Thanks

God of War 2 FULL trailer!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...10179&type=wmv

wow. i even popped a boner when i saw this.

im gonna watch that again.

those new to the God of War games, just think the most badass character ever created in a videogame, and then pump him full of steroids.
    "Is there a way I can take my pants off?..." - Snake from MGS3: SE

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow. Now that's a brutal game. Makes me wish i had the money and the reflexes to play video games. My favorite bit was were he just pulls out that cyclop's eye. I mean WTF?

Thanks
    loved that last part. intense stuff in this new game!

Thanks
    wowza!!!!!!!!
    ...Dormant Walker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I just can't wait to randomly mash all the joypad buttons and perform that long scripted rip-out-eye attack on every single cloned lotr swiped troll in the game!!!1

Then when the skeletons come I'm gonna think like, which attack worked last time? It was some of the top buttons then I'm gonna press all the top buttons repeatedly until all skeletons are dead! DEAD you hear me!? I'm gonna kill all the skeletons with the top buttons until they're all dead!!!
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    That game looks utterly boring

Thanks
    YAY BLOODFEST Can't wait.

Aether - are you saying that because you truthfully think so, or you want to sound different than everyone else that likes videogames? Don't tell me swiping an ogre with a hand knife across the chest (like cardswiping between the breasts), then pulling out his eye with a fricken crazy-ass jump.

fwlal;djkjawldjljwkd wow
    TREVOR HENRY ARTIST, PHOTOGRAPHER AND WEB DESIGNER

Mediasoldier | Trevor Henry Photoblog | Lowopacity

Thanks
    Looks awsome. THe animation is looking really rad, the cyclopse death scene was the best. I don't remember random button smashing in the first one, I was always in control of what was going on, and there was a huge list of attack moves that u upgraded over time.

Thanks
    while I find the gameplay and specific level of unique scripting in this game series fun, it has also come to epitomize for me the most base McFarlane-style "black, lots of spikes, and on fire" type of art direction that the industry loves to fester in so much. Its still surprises me how many people simply dont find the visuals to be offensive in this. Even those people within the industry who I have talked to that I would expect to notice before the average gamer... just dont see it.

OK, call me an elitist, but my general idea of greco-Roman aesthetic comes from a greco-Roman aesthetic (*sniff sniff* sarcasm?). Cause im in a ranty mood (and i realize i rarely ever post anything very happy in this forum..) heres what sticks out to me:

Ares God of War:

makes me think of:

not...

and this:

looks more like:

than:

Finally, the main character. I means, he just looks REALLY stupid right?

seems like ive seen his somewhere before.....

why not have him look like:

I guess my point is that I find it really difficult to get into this game because there is really no consistency in it's direction. Its like someone in the company took the idea home to their angsty teen son and said, "hey boy, design me some characters!" What really gets me is that there is a really fun game to be played underneath all this stuff I have problems with. . . . but I will never be able to get past that.

On a side note, at least the Gryphon in this trailer looks good.

Thanks
    cool...looks like a brutal mix between SoulReaver and Prince of Persia but it pretends to be set in ancient Greece ? it could be set in Kualalumpur or the Mars and no one would notice ^^ but i like the speed and and the soundtrack of it...hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    I have to say that I'm in the same boat as Oracrest is, when it comes to God of War -------- I was just so offended by its sophomoric art, the game feels as if your playing the uninspired day-dream of some 13 year-old bored in history class - as he doodles some bald stick-figure tearing unrecognizable beasts limb from limb...
    And i don't mean to Troll the game, since I did enjoy it, but it's presentation is representative of just about every prejudice that the outside public would hold against the videogames industry.

Maybe it's just my desire to play some massively epic Greek Mythological game, set to a more researched and traditional depiction (exactly as Oracrest's examples) based on the historical art that's just itching to be manifested into a tasteful game.
    I gave up on the first game 6 hours in, when i finally realized that the giant LotR trolls were SUPPOSED to be Cyclops ...........
    The game really feels as if you're fighting against action-figures....

And why did the gods have to glow neon? ... one of the coolest things about Mythological gods was that mortal man was a projection of them, and they were extremely similar --- that's why cultures were able to respect them so much, since they could relate to their flawed and majestic gods.

....... whew and don't get me started on Kratos.... man .... nothin' says "design by committee" like that man.... (and I realize he and the game are very successful, based on their casual look --- I can respect that, i just selfishly want a *REAL* mythological experience)
    I can just picture the day Kratos was created, and he walked past the committe:
    -----------------------
    OK..... since I went ahead and got the BMPP (brooding mysterious past package) I should start thinking about my weapon........
    Man, all these authentic Greek weapons are so damn BORING .... hey look over there, weapons that have absolutely NOTHING to do with Greek Mythology!

Hey Ivy ---- how's those chain link blades treatin' you? I think I'll grab something from the same rack, go ahead and fuse the sucker to my forearm CUZ I'M THAT BADDASS!

Man, screw this mo-hawkish helmet - i look like a damn Red ... can i just go with bald? People like wrestlers right? Go ahead and extend the width of my jaws out past my ears while you're at it....

It does suck that I have this completely irrelevant Tattoo left-over from college ... i can't get rid of that .... but I do have one eye that's left open! HELL, put a huge SCARRR over that badboy!!
    ---------------

I'll give GoWII a rent and see how it goes... :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy
    I have to say. . . .
    HAHA, is bitterness contagious?

I think we should both go to a chuck e Cheeses this weekend!

Thanks
    I dunno if they were trying to give anyone a history lesson with the game (don't remember any robot mintaurs from school). I think they were just trying to make a fun game, and they did. I did think the Aries design was extremely lame however, and was disappointed when I figured he would be the last boss.

Thanks
    i suppose this game isnt for people who whine about the historical inaccuracies...

if you don't like the game, then stay away!

this game is supposed to be a mindless hack and slash!! not a history lesson!