Thanks

Question Integrating my Art course work with concept art?

Hi my name is Amidamarox and I need help integrating my Art course work with concept art. My project it about London in general and I want to add a bit of what Iím going to be doing in the future into it to make my portfolio look better. Does any one have any ideas whatsoever as to what I could do? Oh and if anyone know of any good game company in London.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm doing something similar with my A level course, im sorta sneeking in character designs as 'metaphors of modern society'.

*teeheehee*

But really, portfolio wise, if you want to include concept art, why not just do some outright. I included a lot of non school work in my art college portfolio, mostly sketchbooks of heads and anatomy that I'm doing just to improve, plus the odd robot and futuristic soldier. All I can really suggest work wise you do is just get cracking in your spare time.
    Last edited by lysander; May 2nd, 2006 at 05:36 AM.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the pointers and Iíll take every thing you just said into consideration.

Thanks
    Hell man thatís ALL my art coursework is about lately!

for example, for my A level course we had to write about 'what art movements inspired you and how it relates to your own work' I basically just wrote a 20 page essay on concept art and illustration using examples and quotes from Marko Djurdjevic, Wes9000 (I think thatís his username but I am prob wrong) Jason Manley, DS illustration and loads more.

In my current course work I have to write about objects and objectivity in relation to self portraits and portraiture so for some of it im studying Andrew Jones (android), its important for me personally to incorporate concept art and illustration into my work or else I know im just gonna find it really hard to be inspired to complete it.

for ur GCSE's it depends how far you are allowed to take the London theme, I mean if your allowed to go anywhere with it I suppose you could easily fit in drawings of famous London buildings and Landscapes, giving you good perspective practice for environments, or different characters of different places in London could help with character design? for example design the average person you would find in Camden town (think heavy metal punk, stud up his nose the size of a golf ball and bright purple spikes pierced to his nipples) and then compare it to sum1 in Liverpool street (business man, suit, tie etc) but again it all depends on how far your art teacher lets you go with it, make sure u find the parameters of the course work and donít stray too far from them.

sorry for the waffle

Thanks
    CA puts the A* in Art GCSE coursework, lol! Its helped me out so much! (sp?), I wouldn't have known about anything if it wasn't for this site, just bust out a few master study pencil renderings, and sps, and BAM! you've got full marks for the practical side of the project, (with a whole lot of anotation of course) I've included coro, wes and marko in my projects aswell, heeeeeheeeee,

Oh and look at some of the stuff Aleksi does, some of the zombie stuff is like that shit from '28 days later' (film, set in London). He integrates his own photos into his work with chaeracter designs, a possibility?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blog
    CA puts the A* in Art GCSE coursework, lol! Its helped me out so much! (sp?), I wouldn't have known about anything if it wasn't for this site, just bust out a few master study pencil renderings, and sps, and BAM! you've got full marks for the practical side of the project, (with a whole lot of anotation of course) I've included coro, wes and marko in my projects aswell, heeeeeheeeee,
    hahaha same here, i got a bit of linda berkgvist and antifan in my gcse project 2 years ago, its a bit of marko and wes this year for A levels
    this place really gets you ahead of everybody else

Thanks
    I always kept my Art Course work and personal work seperate, I found life a whole lot easier that way.

In theroy, A Level Art should be based around your own intrests and so it might seem like a good idea to bring concept art into your school work. But (and this may just be my own experience) looking at a subject matter other than concept art may prove to be just as valuble, if not more.

Looking into a different area of art will give you a larger scale of understanding, and you can draw on your teachers knowledge as well (i've yet to meet a teacher who really knows what concept art is about). Trying to bring a subject into your work thats related in an obscure way can make things very messy.

If your portfolio is going to be used to enter univeristy, you can slip in the best of your personal work along with your course work, as well as take in your own sketchbook. Then you can still show where your personal intrests lie. The work you show an interviewer does not have to be directly related to the course you want to do. As long as you can show that you have keen intrest and that you know what its about, you should be find.

If its for use to gain employment, well, im out of ideas .

In any case, ask a teacher for their input and assistance. They (should) always know best . Hope i've helped a bit.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Cool, thats cool.