Why Vultures Follow Me !!!!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Its not a question mark its an exclamation, Im a lion spirit, this title could also be "When Lions Feed" but I spare that to some very impressive male sexiness, when the lions feed there is always enough leftovers for the scavangers....

Here is how far I was able to do with this image:

Unfortunately I dont have the original oilpainting anymore, so we just have to work on this "half assed" watercolour painting

I did this image like this (I think around year 2004?)

Here she is flipped, things are looking wrong :-[

The image in Photoshop using the free transform tool Ctrl+T or in Edit panel, when the image is appearing the triangle that its available for skewing I press Ctrl while moving only one corner and the other corners wont follow, try for yourself to know what I mean if this was not so clear

Time to flip back and see the difference, I want to compare it with the original unflipped one

Why Vultures Follow Me !!!!!Why Vultures Follow Me !!!!!

I then start to play with values as you can see Im not very good at it, but "heck" Im still learning, wish some handsome talented sweetheart darling puppy could come and help me :-*

Continue paintover and added frames and changed the white background colour to more natural

Why Vultures Follow Me !!!!!Why Vultures Follow Me !!!!!

Now anybody feels like speaking in tongues for me ?

look I dont know why I love you I just do
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not for me ta, Spacetoy's up for it after a few beers so I'm told though. I love your watercolours but so far the computer editing is detracting from cool original pieces. This is less evident here than on the earlier pirate image so youre making progress, but you might need to consider that the computer is not perhaps the ideal way of enhancing these images. Perhaps a second shot at the oil painting you mentioned?
    That said the face on the last one is improved.
    incidentally isnt she being followed by bats or owls asopposed to vultures?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should try looking at it in the mirror (in order to flip it) before you start the colors, wouldn't it be easier than fixing at the end?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by blexarady
    Not for me ta, Spacetoy's up for it after a few beers so I'm told though. I love your watercolours but so far the computer editing is detracting from cool original pieces. This is less evident here than on the earlier pirate image so youre making progress, but you might need to consider that the computer is not perhaps the ideal way of enhancing these images. Perhaps a second shot at the oil painting you mentioned?
    That said the face on the last one is improved.
    incidentally isnt she being followed by bats or owls asopposed to vultures?

Heeyyyy "old man" can I call you that ? Well I already did, dont hit me if you dont like it Im too fragile a person ... well I do like it sometimes but not by strangers who really are angry with me teeheheeeheee !!!

No no no, the plan is not here that what you see here is the final product, Im sorry if I didnt mention this earlier more clearly, what Im here running after is that I want to learn digitally how I could improve these images and THEN when Im satisfied with the digital retouching I will use it as a reference to repaint these images, perhaps even using oilcolours, cant say Im too excited about oilcolours though because of lack of space and such.... so Im more of a watercolour person, but with touch ups of acrylics so on

Well it doesnt really matter what is there in the picture, its more like selfpompous ego stroking sentence underlining her self contented facial expression and pose, Im running after with a mood that she is declaring herself to be so omnipotent if you know what I mean, teeheee !!!!

God I need eye lid surgery, I just saw myself from the mirror, well, after all Im 33 is this not the age that people start decaying more visible and should also start seriously considering all kind of surgeries, why because the skin is still quite flexible and will grow somewhat fast leaving normal results, so better have some facelifts now than wait till you are drooping all around and then try to patch things up OOHH GOOOD I CRACK MYSELF UP SOMETIMES AHHAHAHAAHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by qitsune
    I think you should try looking at it in the mirror (in order to flip it) before you start the colors, wouldn't it be easier than fixing at the end?

HEY! Thats another good practical idea, I cant really say Im the master of logics Im the most illogical nuisance brains you will ever meet in this world, a lot to bear ahhahhaaahhaaaa !!!!!!!!!!! Well hence I also consider learning I dont find it to bee too much trouble, u see here is probably another illogical thinking pattern, I get fixated I have to do it the HAARRRDD WAY sometimes...well never mind... but hey, the mirror as well, writes it down for herself....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Truckers Choice or ProPlus? No wait... lemme guess... Thyroxine?
    I honestly think the retouched images lack the vivid colours and lines that made the watercolours really interesting.
    If your keen on oils but dont like the mess (like everyone here) why not load up some of the more exotic brushes in PS and try to simulate the oil look, rather adding flat colour over the water colour?
    I like the originals though, theyre fun to look at.

Last edited by blexarady; May 4th, 2006 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I came accross such brushes somewhere in deviantart but cant remember at all anymore where were they !!!! Do you know of any place where to download these brushes yourself ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm no expert by any stretch (my £20 Aldi Weecom sketches are dead basic), I just use the defaults provided with Photoshop and a few I;ve tuned to work like Copic markers, but some of the guys here have absolutely gorgeous custom tools. Have a look at Sparths work for examples.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, now if I can just find it, but Im sure I will soon

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.