Ringling...super ungodly expensive?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ringling...super ungodly expensive?

K, well I just got my Ringling catalogue and at first glance I knew i was over my head. First of all its a free catalogue but if you were gonna pic something like this up at Chapters it would cost you at least 20$. So after a quick read through I went to look at tuitions and holy jesus, they are alot (im from canada so add like 30% to the cost it shows). Anyways, I thought it was ok, i could make the 8 grand payments a year and all the housing and stuff with loans, but later when i was talkin with my mom, she was saying that its 8 grand a semester and you got 2 semesters a year, so it would be like 16 grand a year, and the courses are 4 years. After seeing this, my heart fell, I cant afford this, i could buy myself a house for the tuition costs. So if i got this wrong pls tell me, i would love to be wrong in havin to pay 16 grand a year cause its just to much for my poor ass. adm_soul.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    take classes at a community college. take all your core english, math etc and possibly beginning drawing classes. unless you want to be a ca major you could transfer as a sophmore. look into need based loans, put together the strongest portfolio you can to qualify for any scholarships. to my knowledge all art schools are around this price range. it's also cheaper to live in florida than ca or ny.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    16,000 is cheap for 4 year degree program. In new york the top 3 design school which are pratt,parsons,sva and sva is the sheapest at 18,500 with pratt and parsons at 26,000

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pibb991 : as far as i know Ringling doesnt have any scholarships, I might be wrong.. but thats what i've heard.

midnite23: i dont know if u understood my delema. 16000 for 4 years would be super cheap, and I would have a ball paying it, but from what I understand it would be well above 16000 a year to attend ringling, so more like 64 grand for all 4 years. Sorry if i didnt read ur reply properly.

adm_soul.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well that's what i meant it's cheaper i'm was talking yearly myself so basically it would 100,000 for the 4 years for parsons or pratt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i know they have at least one scholarship thats not need based. the presidential scholarship or whatever its called is awarded to one person in each major. but i think its only 500 dollars but its better than nothing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You will pay even more than what you are considering. Talk to the financial aid office and they will explain how you can receive loans.

The thunder of guns tore me apart.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see where you're coming from, I actually just recived my catolog from Ringling. The prices are a bit much, but from the student work that I have seen thus far I feel it is worth it. I hope you are able to work something out with finacial aid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

i know when i was applying to schools, i got the presidential scholarship in illustration to ringling, i think it was 5,000 a year from what i can remember. i went and visited and it seemed like it offered a lot, i know a few people that went there, and from what they told me its, the ca dept is very competitive. def some good work coming out of there though. in the end though, it was still too much for me to attend. you should look into SCAD, ca dept just got a new building and it has a lot to offer. def has a leg up on tech.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.