View Poll Results: So which one do you want to have your back?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tenelaus

8 16.67%
  • Eriboss

9 18.75%
  • Threeeyesworm

2 4.17%
  • Haldor

1 2.08%
  • Hai!^^

0 0%
  • Quicksilver

3 6.25%
  • Chaosrocks

0 0%
  • Kingcoyote

1 2.08%
  • Mr.Visions

6 12.50%
  • Sundance

1 2.08%
  • Juanillo

1 2.08%
  • Vigostar

3 6.25%
  • Lewis

0 0%
  • Infinit

0 0%
  • Koroshiya001

0 0%
  • Loizze

11 22.92%
  • Ilaekae

2 4.17%
    Thanks

VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

It was dark across the CA skyline, only the Massive Black icon lit up the sky, calling the artists forward. The air was filled with tension like the coming of a summer storm, and the artists redied themselves for battle.

They looked out across the thunderdome, the scene of countless fierce battles before them. Titans had clashed across its ancient floor in an endless battle for supremacy.

But the artists did not stand alone. Standing alongside each and every one was their backup, their hero's, their creations.

And so the battle began....

Tenelaushttp:
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Eriboss
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Threeeyesworm
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Haldor
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Hai!^^
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Quicksilver
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge
    A master swordsman and highly skilled archer, _____ (I can't think of a name!), is strong, loyal and kind. His genuine and benevolant nature keeps him on the best of side with people and with paths in life.

Chaosrocks
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Kingcoyote
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Mr.Visions
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

What if my guardian angel was Death Himself. That's right, Guardian Grimm has got my back, and nobody better mess with me, or they'll be pushing up flowers for the apology. Guardian Grimm is always there to remind me that I don't have it so bad, I could be DEAD, HA! He comes and goes as He pleases, attending to His business as He should to keep the order of things. If you end up on his bad list, your name is written in ash on the skull that dangles from his sithe. The only way that can change is when your living arrangements have. So watch who you pick a fight with, now that you know who's got my back.

Sundance
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Juanillo
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Vigostar
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Lewis
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Infinit
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Koroshiya001
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Loizze
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

Ilaekae
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge
    Last edited by Mr. Visions; April 21st, 2006 at 12:14 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks to Vigostar for getting this on. Sorry about the technical problem with the first post. Everything is working now so good luck!

- Visions

Thanks
    Thanks Visions for setting up the poll.

Tenelaus- you were my pick for the TD. The most intimidating character and what better to have for back-up then someone intimidating!

Eriboss- cool character man.. I love that gritty style. Reminds me a bit of Simon BiZ.

thrreeeyesworm- very good piece. If you would have ised a thick black marker for some of those black areas I think it would have given the drawing much more impact. Good job nontheless..'

Haldor-that is one funny pic. I def. would not want to mess with her. something about a butchy woman holding a rolling pin that makes me cringe.

Hai!^^- cool character it would have been nice to see some value variation. Great movement though.

Quicksilver- Great drawing. Really great. Very nice and detailed not too overworked. He looks like a nice guy, like a knight of a sort. Keep up the goopd work.

Choasrocks- Interesting choice. I was just a bit confused as to why her eyes are closed. good job nontheless keep on working hard.

Kingcoyote-very very cool piece... I almost chose this one because of the sense of humor aspect. I loved that superman t-shirt. He looks a bit claustrophobic though! Give the guy some more room! good job!

Mr.Visions- I started sweating it out when I saw your drawing. So clean, really great drawing. after seeing that and knowing some of your other works I thought you could have come up with something more ummm, ah, eh... original.. I hate to say it but, its true. you could have kept the death idea but, done something more with the design.. Great job.

sundance-very cool comic book character looking dude. Push the design a bit more next time..

Juanillo- great drawing.. Really great.. all this needed was for you to push the values and give it more contrast in some areas and you would have gotten gold.

Vigostar- Garbage... You should have paid more attention to what you were doing and created the creature design more thoroughly before beginning final production. the neck and head dont seem to sit connected with the rest of the character. You suck.

Lewis-dope design on the armor.. too bad you couldnt finish it

Infinit- I like this guy alot. He def. has all the signs of a warrios but he looks like a nice guy. More like a womanizer then a fighther! Great work though.

Koroshiya001- Probably the one drawing with the most potential. great design and idea but, most of your lines are moving in the wrong direction and there is no line weight variation. Also leave some areas untouched. That way yo create volume and mass... Good job.

Loizze-breakout performance. great job on the comicbook page look... your figures are great. Keep up the good work.

Ilaekae- that cracked me up so much when I read the discription. No comments from me that discription made my day!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. hopefully we can do this again in the future! Keep on rocking out.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Critique well taken Vigo. I didn't really push the old noodle on this one. Nice piece by the way. I haven't made my decision yet, it's a toughy.

- Visions

Thanks
    I voted for Eriboss, his back up is powerful, scary and funny. And a lot of thoughts given to this drawing. Loizze, Mr.Vision and Quiksilver are mine favorite too

Thanks
    Glad to see Loizze getting some votes! I chose Tenelaus myself, but Loizze was a close second. Visions, Ilaekae, and Quicksilver would complete my top five. Vigo...finished, it probably would have been my favorite, wonky neck or not, and thanks for the crit. My work always comes out in a "comic book style", sometimes its viewed as a positive, sometimes as a negative. Regardless, the crit was spot on...like I said, it's another boring submission by me!

Ahh well...time to run off and draw Spiderman's sidekick in ChOW...maybe I'll do a bit of design over there!

Thanks
    Right, ere we all are then. Congats on everyone kicking me arse, super entries all round. Thought I would sit here with me nice cold beer and c&c 'em all, just remember though, theres a well known rule about the land, that I generally don't know what the fuck I'm on about so feel free to disreagard or ignore as you see fit

Tenelaus- I love you man, this entry really did rock my world. You really went to town on that there biro rendering and it paid off. It has a great sense of mass, and light, and the fat twiggy ink lines give it real character. I did like the previous entry where you were stood next to him tho hehe. My only crit would be that although the cast shadows are what makes this piece so successful, I can't help thinking that maybe you missed the shadow of his axe, which I think might fall across his legs there, I reckon that would really finish this beasty off. Congrats anyway Wizz, you got my vote, and that is based on concept & excecution, not juss because yo' my dawg.

Eriboss- This sucks and blows in equal measures. Must try harder.

threeeyesworm- Interesting concept dood, kinda freaky heh, I think its her eyes. Nice pen style and good bash at the foreshortening, I especially like the swings in the background, its a nice little detail.

Haldor Haha now thats one scary mother hehe. Nice lines and I dig the pattern on the skirt. Maybe could have benifitted from a stronger idea of light source to enhance form, but the comedy element does carry it through anyway. Nice work.

Hai!^^ Haha yea man, gotta love the pretty girls heh. Nce dynamic pose, and she looks pretty tough, and I dig all them boot straps, I just feel that maybe the crop isnt helping the flow much, would have liked to have seen more space around her feet, and that weapon shes graspin.

Quicksilver Wonderful rendering, you have really got good at handling a biro, the face looks great, looks maybe a little ref'd, but it is killer excecution. Nice concept, he does look kinda friendly hehe

Choasrocks Ahh the female knight. I love the helmet and you did well with the markers, I just feel like the slightly funky head anatomy might be bringing the piece down a bit - i think from the angle we are seeing her, we should see her ear, and maybe if her eyes had been open and looking at us, it might have been more engaging.

Kingcoyote Hahah thats one cool muthafucker! I looove the superman tee and great use of different colours. The pouches are nicely rendered and it all has good form. Only thing to watch might be the perspective of the hammer handle where it meets the block, and also the right side of the head looks a little wonky, but that dont matter too much cause its fuckin funny

Mr.Visions hehe cool stuff man, nice clean rendering, and pretty solid composition. Im a little bothered by the slightly balbus almost alchoholic looking snout tho, kinda wanted it to be a bit more skeletal, and the pose maybe could have rocked a little harder, but I'm not going to go on, because its all down t personal taste and also I dont really want to die

sundance eyy man, nice inking. Got that comic vibe definately, and the pose is pretty dynamic. Maybe could have pushed the concept a bit harder, cause I see he's like a robo dood with a staff, but I cant get much more backstory out of him, try to get more clues to what he does, where he came from and shit into the piece through little details. Nic work man!

Juanillo Hehe, yeah he looks like he could cause some serious damage, Shame it isnt inked up, I would like to see how you tackle it.

Vigostar Ello dood, as usual thats some pretty serious rendering goin on. I kinda like the neck as it is, I would like to see it finished

Lewis Nice solid design man and I like the crazy smoke stuff coming out the helmet, maybe tighten up the hatching to really push the piece home.

Infinit Cool! Really like this dood, he looks pretty badass and I like the interesting weapon and tattoo design. Maybe could have pushed the values to dfine forms a bit more with darker darks, but I do like it as it is. And even though he is kinda smiling, still looks like he could hack you down in a heartbeat and drink the blood from your freshly cracked head... ahem.

Koroshiya001 Woah! That dood is huge! hehe. Nice concept for this guy, with some really interesting details. I like what you have done with the hatching, although I feel the non-varying line weight may harm the details in some places, like the face, whch does suffer a bit. Get some bolder lines in there and it should come together nicely. Also, I don't think the little guy is gunna be standing on that weapon much longer - as soon as that beast moves that poor little bugger is going south hehe.

Loizze Ey Loizze, I was really interested to see what you cooked up for this, as I checked out your sketchbook the other day and there is some really nice stuff in there. I like the comic layout to this piece, and the rendering on most part is wonderful, im not sure I totally get whats goin on, but hell, it sure is pretty

Ilaekae Heheh, I was looking foward to see what you came up with, and wasnt disappointed hehe. This is wonderful, so funny and somehow strangely arousing err kinda... minus the PMS part.... kinda. hehe.

Oueff, well thats that, firefox actually crashed halfway through me writing all that, so I had to do half of it again arrgh heh. Great works all round, everyone brought some interesting stuff to the table. Juss glad to have been a part of it.

Well done Vigo for organising all this too, actually made me get off my arse and do summit

Cheers

Eri

Thanks
    My vote goes to Tenelaus. That one looks like it can put a hurting on someone. But wow they all look great. I didn't finish mine on time. I did send a PM to vigostar last night with it. And it's posted in my sketch book if anyone wants a look at it.

Thanks
    Whoa, killer crit posts, vigo & Eri (no wonder you didn't reply to my IM. )

Quote Originally Posted by vigostar
    Quicksilver- Great drawing. Really great. Very nice and detailed not too overworked. He looks like a nice guy, like a knight of a sort. Keep up the goopd work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriboss
    ...Quicksilver Wonderful rendering, you have really got good at handling a biro, the face looks great, looks maybe a little ref'd, but it is killer excecution. Nice concept, he does look kinda friendly hehe ...
    Cheers, guys, and yeah, HE DOES! I'm one of those people who can't do 'scary' or intimidating for shit (need to work on that if I want a job in concept art, haha). Shouldn't have rushed it.....Thanks again for commenting!!

I'm really flattered people liked my entry even though it's unfinished. Sve and Sundance: Thank you.

EDIT: chaos: !! Thank you, hunny =3 (didn't want to the thread by posting another post directly afterw yours so I edited this one, heh).
    Last edited by Quicksilver; April 21st, 2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    voted Quicksilver, I don't want badass at my back. I want brave and loyal. Most of the others look like villians.

beautifully drawn though, esp Vigo, sundance and tenelaus... but honestly vigo...would you really trust that at your back?

c.rocks
    ps. the intention was that she is looking down modestly rather than eyes shut. guess I blew that one

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Thanks for including mine, Vigostar. My sense of schedule now that I'm semi-retired borders on criminal.

The work overall is really nice, and some of you guys do amazing things with a pen, but conceptually, the image of a pissy Baba armed to the teeth overcomes all. So simple and straight-foreward. So I just had to vote for Haldor.

My mother was built a little like this fine specimen of female pulchritude, and once fought off a purse snatcher in a market by smashing a litre of Pepsi over his head. She then decked the cashier the same way when he insisted she pay for the broken bottle...she was 58 at the time.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Loize.....just too fucking nice not to.

Thanks
    Had to go with Tenelaus. Great stuff all around.
    SSG #11 is louder than 10.
    Taj | SkapeGoat | Dose206 | Noë | Cromsoneye | Tie | wil.whalen

Thanks

vote

hey guys
    just made mt choice....tough
    my vote goes to mr visions
    like the the deadly crooked face on that one
    vigostar and eriboss were just following
    anyway,cheers to all of ya and good luck
    can t wait for the next challenge

congrats
    loizze

Thanks
    Tnx for the comments Vigostar and Eriboss

My favs were
    Vigostar - you put renderingskills to a higher level, too bad its not finished
    Loizze - love the poses and designs, im not sure what im looking at tho
    Eriboss - Chick w/ big gun = good design

But my vote went to Tenelaus, great use of lines and lightning

Other entries were rocking aswell, hope to see another challenge like this soon

Lewis

Thanks
    Eriboss- really like the warhammer stylee of the gun there, lovely dirty inks going on. You're also completely right with your crit, I kinda kept extending that shadow bit by bit but for some reason I stopped hehe
    Quicksilver- Nice accuracy in the face, definately conveys the benevolant side of him.
    Visions- Nicely drawn, those hands are great and also a cool concept.
    Juanillo- I like the sense of scale you've got here, that guy looks huge.
    Loizze- This is really interesting, not quite sure whether it's sequential or what, but you've got some cool poses and nice drawing here. The foreshortening in the middle panel is friggin awesome.

Thanks
    ilaekae, thanks for the vote, I aprreciate it. you must have a lovely mother

eriboss and vigostar, thanks for the crits!

my vote goes to eriboss, simply because I like his design most. Second would be quiksilver, but that one does more look like a friendly type of guy, and not like someone who would knock you out if you touched his friend, so that's why I in the end voted for eriboss

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldor
    ...Second would be quiksilver, but that one does more look like a friendly type of guy, and not like someone who would knock you out if you touched his friend, so that's why I in the end voted for eriboss
    Aaaahhh damn ¬_¬ My vote went to Eri too 'cause I think it stands out the most.

How about this?
    "RAAAAAWWRRR!!!!"
    VOTE NOW | Pen CHallenge

.......no?

Last edited by Quicksilver; May 2nd, 2006 at 02:09 PM.
    Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!