! bitcsh! you is greatest! eastcoast yah!" - or something to that effect.
    This takes part (well, ok, a lot) of the fun away i had in browsing this forum.

I mean, look at this thread for instance:
    click
    Great artwork, but most people reacted like, "i dont believe you're 14! liar! i hate you!" I mean, how old is everyone anyway..judging from the reactions in that thread, we're all older then 14, so stop being so childish.

At a given point in that thread, someone (happeh) posted the illuster worst-post ever.
    Just go read for yourself. It's halfway in the thread.

Why would someone make a comment like that? It's insulting, i think he tried to be funny, go try somewhere else. This forum is about art, not about making fun at the expense of other people.
    (try eatpoo.com, if you're interested.)

Soo, to wrap it up, what happened to usefull posts on CA?

PS. The only place where the magic is still happening are the life drawing, daily sketchbook and selfportrait threads, except some juicy nuggets of silver ( i don't like gold) in the other areas.
    PPS. Don't say to me that i have no right to make a statement like this, even thought my drawings are below noob level, doesn't mean i'm stupid.

Sorry, i just needed to rant and blow off some steam about stuff like this.
    Feel free to delete it.

PPPS. I hope i get my point across, i'm bad with words, and my english is even worse.

Cynical smarty pants.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd strongly suggest you stfu about eatpoo. You obviously haven't been there much, because they don't make fun of peoples art.

also take a pill, most of the works being posted on this forum have so many errors and not all of us have the time to make 3 pages of crits for every one in here.

Though I do agree about that post you referenced it was rather pathetic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to the internet.

The thunder of guns tore me apart.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, sorry coma, didn't mean to insult anyone with my (kinda failed) attempt at humor
    And i didn't mean they make fun at others artwork, more that they make fun at each other -- which they do, in a good way, offcourse.

And you're also right about the rest... i wasn't really thinking when i made that post -- something which i tend to do when i go rant -- but i was kinda shocked about that topic, i held the conceptart.org population in a higher regard (does this sentence make any sense in english?).
    There are alot of good threads -- i'm just feeling a bit down about the bad (and the very bad) ones... with bad i don't mean the artwork, but the kind of responses people get.
    Drawings are never bad

Cynical smarty pants.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Every time I've posted, I've gotten at least two good crits and one person who enjoyed my work. I try to give out at least one helpful crit a day, and do paintovers when I can. Unless I'm joking around, I try to keep the extraneous comments to myself. And I know plenty of people here in the same boat.

In short: Whatever dude, it's not as bad as you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Saying C&C in the sketch forum means plz tell me to carry on or not.
    Saying C&C in the wip forum means tear it apart I'm not done and need help.
    Saying C&C in the finished works forum means "I'm done with it, but need help for future." So gives crits like "Yeah nice compisition but the colour scheme could go more so into the greens and the right arm's perspective is off.

This isn't to say if I say nice perspective I'm saying the rest sucks, just pointing out a strong point. Finished Works means you're more or less done no redos...don't bash it in that thread to nothing unless specified. Just a matter of who the person is. I think so anyways. You think its softie then meh
    "Remember what I told you about quiting, Bart?"
    "yeah"
    "Now's the time to do it!!" I mixed 2 Simpsons quotes.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.