Thanks

Collective Storytelling

Let's see what happens with this idea I have had for awhile. I see there is a great creative spirit here in these threads, amazing artists from all over the world, young and old, tons of inspiration and support. My idea is to create something together - here.... an on going story, something that unravels itself. Feel free to add illustrations.

COLLECTIVE STORYTELLING
    Read the thread or just the last post and add a sentence or two to the story. Keep it short. We'll see where this goes, what we create as creators in this mysterious world called life.

So here goes nothing:

Once upon a time a young kid got lost in the woods.

~M

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    He was a sprite lad with flaming red hair and a freckled grin. He carried his disheveled,old teddybear wherever he went.
    "Is Japan in the future?" Rob ( Co-worker)
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " They are almost done tommorow and I haven't even started tommorow" Rob
    " They are called timezones Rob.."
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

- SSGXXXVI - The Dirty Thirty Six -
    Unknown Epiphany EKU_11 Jska Frumious_Me

Thanks
    The teddybear had patches and was the worst of wear but it was the lad's best companion. Purple trees around them were shedding their leaves.

Thanks
    Little did he knew, someone was following his every moves. Not from behind but with a spyglass from above.

Thanks
    "What do you think that little flash of light is, Jeremy?", the lad asked the bear as he caught a glimpse of a reflection from the spyglass.
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    As he squinted at the reflection, a few solitary purple leaves wafted down from the canopy above. He shrugged it off, probably a wood crows doing he wondered, and continued towards the mountains.

Thanks
    The woods kept growing darker and more sinister in nature. His breath was caught in his throat when he saw a great beast in front of him.
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

Thanks
    Frozen in his tracks, all he could do was gasp. The beast muttered to him...

Thanks
    "Oho little prince what brings you and your great companion to the heart of my woodland?" The resonant voice filled the boy's mind with images of aeons long past.
    Last edited by Helzon; May 6th, 2006 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks
    "Whhhh-why stories of riches and fame from the great bear in the valley" the boy stammered while trying to sound brave.
    "Wait.. What?" Me
    " Oh Yeah" Rob

Thanks
    "Great men have come here, to seek rich and fame. I did not let them through. Why should I let you and your teddybear into my home?" The beast said.

Thanks
    "My grandmother told me a word of passage, that i must give to the guardians of this forest." the boy replied, "Will this word suffice to let me pass?"

Thanks
    "Knowing the word is only the begining. Let me advise you, people died trying. Some from exhaustion but mostly from agonizing pain. There isn't enough paper on this decaying earth to write an accurate description"

The boy was seeing it. It was always this clear. The images were flowing in his mind even if he didnt knew what they meant. Ever since he could remember remembering, he was always able to have these crystal visions of the past even if they were centuries old.

Thanks
    I soft whisper came to the lad's ear. It was from Jeremy, though his little stitched mouth did not seem to move. "Fear not this monster's words. Great men may have failed in there quests, but remember, you are just a boy and not yet a great man."
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    The lad focussed, then looked straight into the eyes of the beast..."I am untainted by sin! My words are innocent and pure. Thus I carry greater strength than any man who has stood before me!"
    The beast's eyes opened wide...

Thanks
    ..and said to the boy. i have some candy in my pocket. if you stick your little hand in there you might feel it...

Thanks
    It then began to purr...what? “Purr?” Yes, it began to purr like a little affable kitten lost track of its bundle of joy, ironically. The lad hesitated with a response, but finally snapped, "Ay ye foul beast, I challenge ye to a battle of the rocks!" The beast gave a sardonic grin and smiled back as he let out a "Meow," in favour of the challenge from his oral cavity. "Ay, then let it begin thou tainted evil swine. I shall slash you in half like a lemon-potato on a tray and serve you to the warlord every dusk and sunrise." The beast countered a "Never shall a young hobbit like yourself defeat an immortal undefeated champion from the shadows of Eigengeil like me!" The lad made eye contact with a fearless grimace and slowly slid out his sword, which spoke of rough steel and contaminated blood as it clashed against it's leather coated cover..

edit: a small typo.
    commingsoon...
    Sketchbookrevived

Thanks
    The boy shook his head and gripped Jeremy tighter trying to disperse the intrusive visions of fancy. The beast regarded him with affable patience as though such things were commonplace.
    "Indeed your purity speaks of your bloodline, which holds great wisdom and power. Before you pass know that the great bear in the valley you seek has a dark sense of folly. His treasures come at a price. And all you may find there may not be as it seems." With that the great beast shifted it's enormous bulk and let the dapple light from above illumn a small footpath.

Thanks
    So small, it felt like it had been excavated to fit his tiny frame. After inhaling deeply, his fear slithy faded but it was still roaming in the back of his mind.

How could it all land on his shoulder? All this pressure, all this nearly unbearable pressure. He didnt ask for anything like this. Living a normal kid's life was all he was dreaming of but instead, he had to have this on his hands. This mess.

Thanks
    HERE IS THE ENTIRE PIECE SO FAR!

He was a sprite lad with flaming red hair and a freckled grin. He carried his disheveled,old teddybear wherever he went.

The teddybear had patches and was the worst of wear but it was the lad's best companion. Purple trees around them were shedding their leaves.

Little did he knew, someone was following his every moves. Not from behind but with a spyglass from above.

"What do you think that little flash of light is, Jeremy?", the lad asked the bear as he caught a glimpse of a reflection from the spyglass.

As he squinted at the reflection, a few solitary purple leaves wafted down from the canopy above. He shrugged it off, probably a wood crows doing he wondered, and continued towards the mountains.

The woods kept growing darker and more sinister in nature. His breath was caught in his throat when he saw a great beast in front of him.

"Oho little prince what brings you and your great companion to the heart of my woodland?" The resonant voice filled the boy's mind with images of aeons long past.

"Whhhh-why stories of riches and fame from the great bear in the valley" the boy stammered while trying to sound brave.

"Great men have come here, to seek rich and fame. I did not let them through. Why should I let you and your teddybear into my home?" The beast said.

"My grandmother told me a word of passage, that i must give to the guardians of this forest." the boy replied, "Will this word suffice to let me pass?"

"Knowing the word is only the begining. Let me advise you, people died trying. Some from exhaustion but mostly from agonizing pain. There isn't enough paper on this decaying earth to write an accurate description"

The boy was seeing it. It was always this clear. The images were flowing in his mind even if he didnt knew what they meant. Ever since he could remember remembering, he was always able to have these crystal visions of the past even if they were centuries old.

I soft whisper came to the lad's ear. It was from Jeremy, though his little stitched mouth did not seem to move. "Fear not this monster's words. Great men may have failed in there quests, but remember, you are just a boy and not yet a great man."

The lad focussed, then looked straight into the eyes of the beast..."I am untainted by sin! My words are innocent and pure. Thus I carry greater strength than any man who has stood before me!"

..and said to the boy. i have some candy in my pocket. if you stick your little hand in there you might feel it...

It then began to purr...what? “Purr?” Yes, it began to purr like a little affable kitten lost track of its bundle of joy, ironically. The lad hesitated with a response, but finally snapped, "Ay ye foul beast, I challenge ye to a battle of the rocks!" The beast gave a sardonic grin and smiled back as he let out a "Meow," in favour of the challenge from his oral cavity. "Ay, then let it begin thou tainted evil swine. I shall slash you in half like a lemon-potato on a tray and serve you to the warlord every dusk and sunrise." The beast countered a "Never shall a young hobbit like yourself defeat an immortal undefeated champion from the shadows of Eigengeil like me!" The lad made eye contact with a fearless grimace and slowly slid out his sword, which spoke of rough steel and contaminated blood as it clashed against it's leather coated cover..

The boy shook his head and gripped Jeremy tighter trying to disperse the intrusive visions of fancy. The beast regarded him with affable patience as though such things were commonplace.
    "Indeed your purity speaks of your bloodline, which holds great wisdom and power. Before you pass know that the great bear in the valley you seek has a dark sense of folly. His treasures come at a price. And all you may find there may not be as it seems." With that the great beast shifted it's enormous bulk and let the dapple light from above illumn a small footpath.

So small, it felt like it had been excavated to fit his tiny frame. After inhaling deeply, his fear slithy faded but it was still roaming in the back of his mind.

How could it all land on his shoulder? All this pressure, all this nearly unbearable pressure. He didnt ask for anything like this. Living a normal kid's life was all he was dreaming of but instead, he had to have this on his hands. This mess.

Just then an old man came from the darkest part of the woods and walked right up to the young boy, looked at the beast, at the little bear and back to the boy and asked, "Who are You, and Why are you Here?
    Last edited by markwagner; May 10th, 2006 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markwagner
    HERE IS THE ENTIRE PIECE SO FAR!

Just then an old man came from the darkest part of the woods and walked right up to the young boy, looked at the beast, at the little bear and back to the boy and asked, "Who are You, and Why are you Here?
    The boy then replied, with an anguished sense of fear, yet exhilaration, "I am Robin hood the sixth-point-two, sir! I come in peace, brotha.” With his modest shawl so green and erected, stiff-slanted arrows directed towards the old man, mantled on his cadaverous grin bow, he approached this dull, elderly figure standing utterly unarmed in the midst of the woods. Just then, a flash appeared in a distance of a yard or two. With a sudden glimpse, the little bear, the monster, the lad and the elderly man quickly focused on this bizarre entity. “What could it be?” the creatures and humans murmured to one another. At that moment the Hamster-pig appeared…
    commingsoon...
    Sketchbookrevived