Tear Me Apart nr 1.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tear Me Apart nr 1.

Hello girls and boys with talent and wisdom and vision more mature than I. I really need all of your help, in return you get.......well tell me what do you want in return, I quess we are all here for a reason so there is something you need yourself, right ?

I have decided to turn a new more serious leaf in my art career, I no more want to be a subtly trying things out, but I want to you know like -rolls up the leaves, spit on her palms, bites her teeths togeter and put her head in an angle of determination- take a bit of more warrioristic attitude.

That would mean to face with my mistakes, what is it that is wrong in my art really, I know lot of is but could you help me to pinpoint what they are, there must be something repetitive Im doing until someone will tell me, hey you keep on doing this one same mistake tha tI will then notices it myself.

IM posting each of the artworks on seperate threads and just want to you know dive into it, think of it like this that you are a lion and you have been starving for couple of weeks now wondering around looking for something and this image Im posting is the first antilope that you actually manage to get because its sleeping there so you want to eat everything to the bone and even lick the bones clean and shiny, what Im basicly saying is that crit anything ever so thoroughly as possible as long as it is constractive and nothing unreasonable you know ?

Okay here is my first poor lonely sleeping innocent antilope, ready for your thirsty hungry critical teeths, remember no mercy just a hunger HUUUNNGGEEERRRR !!!!!!!!!

The Golden Baby

Last edited by Egets; May 2nd, 2006 at 06:42 PM.
    look I dont know why I love you I just do
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I left a reply in the finished section, so I'll recap shortly

- Try to make some things a bit more defined, some of your works were getting a bit fuzzy
    - I'm not sure if it's lighting or what, but the lower half of 'golden baby' is pretty flat, and the chicka's face is a bit skewed.

My main idea was: Dabble a bit in realism. I'm not sure if you're a pro at realism and this is just your chosen style, or if this is all you can do.

I'd like to see what you can do with a mostly realistic (but somewhat stylistic) approach, where your proportions are a bit more normal.

Nice tits- err, I mean good job and happy painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried some shading and lightning contrasts, how does it look like now ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, world of difference there.

No new crits for that one, lookin' good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville
    Whoa, world of difference there.

No new crits for that one, lookin' good.
    Hey, Im beginning to realise that I have some skewed syndrome in almost all of my images, I notice it clearly when I flip them horizontally Its looking totally weird I tell you

Take a look at this:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now unskewed, unfortunately now loosing quite a pic area of the image

Then flipper back, cropped the black area... I think it went too much ????
    And look at the table !!!!!!!!!!!!! This image should be reworked entirely, but the good thing is that you can play with digitally and use it as reference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) What a bran new good idea is that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol! most of the times when i work digitaly (painting) i also flip my image time to time,
    even work on the flipped one then u can already fix it in the progress.
    Something i also discovered by my works not long ago.

Ur piece looks much better with these shadows added and the perspective
    fixed (ok the table is a bit weird hehe
    Is it partly pencil partly digital? Looks cool half to real traditional well done!
    No real crits from me realy, see u know enough now hehe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroArt
    Lol! most of the times when i work digitaly (painting) i also flip my image time to time,
    even work on the flipped one then u can already fix it in the progress.
    Something i also discovered by my works not long ago.

Ur piece looks much better with these shadows added and the perspective
    fixed (ok the table is a bit weird hehe
    Is it partly pencil partly digital? Looks cool half to real traditional well done!
    No real crits from me realy, see u know enough now hehe.
    What a quincidene then I mean that you are flipping them too, I also just discovered it recently hahaaaa !!!! Its weird how you can see the twistedness then more clearly and sometimes it can totally look different and perhaps more interesting too when you leave flipped and continue working from that one !!!!!

I also think that it looks better now with the shadows and also the perspective, Im now trying to think what kind of working routine should one have actually, some kind of quick watercolour sketch, scan it, then flip it etc start paintover and change colours and then make entirely new watercolour painting using the digital one for reference, not a bad idea at all is it ?

I did it first with pencil then watercolour but the fixings and paintovers of course now I did digitally with Photoshop

Hey please dont say I know, I only act like I know but its not always a good idea, there is so much I need help in various ways, cool that you can come and crit my work raawwks !!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol! Hey about the idea of scan it and then flip it, fix it and use THAT as reference, u can also hold it before a light (lamp) when ur still in the skecth faze haha. Then u also see it flipped and then u don't have to take that longer road every time Know what i try to say. That i do also sometimes, realy helps! Keep it up, and i will check ur stuff time to time, realy luv this style. And these girly chicks! haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroArt
    Lol! Hey about the idea of scan it and then flip it, fix it and use THAT as reference, u can also hold it before a light (lamp) when ur still in the skecth faze haha. Then u also see it flipped and then u don't have to take that longer road every time Know what i try to say. That i do also sometimes, realy helps! Keep it up, and i will check ur stuff time to time, realy luv this style. And these girly chicks! haha

heeeyy thats right !!! Hits her thyroxine deficient blurred brainy hen head, God Im so .... argh sometimes...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    but you cant do quick paintover studies that you can go back and forth fast and easily ???

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.