Seeking Guidance

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Seeking Guidance

*steps in tentatively* *clears throat*

Hello all. I am new here, am very young and am far from being a professional artist. I come in search of guidence, critique, and help in taking my art to the next level. One day, I hope to be a designer for video games, and illustrate for books. I hope, those of you here will help me get to where I want to be. That out of the way...

Seeking Guidance

This is meant to be the precurser to a painting, though before I begin I wish to recieve feedback on the architecture. This was my first time really drawing buildings, so I ask for guidance.

Seeking Guidance

Speed painting of a Fresian on Open Canvas, using reference. I realize that it is not fully blended, since I was merely looking for practice on horses.

All comments and critiques greatly appreciated. Thankyou for your time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice ideas man! i wouldn't worry much about building here, I'd rather focus on character design & development (the whole area: i mean, anatomy, poses, proportion, lighting & such). The characters will be the important parts of you're piece (at least in that one). On the horse, I'm loving it... maybe if you made the background more earth colors (like light yellow), more neutral (a wall for example) it will help the piece a bit.. cause the light blue light isn't working well.

For more guidance, I suggest you start you're very own SKETCHBOOK thread, in the SKETCHBOOK section of the foruns, & maybe you can join a SSG (sketchbook support group). If you are lucky, you'll join a group wich will encourage & tell you honest crits about your stuff. You would also need to post on their work too. Post in this thread if you want to look a SSG to join: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...4&page=1&pp=60

Overall, you have to the right forums for help. CA.org is just kick ass... just remember to keep posting regularly!

greetings!
    GRiNGoLoCo

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh dear...I've responded to this twice now and both times my comment has been lost.

Thankyou both for the insightful tips, I'll definatly keep them in mind and get a scrap book going. I hope to see you both around and I'm sorry for not respoding better. I really don't have the time right now to retype my last two comments again.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.