Sketchbook: Pix's sketch book

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Pix's sketch book

Hi all, Ive been looking on this board for quite a while on and off. I don't draw much at all but I want to, and I should do. But I need some motivation and something for me to keep updating and keep me going and get in a routine, So I thought this would be a good way to start .

This is all I have drawn really in about 5 months. So this is basically me not practicing just picking up a pencil so there not to good but I know I can get better.

A apple I started with my wacom I bought which I ain't used much , did from the photoshop thread, but again.... never finished.

At the moment im working part time to get money and what im wanting to do is draw , draw some more and draw again, Build up a portfolio and then go for jobs or a scholarship or something. Obviously I know it takes time and alot of effort, Which is why im trying to get my self going doing this thread. Some advice would be good if any one feels like giving some time.

Im 18 from england. Erm Yeah......

LOOK FURTHER DOWN : edit

Last edited by pix-uk; June 8th, 2006 at 06:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    the apple turned out nice. i think the best thing you can do to improve is draw from life - still lifes, self portraits, people. i know you said you want to get better at quick sketching, but as your general drawing ability improves you will get quicker.

keep posting and ill check back later

Thanks
    What OGL said, looks like a nice start. I trust that since you've lurked a bit you've learned the danger of falling into a 'style'? There are pros and cons, but for the time being, I think the pros far outweigh the cons.

Do lots of life drawing!!! Try your hand at least ONCE a day. At least. At most.... do however many.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oven g love
    the apple turned out nice. i think the best thing you can do to improve is draw from life - still lifes, self portraits, people. i know you said you want to get better at quick sketching, but as your general drawing ability improves you will get quicker.

keep posting and ill check back later
    Ok thanks, Is it best to straight draw from life, or draw from how other people draw things then take bits from how other people do things?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixeldragoon
    What OGL said, looks like a nice start. I trust that since you've lurked a bit you've learned the danger of falling into a 'style'? There are pros and cons, but for the time being, I think the pros far outweigh the cons.

Do lots of life drawing!!! Try your hand at least ONCE a day. At least. At most.... do however many.
    Yeah its what I need to do, I'll sit at work telling myself to draw tomorrow, But I like to play games, specially eve online....damn games.....

I am wanting to go down the traditional route before I use my wacom to much, would most people agree with that or not? Seems daft now as I bought it to be pure digital, but now I want to be the opposite.

Last edited by pix-uk; April 24th, 2006 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks
    Sorry for double post but:

What is a good scanner to get for roughly £150? Or thats around $225-250.

Thanks will update this in couple of hours!

Thanks
    Yes life drawing is the best thing for you, i would strongly reccommend life drawing. Glad you're posting again nice ears they can be a pain.

Thanks
    Keep going down

Last edited by pix-uk; June 8th, 2006 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    nice sketchbook! I like the anatomy studies, and your brothers portrait is really great
    keep it up

Thanks
    Down still

Last edited by pix-uk; June 8th, 2006 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    BIG UPDATE

I bought a scanner , So I will post stuff on this daily again. Alot of it is the old stuff but re-posted

Ok this is a Newletter I helped to do for my mum, The front page took about 2 hours playing about the other pages took a hour to do them all. A quick job.

Thanks
    Little sketch nothing much..

Thanks
    Thought I would try and add some colour to the one above. Only done the head but I don't think its turning out to bad.

Crits are welcome as they are the onyl way to get better.

Thanks
    For doing the above whats the best program to use? Using photoshop atm, But I know some one on here uses Flash.

Thanks
    Another sketch done today, Because of world cup ain't done much drawing but did this quickly, I know its all abit off might do it again tomorrow.

...and I quickly blocked in the one above, Got full day to my self tomorrow so I might finish it or full colour another maybe or more sketches..hmmmmmmm

Thanks
    Todays doodle! I like how the faces came out even though the first one could have been abit longer!. The rest not to good though. But practice makes perfect!

Last edited by pix-uk; June 11th, 2006 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    Ok I nearly finished the one above need to finish off the spear.

Thanks
    The coloured old martial arts master I like the most, but something might be fishy about the that serrated muscle and how it attached to the ribs.

Will appreciate critique anywhere, anytime .
    My Ramblings

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddo
    The coloured old martial arts master I like the most, but something might be fishy about the that serrated muscle and how it attached to the ribs.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I thought that but didn't know how else to do it. Maybe take away the black and use just the darker shade maybe. A job for after work!

Thanks

Not a very good one but thought I should post something, Had a blackout because of thunderstorm and they give me headaches for some reason so didn't do much because when ever I concentrated it hurt so just doodled a little.

Thanks
    nice stuff going on here, keep studying! It would be good to see more stuff from life, it will help your imagination drawings emensly in the end. keep it up!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archipelago
    nice stuff going on here, keep studying! It would be good to see more stuff from life, it will help your imagination drawings emensly in the end. keep it up!
    Yeah im trying to, This last week ive been drawing alot more and since I got my scanner and I can post on here alot easier im drawing more but I need to draw more!

I wish there was a life drawing class or night class near were I live but there isn't to my knowledge its all drawing pots etc which I don't really like.

Doodling from a comic atm, Might go take soem photo's off people and draw them. Thanks for the reply bud.

Thanks
    Some more doodles while watching football.

^^^ g/f on the left. Only life drawing but found it alot easier then from a photo or drawing from a comic etc.

Thanks
    Wow, great work here! I especially like this one: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2053/picture0335em.jpg

It's so cool! Your realistic art is also very nice!

Thanks
    Thanks Ruben. I will post some more after work today, Should be finishing early so unless the g/f wants to go into town ill do some drawing.

Thanks
    Ok another quick one. Bit disapointed I haven't been able to do anything other then doodles, Should be able to next week as more staff on at work so I won't have to do 2 people's jobs.

Thanks
    Been ill over the weekend so didn't get anything done, Just doodled for abit today though will do more later I think.

Yeah I know some of the fingers are abit off.

Thanks
    Ok g/f was doing her art home work so I started to draw some guy from "corrie" ( UK soap ) ain't no were near finished spent about 20 minutes on it maybe less not sure really.

Thanks
    Hey again, With working alot and being quite lazy I haven't done much so I haven't learnt anything which im quite annoyed about but its my own fault, but im going to college when new term starts so thats not to bad should do something then . Anyway some doodles.....

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.