Sketchbook: Chupacabra's Sketchbook: By-By, CA - Page 54
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1768
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your forest sketch, it really communicates a lot with big shapes! I read the wolf as being her pet and just ahead of her in shadow, so maybe overlap his tail clearly over her so he is clearly in the foreground.

As for your hand, I've been recovering from an weightlift injury, and I've found the best thing is a physical therapist or someone like an osteopath who specializes in sports injury/RSI. You are absolutely right when you say "STOP" because you can really extend your recovery time if you do too much damage.

Tips to help aid recovery:
    (If it hurts immediately)
    Submerge entire forearm in icewater(mostly ice tho). You can use a sink, tub, or even a water pitcher will work. Consciously tell your hand to relax. Part of the body's response to pain is to tighten up the affected area, which further compounds the problem because it makes tearing of the tendon sheath more likely. Icing is a great natural anti-inflammation method, that also dulls a lot of pain, and squeezes out old blood, dead cells from the inflammed area.

Dip for 8-10 seconds, no more. Dry, wait a few minutes, dip again. You can do this as often as you want, but frostbite is a genuine concern here so don't go overboard. In the beginning, I was dipping several hours during the day, 10 times an hour. You can choose what time(s) of day work best for you.

A quick alternative is to just wrap an icecube in a towel, or icepak, or whatever, and run it up and down your arm. You'll feel everything kinda squeeezing and freezing. You want to stop when the skin turns slightly pink.

Something that's been working really great for me is combining heat with ice dipping. After I've dipped my arm and it's still cold, I run hot water over my forearm and wrist for about 20-30 seconds, taking breaks if it gets burning hot. Then, running back to the kitchen and doing another ice dip. Heat helps blood circulate and bring fresh oxygen/nutrients to the affected area.

Ideally, the icing should take care of most of the pain, then you can warm up the arm, and do some very, very, very light stretches. Arm out straight in front of you, bend back wrist gently, bend wrist down and back gently.

Eventually, you shouldn't have any pain when resting, however you may find it flaming up very quickly after you start to draw. In my experience, and working with my physical therapist, I have had to slowly rebuild the tendons using 1-2-3lb weights, icing if it hurts too much. My physical therapist spends about 30-40 minutes massaging the tendons, and breaking down scar tissue that has formed, and in the beginning it can be really painful, but eventually it just feels so much better. Even though your not hurting when resting, all it takes is a gentle prodding around your forearm, and you'll find areas that are still very very tender. These should be healed as well, so it's good you're seeing a doctor!

Hope this helped! I think I'm going to copy paste this, and start an official RSI thread.

Sketchbook Support Group
    Earendil Jussi Tarvainen Reidaj

~Hope~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Earendil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA MAGIC HANDS aN WICKED UPDATES NOW LETS SEE SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    100 hands... respect brother! I have been working on that kind of thing myself ... but 100 hands is yet to come. It will though! Inspired now

As for the little red riding hood image, I would give two bits of advice.
    1) even if only for a small part of the image, draw and define something... You can draw well, but your speed painting is lazy in the drawing side. It is very hard to switch modes sometimes from atmospheric speedy to defined drawing, but you need that to get focus. even if it is loose looking, take the time to get the proportion, placing and rythm of an area right and your brain will infer that information elsewhere.

2) have a look at this dvd: http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/185/
    I had a look at it recently and It really made a lot click in my head... its especially relevant in a forest as they are all about bounced light. (think of the planes on the side of that tree... you can show its volume by lighting it with some of the green from the floor etc etc)

Looking forward to seeing more
    Keep well man!
    K

"Go on man, FEED THE PAPER!!!" - Bjorn Hurri
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog (actually updated!)
    My Website
    My Sketchbook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sketchling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuuuuuuuck!
    kudos for the dedication man, great hands indeed!

hope all is well, and congrats for the awards recieved by your studios, really well deserved!

ciao!

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    mate what a lovely design in the female char under the hands!!!Great piece.
    Great studies aswell
    keep up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you have some amazing pieces in here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent work on the hands man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love lines of your lasts hands.....are they done on your computer or with a pencil?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to hear that you're still alive here; I've been away for a bit, but to come back and still see the amount of strength brought to this place, can't say I didn't miss it.

Amazing work, especially your environments have been an aspiration for me when I get into digital. Lovely body of work and I hope to continue seeing your work push the bounds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    100 hands! noice, kill those art demons!

Hoping you are getting better friend, then we can go for a serious sketch together! giz a shout if u fancy a beer in the new year.

All the best

Alex

PS: thanks again for the much needed ass kick in the summer, its a whole new world now!

Looking for work experience - let me show you what I can do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yeah man! those hands look great!

S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, you dominated those hands! Great work and way to tackle the trouble spots. Great to be here again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    I was so sick and tired of always getting in troubles with hands, I decided to do some practice.
    Draw 100 hands: DONE!
    Hey mate, hope your holidays went well!

It was quite nice to see this post with the hand studies. I can't draw hands.. or feet and I've tried to focus on this more as well. However, I'm having a hard time figuring how to show the hand in a simple manner. Should you have the time, if you've come across any helpful advice I'd be all ears, hands? Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha , the 100 hands allways works , I know i had the same problem , i was drawing a character and loosing lots of time on his hand , drawing erasing drawing erasing (this about 8 months ago) , and a took a step back an started drawing hands, drawing all day , about the same amount , but i guess i need to do 100 more now , just to be sure ^^.

Hands are as complex as the rest of the body , and it takes time and concentration to understand how they work

take care m8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Dawgz!

OmertA: Thanks Jamie, much appreciated!

krel: Thanks a lot, glad to hear that my crap actually inspires someone.

kischi: Hey, cheers. Yeah, I figured 100 is not enough. So I am on the new set already

cdejong: Much appreciated, sir!

Darkside: Hey dude, how's life? Nah, the last batch is from photo ref, that's why it looks better. Cheers.

davekang: Dave, Dave.. *blushes*.. Life is fine, thanks God! Yours?

Jesus Food: Ha, funny you say this 'cause I was working on the Harley at the time.. Thanks!

Earendil: Hey man, again, thanks a million for that. Really, really appreciate your advice.

Grandmassa Mr. Spect: Hey bud, here is some more of my filthy hands, hehe..

sketchling: Kim! Man.. That is so spot on. You defined my main problem and I have become aware of it lately. Mullins workshop was an eye opener as well as feedback from my gorilla-friends. Thank you for that. How are you doing down under?

TheGnoll: Hey Ryan! Thanks mate, much appreciated. Hope you and your love are well and fine.

kingkostas: Thanks bud, that was rather unusual drawing but I am glad you like it.

Krato: Thanks but I feel bad for the poor quality of my work. That is why I practice a lot in my spare time.

Quinn Simoes: Thanks matey, hope this set is a bit better.

dessinateurimpulsif: Hey, thanks! The last batch is done in Photoshop, hence the clean lines and anatomy

f1guremeout: Wow, now that is much more credits that I ever deserve. But thank you very much for warming my heart on this cold day in London

Ghostbrush: Alex, trust me, you knew that already, I just helped you make that decision. I am going to skiing and will be back in mid January, so I'll give you a buzz for a beer, ok?

Blue Severin: Hey pal, how are you? Thanks but those need improvement.

staticpen: Great to have you back again

aefx: Hey James, thanks a lot for nice words. I think you should just go and draw tons of them. There is not much to it appart from the fact that you need to start thinking about the underlaying construction at some point. But really, give it a go, mate!

Giorge: Hey Giorge, thanks for dropping by! Yeah, I also started a new set of hands, it takes more than 100

Ok,

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

I hope you had some quality time with good people around you. I know I had.
    December was mad, we received tons of awards for Batman Arkham Asylum and Blur made a trailer for our official sequel:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sp...n-arkham/59829

I was working hard, the RSI is slowly taking off and I'm off to skiing for a week on Friday.
    Here is some more hands I did and a painting done with helpful feedback from my fellows from Gorilla Artfare.

I hope you guys like it,

Khan

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kan Muftić For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely hands! Sweet painting, colours and brushstrokes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.... the hands studies simply blew me away...

The painting is lovely with the use of subtle colours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to go draw hands now. Beautiful painting, reminds me very much of Sargent and Craig Mullins! Great great great job.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ace of booty and man that dedication in those hands - I feel like a lazy bum now D:

hands in the air for you my friend, keep going and never stop (besides for any well deserved vacation and lezure time, can't die of heart failure and so).

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The painting of the lady is fantastic. Such masterful brushstrokes, I love it!
    Great job with the hands too, they're looking pretty solid with just the linework itself. Very inspiring to see such dedication.

Take care of your hands dear friend, there are many many more masterpieces yet to come Roundhouse kick that RSI!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great hand studies. The subtle shading really enhances the form.
    The painting is looking great too. Juicy.

Not really constructive but I can't think of any crit .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 941 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Very good work bro, love that last image, what master are we talking about, Mane?

M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the painting is KILLER. if it was a girl i'd sleep with it. overall your sketchbook is amazing, a huge source of inspiration to me.

five stars from me

http://www.fredrikrattzen.com

looking for freelance work & commissions!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, those hands !!! happy skiing man, batman rocked, must have been great working on it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa nice hands!And very nice art.(i heard from airage that u were a teacher in games academy berlin!snif! why not this year too?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The painting turned out beautifully my friend! Fantastic work on the hand studies too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update, I think I saw that painting on Sijun It looks great, and the hands are masterfully done. Congrats on the awards for the game dude.

Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

Do not Click DETONATE Do not Click

Deviantart page

Gotta sketchem all blog

Tumblr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nice update. I love looking through your sketchbook your just an amazing artist.
    Love the studies keep it up mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Kan,

Nice updates!! glad to hear your RSI's are getting better. Mine got worse unfortunately and I now have pain on both arms, but I'm getting new therapy and I'm hopeful that mine will be gone eventually as well. Glad to see you up and running and congrats on the awards, game was awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Khan, I've visited your sb many times drooling over the illustrations you create and wishing that I will be there one day.

It is wonderful to see a pro like you participate in the forums with the same love and passion as you do to your art. I don't really have anything to critique. Just wanted to leave a few words to tell you that I really like your style and your work.

It's awesome to see how you step back from your certainly hectic work schedule and do studies of hands to not let your skills get rusty.

All the best for the new year and have fun creating

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
    -Anonymous

Jussi Tarvainen

BLOG

Sketchbook

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 28