Thread: Stephen Colbert

Thanks

Stephen Colbert

Screw show-and-tell and toastmasters, if any one's gonna learn about maintaining composure and public speaking, they should learn from this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
    "I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things, like aircraft carriers, rubble and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message that no matter what happens to America she will always rebound with the most powerfully staged photo ops in the world!"
    The dude was maybe like, 2 feet away from him, and speaking right to his face.

video-1
    video-2

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I love the Colbert Report. It's part of the small late night television block late prevents me from getting any sleep before work:

Daily Show With Jon Stewart
    Colbert Report
    Project Runway
    Third Watch

And then it's time to leave for work
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Man, that was too good! Thanks for posting that JERI.

Stephen Colbert is comic genius. I can't believe they asked him to speak at that thing. The man has nerves steel and balls of, um... steelier steel.

Thanks
    I think I'm one of like ten people in Texas that laughed at that. Bush has still got like a 98% approval rating here...at least thats what my gut tells me

Thanks
    I thought it was hilarious how the funniest most politically charged parts got the least laughs from the crowd.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfacto
    I thought it was hilarious how the funniest most politically charged parts got the least laughs from the crowd.
    When they panned out to the crowd it seemed to me that there were two types of people. Those who just werent pleased in the slightest... and those who were quietly sniggering, trying to stop from bursting out laughing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfacto
    I think some people were just afraid to laugh, but went home and chatted about him for hours, lol.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    Colbert met Bush? when was this and where on the internet can I see the video?
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo
    Colbert met Bush? when was this and where on the internet can I see the video?
    click on video 1 and video two links on the bottom of Jeri's first post.

Thanks
    Colbert is the man. I love the Colbert Report and the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. How can you not enjoy their sarcasm and satire... I mean really. Smart guys. Smart comedy, great stuff
    My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    click on video 1 and video two links on the bottom of Jeri's first post
    oh yeah, I must be blind! Wow, the bit at the end was pretty strange, but the speach was amazing. I kept waiting for somebody to string him up.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance
    I think I'm one of like ten people in Texas that laughed at that. Bush has still got like a 98% approval rating here...at least thats what my gut tells me
    I too live in the land of Bush bumper stickers, But I am definately number 2 of that 10. I can't see how even a fan of our current administration could get through that without at least a stifled grin. Very impressive Colbert!

Thanks
    Stephen Colbert carries his balls in a wheelbarrow.

Someone will probably find his body later next month after his apparent suicide.

Thanks
    I think he has funny moments but some days he just kinda goes a bit /too/ far for me in a "yeah...I went there..oooo" kinda way. Him and Carlos Mencia. Ugh. Hate that guy.
    My Sketchbook
    Contact e-mail: necronomicouch@gmail.com

"Every bullet left in my gun at the end of the day is a waste of the taxpayer's money" - Deputy T. Junior (Reno 911)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    OMG!
    stephen colbert has GUTS!

"I believe democracy is our greatest export. At least until China figures out a way to stamp it out in plastic for three cents a unit. In fact, ambassador, welcome, your great country makes our happy meals possible."

"Mayor Nagin is here from New Orleans, the chocolate city. Yeah, give it up. Mayor Nagin, I would like to welcome you to Washington, D.C., The chocolate city with a marshmallow center."
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    "Mayor Nagin is here from New Orleans, the chocolate city. Yeah, give it up. Mayor Nagin, I would like to welcome you to Washington, D.C., The chocolate city with a marshmallow center."
    at "chocolate city", I made an audible "h-whaaaaaaa?!?!"

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo
    at "chocolate city", I made an audible "h-whaaaaaaa?!?!"
    It's not so shocking considering that he's satirizing a quote made by Nagin himself during a press conference. Something along the lines of, "This city is made of chocolate, and we're going to rebuild it with chocolate." It was pretty bizarre hearing a mayor refer to his people like that.

Oh yeah, and Stephen Colbert is my hero. I rarely watch tv, with the exception of him and the Daily Show. I didn't believe he was actually asked to host that White House press dinner until I saw the video myself. And when I did see it, I laughed the hardest I have in a long time.

Thanks
    Help reduce the bear population... set forest fires

(colbert is deathly afraid of bears).

i've been a big fan since he did the voice of Phil Ken Sebben, Mentok the Mindtaker, and Reducto on Harvey Birdman

Thanks
    "Reality has a liberal bias..." haha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Void24
    I too live in the land of Bush bumper stickers, But I am definately number 2 of that 10. I can't see how even a fan of our current administration could get through that without at least a stifled grin. Very impressive Colbert!
    U guys need to get out of North Texas, Austin is land of the anti-Bush bumper stickers.

Thanks
    The best/worst/best part is that Colbert rammed through more honest critique, and real observation in 20 minutes than the entire mainstream media has in 5 years.. and he did it right in front of the President's bewildered, purse-lipped face. Bush is so myopically focused on his own version of reality, and so sheltered and padded from direct criticism, it was good to see something finally penetrate. Even better was that this was irony and satire, not the direct, pundit-centric attack that Washington is normally used to, that struck the blows.

According to reports, Laura Bush did not shake Colbert’s hand after the dinner.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    oh man, this is pure gold!

Colbert is a true hero. I really am not surprised he took this opportunity to do just what he did.... awesome.