Wacom Tablet support!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Wacom Tablet support!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wacom Tablet support!

I'm new here, however, I've already introduced myself on another topic on this forum. Really looking forward to being an active member of this online graphics community. n_n

I am just starting with digital painting and will be purchasing a tablet shortly. However, I am unsure of which to get as I've got little experience with tablets. I was thinking of either the wacom Intuos3 a4/a5 or the graphire Classic.

This may sound rather stupid, but what are the major differences between the following:

: Intuos3 A3 Wide
    : Intuos3 A4 oversize
    : Intuos3 A4
    : Intuos3 A5 Wide
    : Intuos3 A5
    : Intuos3 A6

and

: Graphire4 Classic
    : Graphire4 Classic XL
    : Graphire4 Studio
    : Graphire4 Studio XL
    : Graphire Bluetooth

The main uses will be for digital painting on a regular basis (i.e. several times per week). Is there any specific model you could recommend? Cost isn't an issue, though I'm looking for the model best suited for me and something that is very durable as well as efficient.

commingsoon...
    Sketchbookrevived
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If cost isn't an issue, there's no reason to get anything besides an Intuos3 (unless you want a Cintiq). Don't get a wide model unless you have a widescreen monitor. I'm not sure exactly which size is A5 or A4 or so forth, but most people seem to prefer the 6x8 (6x11 if you're widescreen). Don't make the mistake of thinking bigger is better, because many people find even the 9x12 to be too big (on the other hand, though, many also find the 4x5 to be too small). It's just a matter of how you like to draw, really. If you prefer to make large, sweeping strokes, go with a larger model, but remember that reaching around for menus and palettes might get to be a pain in the ass. But most importantly, if cost is indeed not an issue, definitely get the Intuos3. Double the pressure sensitivity, plus tilt, bearing, and rotation sensitivity, not to mention the programmable buttons and touch strips (I find these handy for brush resizing, but terrible for zooming).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright cheers. Pardon me if this is the wrong area to be posting this topic, as I've just noticed n_n. I prefere drawing small, well not too small, but not too large either. If the A5 and A4 are equal to the A4 and A5 paper dimentions then A5 should consist of rouoghly the same dimensions as a notebook. So now it's either the Intuos3 A4 or A5. n_n

Thank you for your help, really appreciate it.

commingsoon...
    Sketchbookrevived

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick Google search cured my confusion in the matter. A5 is 6"x8", which is the one I have. A6 would be 4"x5", and A4 is 9"x12". I think. I would say go with the Intuos3 A5. That's probably the perfect one for you. Remember, the Graphire has absolutely no advantages over the Intuos; it's just a more cost-effective tablet. Professionals use the Intuos series almost exclusively.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cost isn't an issue as I've said before, and as I see most people, including you, have recommended purchasing the intuos3, I think I'll go with that. The only problem is finding a good retailer, that does not delay the delivery by 3+ weeks (as I've experienced in the past with IT related product over the internet) n_n. Are you sure A5 isn't too small though? I know A6 is def. too small, so it's either A4 or A5. My sketch book is slightly shorter than an A4, but slighly wider as well, so that makes either an A5 or A4 the suitable choice. Now the question is which? n_n

commingsoon...
    Sketchbookrevived

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.