CHOW 23 - VOTING - Platformer

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Select Your Character...

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • cognitionsb

24 31.58%
  • Tuchten

16 21.05%
  • Lady_Medusa

0 0%
  • Erilaz

2 2.63%
  • Jakkas

22 28.95%
  • GennyWood

1 1.32%
  • Trev

4 5.26%
  • dariocoelho

7 9.21%
    Thanks

CHOW 23 - VOTING - Platformer

blick...click.. boinnng flap... tzzzumpiiie.... blip .... blipp...
    GAME OVER FOLKS!
    Lets see those heroes. A nice round overall.. some have forgotten about the most harmless enemy... but.. we're good to move forward.
    Thank you all for following the new rules - makes my life way easyer.
    If you are unhappy with the thumbs.. you can post that too.
    Now back to our game... ready.. set...

CLICK YOUR VOTE

Possessed Greg(continued from image story)

...After running riot, Possessed Greg was eventually captured and stored in a subterranean facility, bolted into a box inside a chest inside a sarcophogus. However, as the next Halloween approaches his powers grow stronger. Strong enough to break free of his shackles!

Now... As the player you must guide him to his birthplace, devouring souls along the way to increase your abilities.

As a character he's limited to human movement (walk, run, jump), simply because of the scarecrow vessel housing the demon. However, as a demon his connection with the 'other side' provides extra functions. Also, the demon is not restricted to any one form, growing stronger with the addition of more souls. He's essentially invulnerable, but you need to keep the scarecrow body habitable while heading towards the ultimate goal.

The farmer Tuchiro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an alternate japan 1740, a blind farmer namned Tuchiro lived a happy and quiet life on the Okinawa countryside. His grown up son Jaisho was a soldier in the shogun Domoichis service. Domoichi ruled the land with an ironhand and seemed to have no mercy. One day Jashio was ordered to kill a farmer for not paying his tax. Jaisho disobeyed, which was not taken lightly by his superiors. He was executed for treason and his body was sent home.

That night, when Tuchiro held his dead sons body, he made an oath. He would not rest until he had put an end to Domoichi and his dynasty. He would avenge his son.

Now. Tuchiro is not the ideal warrior. First off he´s a 75 year old farmer.. and he´s blind. But his devotion to his son and the oath that binds him, brings him great power. When the game begins you have only a sword and your sons armor. But as you fight your way from the countryside to the capital, you can obtain new weapons, martial art moves, armor and equipment.

Pannon

You start the game whit broken wings (since some mean human has tore them appart for fun) and no skills, but later in the game you will regain the ability to fly for a short period of time and learn various spells. The thing he got in is hand is a bread crumble.

JAAP is a dragon-like character. He has a magical and technical equipment to fight with enemies. He has a long telescopic stick to jump over the precipices and a first aid kit to heal the wounds.

Molly
    Phew!

O k - Molly works as a mechanic fixing robots, and in her spare time invents cool gadgets. In this world everyday household items are robots - things like toasters, washing machines, microwaves etc.

However - suddenly alot of robots have got thier wires crossed - literally - and are causing mischief. Its up to Molly to fix them and find out the cause.

I focused on the main aspect of any platform game - jumping.

Molly has a pair of spring loaded boots that allower her to leap over enemies and obstacles, the longer you hold the trigger button the more powerful the jump - the tilt of the analog stick determines how far or high, so timing and accuracy are key: especially when avoiding some of the BIG robots.

She can also scale great heights by kicking off one wall to another, as well as backflipping out of harms way.

Her main weapon is a big wrench - useful for twatting unruly robots! It can also be used as a hook so that she can latch onto wires and cables and use them as a zip line.

I also had an idea for a magnet gun that would temproarily stun enemies by scrambeling thier circuits and allower her to 'fix' them - letting her use the robot as a sidekick + whatever abilities it has.

The Roaster Toaster is a toaster gone bad - its quite small and weak but it will ping slices of flaming death at you untill its taken out (by a big wrench to the noggin ). The thickness of the smoke indicates when its going to fire - which it does by tilting its head down in the direction of the player.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Good job everybody,
    Had to go with Trev because of the good design and concept...
    Cognition was a very close second.

Thanks
    Voted for Cognitionsb. Ive always liked it when the protagonist is something not so obviously the good guy.

Thanks
    so many good omes this time, it was very close between Cognition.sb, tuchten and trev for me. had to go with trev though becaue it brought back memories of being forced to play "non-violent" viedogames as a kid. I also liked the inclusion of an enemy. well done to all who participated.

Thanks
    I was torn up between Tuchten and Jakkas. I had to Voted for Jakkas. Tuchten's character was appealing but I'm not sure how a blind 75 year old man can learn that many new tricks if he hadn't already honed his skills while he was young. Even if he's devoted and such.

There's nothing better than dinner and CSI.
    Latest Showcase
    Noi's Sketched Up Creations
    3thumbsup

Thanks
    Tuchten and CongnitionSB were great entries, but I had to go with Jakkas in the end. JAAP just looks fun to play, and I imagine him being in a really cool world with some great enemies to fight. Nice presentation too.

Thanks
    Voted for cognitionsb. The render here is really interesting, though I think it could be a little clearer. The concept, however, is strong. Very unusual character.

Thanks
    as many others before i voted for cognition.
    i just love that creepy style you put in, beside the fact that it was kinda hard for me to figure out what the first enemy is supposed to be.
    jakkas would definetly deserve the trophy imho, but in this case im blended by my own taste.

just too sad i couldnt finish my entry til the deadline...

Thanks
    Thanks for the votes and comments, guys.

I went with Tuchten - that's a character I'd like to play. I'm a big fan of melee-based heroes and jumpin around doing crazy martial arts moves (especially when the doctor would advise not to).

Jakkas, good to see you outside the COW arena
    Nice work as par usual.

dariocoelho - the first enemy's just a guard dog. I probably didn't make it clear enough
    The orange thing is the demon in Greg, and it's shown eating the dog's soul (as it leaps to attack him).
    Shame you didn't finish yours, it looks like an interesting idea.

Thanks
    Voted Jakkas. I like the character and the equipment.
    Close sec was cognition.sb

cheers R3M

"FAIL, FAIL AGAIN, FAIL BETTER"

Thanks
    v - dario

Walkin' with the air of four seasons and an oxygen tank.

Website

Facebook

DeviantArt

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    My vote went for JakkaS
    Tuchiro- I really like the story behind. And I like your rendering a lot, but it doesn't really make me think platform. More like a great sneaky stealth game or action game, in my opinion.

Erilaz- I like your entry acctually, It's simple and gives me the impression of a happy-ish, but gloomy enviroment. Looks like the type of game I'd play for hours if the controls were easy to memorize

JakkaS- Nice nice~ I like . I really like the weapons too. Another game I'd probably play for hours and hours

Thanks
    Hey, thx for votes and comments.

I already voted for cognition.sb - beautiful presentation and the character too.

Thanks
    voted for Cognition.sb. very cool concept; creepy. Love it.

Jakkas comes a very close second. Very close.

Altogether, very impressive work.

Thanks
    Cognition.sb.

Thanks
    tuchten got my vote.
    The overall style and look of the pic won me over, guess nostalgia had a bit to do with it aswell.

Jakkas, Yours really looks like a gremling, was it intentional?

My Sketchbook
    "Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind, the race is long, and in the end, it’s only against yourself."
    Photoshop color picker | Adjusting tablet sensitivity: Manually or Utility

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingmerth
    Jakkas, Yours really looks like a gremling, was it intentional?
    ...NOP.

Thx to everyone for comments and votes.

Cognition.sb - I am close behind you ...but i hope you will win. Your entry is more ...charismatic.

Thanks
    hah, thanks Jakkas It's hard to compete against talented artists like yourself. Look at all those COW stars! But even if it doesn't win this is my best result yet (woohoo!).

Thanks again for the votes, guys.

Thanks
    congratulations cognition.sb

Members who have read this thread: 1