Thanks

I just don't get it.

So, a bit ago my girl stops at a gas station and upon entering the store she finds a couple of customers standing around the cashier, who is crying. After asking if everything is ok, my girl finds out the cashier is in labor and is only 6 months in.

Apparently, after her water broke, she called the manager and told him she was in labor- his response was that he was busy and couldn't make it in to relieve her. So she continued to do her job, crying. After realizing the problem and hearing the situation my girl and these 2 other shoppers called an ambulance and shut the store down.

Now, the fun part. People continued to try and go inside the store (where the 2 guys were guarding) and actually got pissed to find it locked- even after the explanation that the cashier was in labor. . . I'm talking angry and fucked off that this woman was having a baby and inconvenience to their lives. My girl flagged down a cop, who called in the problem and secured the site- but he actually had to call for other cops to get the people to calm down and leave.

What is wrong with this situation?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Some people are heartless.

I was with an old girlfriend on a road trip. We stopped at a coffee shop late at night. She tried to cut a frozen bagel and the knife slipped and she opened herself up pretty bad. So while my girlfriend was helping to calm her down, and call her boss, I was looking for bandages. The boss finally arrived 30 minutes later. He was angry at the girl for waking him up, who was ghostly white at this point from blood loss.

Rather than thank us for helping his employee, after she'd gone to the hospital, he angry tried to sell me the same bagel that had blood all over it.

Peopled are fucked.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Man, those managers are dicks...
    LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Thanks
    Yeah. Someone got fired from a 7-11 near my house a while ago, because they left the store to go help someone who got shot in front of the store.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Well, that´s people.....just plain stupid, specially when they are in packs of 3 +.

As for dick managers, hehehe, thats quite a cliche nowadays....my guess is that they skipped some steps in human evolution.

A fact is that most people live their lifes without thinking on the reactions they cause with everything they say or do ( or don´t do),believing that the world was made for them to live in and there is nothing more important than their own situations......and this people are called " idiots".

Thanks
    Man that is just f*cked up....
    You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body. - C.S Lewis

My sketchbook, updated whenever I get around to it

Thanks
    this is the sort of thing that explains why I hate most employers.

My coworker at the paper I work at got written up (as in reprimand) because she saw, and reported a burglary.

the reason for the reprimand? Because she was looking out the window instead of doing her job.

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    your girl did good man. hope that baby made it. next to the crowd going insane because they didnt get the instant gratification they all felt entitled to, i have to say i dont understand apathy either. so many people in a situation like that do nothing to help or try to keep a situation under control or something. ive been into way too many of these situations where it was either extremely hard or dangerous to help out while some 30 or 40 bystanders just stood by instead of either helping out or getting help.

better to get a drink and feel happy that you could help than get all depressed over trying to understand some of these ass holes though.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_hershey
    So, a bit ago my girl stops at a gas station and upon entering the store she finds a couple of customers standing around the cashier, who is crying. After asking if everything is ok, my girl finds out the cashier is in labor and is only 6 months in.

Apparently, after her water broke, she called the manager and told him she was in labor- his response was that he was busy and couldn't make it in to relieve her. So she continued to do her job, crying. After realizing the problem and hearing the situation my girl and these 2 other shoppers called an ambulance and shut the store down.

Now, the fun part. People continued to try and go inside the store (where the 2 guys were guarding) and actually got pissed to find it locked- even after the explanation that the cashier was in labor. . . I'm talking angry and fucked off that this woman was having a baby and inconvenience to their lives. My girl flagged down a cop, who called in the problem and secured the site- but he actually had to call for other cops to get the people to calm down and leave.

What is wrong with this situation?
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    That's why I moved where I am now. There's one school for the town I live in. It's got K-12. So anyways, in the morning a water pipe broke in the cafeteria and school was let out at 11:00am. The faculty sent out word to the community, and every single business let parents who had kids do whatever they needed to get their kids from school. Everybody worked together, and everything turned out fine.

Thanks
    Maybe it's because the cashier is an ethnic minority.

Thanks
    The cashier was white- not sure why that matters

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jfwalls
    That's why I moved where I am now. There's one school for the town I live in. It's got K-12. So anyways, in the morning a water pipe broke in the cafeteria and school was let out at 11:00am. The faculty sent out word to the community, and every single business let parents who had kids do whatever they needed to get their kids from school. Everybody worked together, and everything turned out fine.
    That's why I don't mind living in Arkansas. Good ole southern hospitalitiy. It doesn't have the same hurray for me and fuck you attitude as Conneticut did.
    My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    That's why I don't mind living in Arkansas. Good ole southern hospitalitiy. It doesn't have the same hurray for me and fuck you attitude as Conneticut did
    I always get creepy vibes off the southern hospitality. Like "things are cool now, but one fuck up and you're a dead man". Maybe that's just because I'm a Yankee though

But back to the original story, isn't 3 months premature pretty serious to begin with? Sounds like a bad scene.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Point taken.

They're a bunch a wankers for choosing to acting that way. Doesn't matter why - there's no excuse to such behaviour.

Thanks
    What's worse is that the cashier would be scared into staying at her job than calling an ambulance and looking out for the safety of her premature baby.

Thanks
    I agree, it bothered me that she felt her job was more important then her baby.

It bothers me where it would even cross someone's mind that a job was more important. I'll say the girl was young, and scared - probably not thinking right. . .but come on, it's just a job.

And this took place in the south. . . myrtle beach,sc

Thanks
    Feed this to the social psychologists...
    www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    I could have sworn Myrtle Beach had more than one gas station.

I think one good way to make sure this reaches the collective conscience is to feed it to the local paper. In the semi-small towns, stories like this can take front page. It would be a pretty good lesson if the manager was made to live with a little mass scorn and it might help the girl out some. Groups are dying to find a case like this to get behind.

Tell the honey we're proud of her, Rick (and we think she's hot).
    Last edited by dogfood; April 24th, 2006 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks
    Wuff! That IS totally f**'d up. Props to yer sweetie for doing the right thing!
    "Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave palumbo
    I always get creepy vibes off the southern hospitality. Like "things are cool now, but one fuck up and you're a dead man". Maybe that's just because I'm a Yankee though
    oh no, it's no yankee thing... the antiquated notion of so-called southern hospitality has some really, really dark and f^^ked up aspects, trust me

joel

Thanks
    Because people are self important retards who mostly deserve some horrid, painful fate. They're EVERYWHERE.

Hey... Hey, guess what. When you're on the highway, driving? Your location is not more important than anyone elses. When you're in line at WalMart, your purchase isn't the most vital thing ever. Your music is not more important than the sleep of the rest of your apartment building. When a guy shows up at your cellphone kiosk in a superhero outfit, your 15 minutes of time he would take, not even being vulgar or insulting, are not too important to have a SENSE OF HUMOR DURING. Oh.
    And yeah. Your tank of gas and bag of doritos, indeed, your taking stock and flirting with the waitress at the next location on the highway, are not more important than a freaking BIRTH. You know what...ANY birth for that matter.

KILLLLLLDIIIE JA *Frothes at the mouth.*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    When a guy shows up at your cellphone kiosk in a superhero outfit, your 15 minutes of time he would take, not even being vulgar or insulting, are not too important to have a SENSE OF HUMOR DURING
    whoa, you lost me on that one
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo
    whoa, you lost me on that one
    http://www.zug.com/pranks/cellboy/

Long story short, guy responds to raising death rates via cell phones and driving by pranking local stores by dressing up as "Cellboy," and asking people if they're giving customers free hands-free sets with their phones. The responses he gets (sometimes before he even asks the question,) pretty much average out to "Stop being so gay, you gay. Goddamn. Retard."
    It's one thing to laugh it off and ask him to leave the store. It's another to lock someone out of the store outright, or kick them out when they open their mouth. /Soapbox

Thanks
    I agree, it bothered me that she felt her job was more important then her baby.

It bothers me where it would even cross someone's mind that a job was more important. I'll say the girl was young, and scared - probably not thinking right. . .but come on, it's just a job.

And this took place in the south. . . myrtle beach,sc
    Yeah, that sucks.
    Last edited by tongue-fu; April 25th, 2006 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks
    i just wanted my snickers and rockstar energy drink!!!!!!!!

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!!?

Thanks
    You fail to realize how badly people need their shitty beer, lotto tickets, and cigs. Without them they're pathetic wastes of flesh, but with them, well... nevermind.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    oh no, it's no yankee thing... the antiquated notion of so-called southern hospitality has some really, really dark and f^^ked up aspects, trust me
    When I moved from CA to the south, I learned the seven words of Southern Hospitailty, "You ain't from around here, are ya?"

Now, I've met a lot of friendly people, but like anywhere else, you've got the good and the bad.

Thanks
    maybe he's a Nazi...
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo
    I always get creepy vibes off the southern hospitality. Like "things are cool now, but one fuck up and you're a dead man"
    heheheh...

more people should visit oklahoma.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.