Thread: Tablets?

Thanks

Question Tablets?

I found these tablets for really cheap like starting at $34 any one know if there even any good take a look and tell me which one you all think would be the best buy thanks
    http://www.pricewatch.com/prc.aspx?i=327&p=0&f=1

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I figure I just gonna start out with something cheap so keep that in mind...

Thanks
    I've have read that it is good to be very weary of tablets that are not wacom. Wacom Tablets are expensive, but you get what you payed for. I have'nt really shopped around, so I can't say much more than that. Search the forum for threads on the subject (there are many).
    We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    First 'tablet' is a glorified laptop trackpad - avoid
    Second tablet is an acecad tablet intended for handwriting recognition, signing documents and such.
    Third tablet appears to have the drawing area of about a postage stamp. Also probably intended for handwriting recognition.
    Fourth - ditto
    Fifth - ditto
    Sixth - not actually a tablet
    etc etc

Anyhow you could have determined all of this for yourself by reading the reviews.

My suggestion would be to venture into the more expensive territory, avoiding acecat tablets geared towards CAD. Which leaves you with graphires and intuoses (?) Anyhow you get what you pay for.

Best bet is to actually go to some computer stores, friends' houses and try different tablets out out. Get a feel for how much area you're going to use, what kind of response satisfies you etc.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by onionface
    I bought the cheapest no name brand tablet out there 6" by 4". I used it for over 2 years. I met some guys who were using the latest A4 wacoms and their work was crap compare to mine.
    They looked at my images and the first thing they said was, " wow what tablet do you use" as if the tablet comes with magic powers of some sort.
    no shit lol thats what I was think just get a cheap one and see if I like it be for I drop any kind of bling you know well hey thanks for the post!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarfevs
    First 'tablet' is a glorified laptop trackpad - avoid
    Second tablet is an acecad tablet intended for handwriting recognition, signing documents and such.
    Third tablet appears to have the drawing area of about a postage stamp.
    ya dude your right alot of those are really small. well thank you for your help

Thanks
    lol @ onionface's comment - talk about poor artisans blaming their tools - or rather incorrectly directing their praise
    A tablet is an augmentation to rather than a substitute for skill. It is however a very good way to dramatically accelerate artistic growth and workflow and open up modes of expression that are very cumbersome with mousework etc. Besides that I think my tablet has paid for itself in the sheer joy of using it. Also another thing to remember about tablets is that you can be far more speculative in the way you draw as you don't feel as committed to your strokes as you would with paper or canvas. Drawing something with a tablet doesn't leave you with a physical artefact that you're going to either feel proud or ashamed of so you will begin to feel a lot freer of a responsibility not to screw up a pic. It also saves trees or that's the hope.

Thanks
    I really look forward to using the oil brushes in ps is it going to be as fun as I think it well be? Save the trees you hippie he he thats cool though.

Thanks
    Tablets?

Oh. My. God.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylizard
    Oh. My. God.
    Peripherals that small should come in party packs.

Thanks
    if it s all about money... just save for at least a graphire4 4x5
    you'll be glad you did

while you wait for it, practice your sketching skill with regular pencils cause you ll never be at a point where you think you re at your best... when you get serious about drawing, the tendency is to push yourself as far as you can humanly can...