C.O.W. - #045: The Mover

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Cow C.O.W. - #045: The Mover

Round #045

Topic:
    The Mover

Deadline:
    Saturday, 13th May 2006

- for any questions or help go here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37512

note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know

Post your creature for this week!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    thanx to romance for the topic suggestion...it was actually some kind of a joke when we pm'ed

Thanks
    in case anyone is asking:

just create a creature concept, with a creature which's main occupation is moving...whatever whenever however...let's move...bad joke...shut up...ok...

Thanks
    Sweet, sounds like fun. I like moving stuff.

Thanks
    hmmmm.....i feel a disturbance in the force.
    no.
    wait.
    that's my bowel mover.
    gotta go drop him off at the pool.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    And yea verily the CoWlies did stare blankly at their screens for never had their been a title so vague.

All joking aside, this one is really wide open. I think the whole thing here wont be coming up with an idea but trying to decide amongst the hundreds of things that could fit under the broad project title. Guess the best way would be to go about it in a logical fashion and decide the whys, hows, and whats then work from there. Still I dont think well have nearly as much of the idea sharing that I saw last week, everyones gonna have their own thing this week.

Thanks
    I keep thinking dungbeetle
    :p

chaos

Thanks
    Thats eerie. I was thinkin the exact same thing Chaosrocks. Hmmm, maybe their wont be alot of discrepancy between entries after all.

Thanks
    if my creature walks can he be considered " a mover " since he does move and not stand still? kidding

Thanks
    well oddly, according to the totally vague guidelines ...I would think so.

one's "mover" could be
    A.something which moves
    B. something which moves some thing else
    C. something which changes it's residence often
    D. Something that ellicits an emotional response. "that animal is so pitiful I am moved to tears..."

and most creatures in the multiplicity of universes including the ones that we make up, fullfill at least one of those criteria. actually a harder topic would be a living creature that doesn't move ever.

heh..just thinking out loud here
    Chaos

Thanks
    Yep chaosrocks, I'm going for the B. category there.

Thanks
    a tree never moves and it lives Voila

Thanks
    a people person mover. for harsh/silty/swampy terrain. natural rocking movement is likened to sailing. i realized afterwards this idea was done in a design press book, but i'll just go along anyway...
    any crits are welcomed and appreciated.

totodon -

The totodon are a bizarre race of giant docile creature. They have limited intelligence and a high endurance for bleak conditions and environments. Their natural walking motion is fluid and smooth, creating a demand for the creatures as moving vessels across rough terrain. The are mainly bred in captivity, being trained from birth to carry heavy loads and swift stable movements. Commonly used for public transportation across deserts, the totodon are now becoming the royalties favorite cruising travel. Private ownership has risen, turning these creatures into premiere vacationing travel through desert and marshy terrain, with all the accomadations of home inside these giant travel structures.

Last edited by misledtomisery; May 13th, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    trees move all the time, just very slowly, or in the wind
    hah

crocks

Thanks
    Howabout a creature that doesn't move, but its habitat does, so it just appears to move? Optical illusions ftw.

Thanks
    you know, if you guys need some good topics once in a while, dont hesitate to ask

Thanks
    I'm thinking a "real Mover" . The speed or action of the movement gives my creature it's name. Hmmmmm...

What doesn't kill you makes you injured.

Thanks
    concept: mind AND body controlling insect that crawls on it's host and uses it to move to whereever it wants to.

Last edited by possessed; May 8th, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks

The concept: it lugs stones around and puts 'em on piles. Then it lugs some more stones around and puts them on another pile. All very mysterious and uninspired. But what the hey.

Description:

Movers
    Due to the harsh conditions on the surfaces of Rigel Alpha-XV-111684, very little research is possible on these fascinating creatures. The strangest phenomenon that typifies them is the stone moving, from which they derive their name. They'll carry heavy chunks of rock around for thousands of miles in order to place them on a pile of other stones, for hitherto unknown reasons. At first these piles have been thought to be remnants of a lost civilisation, but apparently they're all the work of dumb beasts. There are however voices being raised to send expeditions out to determine wether or not the Movers may be in fact an intelligent race.

Last edited by walnut; May 11th, 2006 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks
    my concept is a creature which moves this lame topic into the finally finished section ;P

OK ENOUGH HATING. Ill see wat i can get done

Thanks
    Concept: ants. Will scan WIP soon.

Thanks
    Ok heres my placeholder.

Queen and Colony
    This concept function in some ways along the lines of an ant colony and in some ways like a female lion. In this species of shore dwelling creatures there is one exceptionally large female who does the hunting for the entire colony of much smaller kin. These smaller kin build complex nests on the beach which house food stores and the all important eggs/young of the species. Most importantly the colony protects the young creature which will one day grow up to be a queen for some new colony.

Now for the moving part. Well the nest is built on the shore near the shallow water hunting grounds of the queen. This of course makes carrying food back to the young an easier task but presents a problem because of the incoming tide. However because of the queens large size and shovel like forearms she simply scoops up her colony and moves them further up shore like clockwork every time the tide starts to come in. The colony itself is fairly compact and sturdy but the materials its compose of would never hold up to the oceans power.

Thats about it. I already have some sketches and whatnot but theyre just in pencil so Ill wait till I crank out the linework.

Thanks
    count me in. {flagggggg planted}

Thanks
    My concepts nothing too crazy at all. I'm gonna do quite a predictable aesthetic to be totally honest. Just working on my technique.

Thanks
    You better guard that flag Guggen. I'm an expert at flag deplantation.

Thanks
    oh yeah?!? I'm the beowulf to yr grendel grackim

Thanks
    You wanna get hard core? Fine, you wanna know the truth? Beowulf was a pansy. Hrothgar should have sent him packing when he had the chance.

Thanks
    *update* ok done now...

Sertratus Giganticus

On the fringes of the Klatoo system lies the barren planet of Carst. Out of all the known worlds in the galaxy, Carst has the largest number of large land animals to date, and it is home to the second largest ever discovered; the Sertratus Giganticus, the first one being the Terra Carnificus of Bremor V.

Although the locals had used these huge beasts for millenia, the Federation was slow to realize how useful these creatures actually were. It was not until their trucks started breaking down from the unrelenting sandstorms that they realized that they needed an alternative means of transportation. They found it in the
    Giganticus.

The Giganticus weighs in at a hefty 150 tons, and can carry an equally astounding load of nearly 100 tons. it is perfectly at home in the desert, and though slow they are immune to the larger desert predators due to their sheer size.

and a couple details (actual size)

Last edited by Tyranx; May 13th, 2006 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks
    Tyranix. That rules. The texturing is my fav bit

Thanks

The Aardusdei, or Earth-gods, are massive anteater like creatures that survive by using incredible brute strength and battering ram tactics to tear apart insect mounds in their native deserts. Major characteristics of the species are an unusually powerful shoulder and leg musculature that allows a top ground speed of 30 mph and immense pushing power. Armored plates along the shoulders, neck and head indicate that ramming, especially with the two flanged plates on the forelegs, is the primary means of defense against predators. The first xenobiologists to do any major study found that the aardus are docile except during mating season, although they can be infuriatingly stubborn and single minded at times. for example, When two bulls get into a mating challenge, it is a head to head pushing competition much like a sumo match, and can last as long as five days before one or the other relents. Theories that they could be domesticated have proven mostly correct, and now the aardus are used as work and pack animals in several colonies, their ability to push or tow huge amounts of weight and burrow through hard materials making them perfect alternatives to bulldozers.

-Fuu

Last edited by fuuryoku; May 9th, 2006 at 01:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.