Art: Washington DC pictures from a Year ago

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Washington DC pictures from a Year ago

Hello! I've seen a lot of great talent here and hopefully I'll get to some of your guys level.

Well the last time I took pictures was about a year or two ago (busy with school -_-, lame excuse I know). Well, I'm looking to get back into photography so I thought I post something I shot at DC a year ago for you guys to critique. What are the mistakes I made in this picture? If not any, is the picture any good?

World war 2 memorial

World War 2 Memorial again.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its nice that you are trying to capture things from a slightly unusual angle, for me, thats what photography should be, something that gains your interest. But, for me, this angle is too extreme, and leaves me trying to figure out what it is a little too long. Its nicely lit, and well exposed, though.

Oh the second just loaded for me. I like this one a lot, a nice strong curving line takes my eye through the whole picture. a couple of steps back and you would have got the top left corner, which would make the composition a little better IMO. But good shot!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i would like to see a little more work before i made up my mind to be honast, i agrey with the post above the second image is a lot nicer although i would of taken a couple of steps back, good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I really love extreme angles, just sometimes I use it so much where people don't really know what I just shot haha. I got the same response from a lot of my friends about the first one, saying that they couldn't figure out what i shot.

For the second picture, I'm not even sure why I cropped the corner -_-. I had a better picture of it with the whole piece in the frame but shot on the other side, but i can't seem to find it.

I'll try to upload more when I find the time. Thanks again for your guys feedback.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.