10-15 Minute UberMega Battle-Sketch Thread!! Complete with Toast and Pancakes!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Not sure if this will catch on or anything, probably not - but it will at least give some of us a place to stash these...

I was talking with Pennington over IM, I mentioned pancakes and he got really mad! Said I owed him for making him hungry for pancakes - I says fine, here are your pancakes and sketched some quicky pancakes as a joke - har har! Must have been like 3 minutes ...
    Then... came Lucky charms and Oj, got to have been under 10 - the magic number. Oh, and I had a bite of his pancakes...
    Woo for lopsided crummy elipses and perspective!
    b
    Oh, I asked him for some toast later:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3man/toast.jpg

So this is the origin story of the 10 Minute UberMega Battle-Sketch-off!

I think speed is important, not really for a finished piece per say, but for study - to learn from. Your not making art, your thinking, observing and experimenting remember?

So here are my results for Tonights 10 Minute UBERMEGA BATTLE! What you are seeing is pure 10 minutes of unretouched scribbles!

Topic one: Food - I got Pho and Spring rolls... but I drew eggrolls...
    Again woo to bad ellipses and funky perspective... what?! its 10 minutes, can you imagine the stress!

Topic Two: Object on other persons desk - Pennington's Stapler:
    Something out of mind, no ref for a reason you know? I think you become faster as you can imagine what you are drawing - instead of just drawing what you see. I believe that value is probably the most important element in readability - so here to practice value we went grayscale.

Topic Three: Hats! I got a pirate hat! WOO! I mean, Yarrr!
    Hook at no extra charge! Like the last one grayscale for emphasis on value, its quicker too...

Topic Four: Pie! Just pie, pie from the mind!
    I dunno, whip cream? I don't eat pie... gross!

So feel free to join us! 10 minute sketches, preferably as a "battle" against someone you know. Try and learn from it but most of all have fun. Use all 10 minutes - then upload. No cheating!

Also, if anyone is interested you can PM me and we can get together and do this. Cheers!

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; September 2nd, 2006 at 02:07 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

and the opposing team

well now i was a little slow on the toast and he got it cold. and i didn't even make it flying out of the toaster like i thought of after.
    then i had to make him a turkey sandwich and some chips... man only thing i ever learned how to cook was eggs and toast.
    next we decided to go grey scale cause i was having a bit'o trouble getting the color of the turkey. so here's my soda
    and then a sombrero
    i thought about it a bit more afterward and got this
    then for the pie cook off. i think he's a better cook.
    specially the pho noodles, mmm!

OH YEAH AND SUGGESTIONS ON TOPICS WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL.

Last edited by pennington; April 21st, 2006 at 08:14 AM.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol, fun stuff Tom.

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You uhh, you want to throw down mate? It's a pretty fun way to end a day of painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meow! HAHAHAHA thats a good piece right there, i like it

Bovis est!

Leeroy (n.) - 1: One who does not grasp the concept of caution; 2: One who likes chicken; 3: One whose battle cry consists of their own name.

Sketchbook, click it or you'll hear from me 'till who laid the rails!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rar ! The war continued tonight:
    So here are my results for Tonights 10 Minute UBERMEGA BATTLE! What you are seeing is pure 10 minutes of unretouched scribbles!

Started 'er off with lunch: I got quesadilla's, man ... what more can you do with a flat object... blah!
    Yum yum ! Windex.

Pennington picked "a plane" for his turn at topic choosery, ouch! That was a low blow! Blah...
    ... blah...

Topic was "an animal", I got a kitty! Woo !
    Meow ! I mean, niyao!

Pennington then chose the next topic, "object in a bathroom" ; I got a brush near the sink... man I would not use this brush... or the sink really.
    No really, that is one ugly brush.

I picked desert next: I got flan ! WOO FLAN! Color this time
    Hallucinogenic flan perhaps?

Next up was shoes, our own shoes; I actually had to look... eep!
    What do you mean my foot must look like a brick? AH ! AH DEE ! AH DEE DAS!

Last up I chose bedtime as the topic or something like that:
    Hey! I just realized my cat has his bum on my pillow... damn.

So feel free to join us! 10 minute sketches, preferably as a "battle" against someone you know. Try and learn from it but most of all have fun. Use all 10 minutes - then upload. No cheating!

Also, if anyone is interested you can PM me and we can get together and do this. Cheers!

so tired...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first we did lunch. chicken noodle soup
    and then i chose planes for the topic
    penguin for the animal topic, boy this one was a bit tough without a ref.
    bathroom stuff, a used soap and dispenser, kinda got caught up in the rest of the stuff
    oh man, so here we tried color and i totally blanked. grr.
    second attempt gave me a better idea of what i was doing. but his flan still whooped my bum
    haha my shoes. and no i don't wear both at the same time!
    and at 5:30 bedtime sounds so nice.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MATCH THREE!!! ding ding ding.

round one: topic, breakfast food! steak n eggs.
    10-15 Minute UberMega Battle-Sketch Thread!! Complete with Toast and Pancakes!! thought we were just doing drawings. so bleh.

round two: a head, so i got carried away trying to do a little process thing that was pointless.

round three: topic, a chalice. pretty fun.

round four: a cellphone

and round five was a monster from the depths, this one was hard to just come up with something.

i got my butt kicked tonight.

anyways we'd love to have anybody else join in the fun, maybe we could get a three way battle or something.

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh! I think I must be worn out for the night- not my best scribbles

Still though, I think it's important to squeeze what little is left out even if you don't feel like it at times.

Again, I think this has been actually pretty good for me - helps with a lot of stuff and in just 10 minutes a day! Har !

Yeah well, here is my ten minute scribbles for the night:

Topic: Breakfast food
    What? I don't eat omelets either... guac !

Topic: Head with Neck - Pennington's idea... ouch ouch I never would have picked this.
    Oh man, embarassing... mutant freak creature. Well this is like my 10th head without ref ever so... yeah that's no excuse.

Topic: Chalice
    OoooOOogh, I think I was stilling feeling crummy (crummier) from the last one, because this is horrible. Worst ellipses ever!
    Woo to hard shadows on a rounded form... :|

Topic: Cell Phone
    Meh, ish ok.

Topic: Monster from darkness
    Rarg! Meh ish ok.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a nice little series you've got going on pennington. I would have to say it lacks in detail, but its clever and a littel humerous. peace man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the little airplane for some reason i think its pretty cool, keep up the doodling

Bovis est!

Leeroy (n.) - 1: One who does not grasp the concept of caution; 2: One who likes chicken; 3: One whose battle cry consists of their own name.

Sketchbook, click it or you'll hear from me 'till who laid the rails!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meowing stapeler made my morning haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woo ! Been awhile, Pennington and I finally caught up with each other and battled to the death tonight!

We uhh, sort of forgot it was a 10 minute ubermega battle-sketch and went with a 15 minute ubermega battle-sketch - hence I've changed the rules

Up first was Ham Sandwich!
    Man, monochrome is bad for food - that's not ham! It's a human liver!!

Next up was a Hippo!
    Note to self: Don't let pennington pick the topic anymore... he picks hard stuffs!

Next was a Big Ole' Sword:
    Heh, ok... so it's not that big. And the bird? I dunno...

Next up, liking the weapon theme tonight: Bow and Arrow!
    Went all "elvish", yet impractical and unusuable... and the bird? I dunno...

So feel free to join us! 10-15 minute sketches, preferably as a "battle" against someone you know. Try and learn from it but most of all have fun. Use all 10-15 minutes - then upload. No cheating!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hammy sammich
    and a hippo?
    a sword
    and a arrow, i thought he just said arrow not bow and arrow. oh well.

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    u guys are silly
    here's mine:

<=====>...____//_
    ~~~~~~..\......../
    <=====>....\___/
    ||...................||
    hamburger & drink about 2-3mins

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks like fun. i wanna join!

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool man, pm me your msn or gtalk handle and let's get going sometime (those are the only two IM I use...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ここのハンドルと同じですよ。(あのプルブのやつ)俺が勝つゾウ!

-A

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [あのプルブのやつ)俺が勝つゾウ!]
    えっと、そのことばはぜんぜんならいなかったね。。。いみわなに? さいきんよくわかないね。
    ハンドルはグーゴルかエムエスエンかどち?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ごめんね。プルブって僕のcaの名前。「やつ」って物(もの)。ハンドルがグーゴルのやつです。また勉強ね 。

-A

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    僕の語彙はについての知識はかなりかぎられている。じしょうをたいていつかう。でも文法はよくわかる。メー ルをおくった。

Right, nothing to see here folks .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i saw it, but as soon as i did, i realize we might run into timezone problems, since im like 16 hours ahead of you or something. well, if it works out, then it does, if not, then its whatever. talk to you soon dude.

-A

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    battle with apathy from today. lossa fun.

round 1: cinnabon (purb)
    round 2: open book (ia)
    round 3: train pulling into station (purb)
    round 4: the other's lunch (both)

Attached Images Attached Images        
    -A

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tonights battle with the Purb:

1st up, Purb's topic: Cinnabon!

Mm, cinnabon! With milk!

2nd, My Topic: Open Book!

(I dunno, there was a book on my desk... wanted to emphasize some primitive shapes with purb)
    With milk ! ???

3rd, Purb's Topic: Train coming into the station

Ouch, ouch... nice topic. I went straight up to 15 minutes trying to get something done... @_@

4th, spur of the moment topic:
    What we were about to each (I was eating during actually... hehe!) Purb is eating some tasy Japanese Ramen with pork! The bastid!
    With milk? I was eating cold pizza and a milky way...

Welp, thanks Purb that was fun dude!

So feel free to join us! 10-15 minute sketches, preferably as a "battle" against someone you know. Try and learn from it but most of all have fun. Use all 10-15 minutes - then upload. No cheating!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay glad somebody else finally joined!! good stuff guys.

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tonight was a pretty good night for uber battles

me and idiot apathy did one :: an emotional sack of flour. mine was panicky
    then that fat kid joined us and we did a goat and a fly.

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Battle this is no longer, a war it has become this night. /end yoda.

Skirmish #1; Me vs Pennington - His topic, Shy Flour Sack ... (eep!)
    Muahaha, cop-out! I gave him groucho glasses! That's instant moxy.

#2: Me vs Pennington vs That Fat Kid - My topic; a goat with a party hat!
    Bah?

#3: Me vs Pennington vs That Fat Kid - Fatty's topic; a fly
    Bzzzzt! Gaussian blur! Ref to get me started.

#4: Me vs That Fat Kid - My topic; GIANT robot
    ROBOT!

#5: Me vs That Fat Kid - Fatty's Topic; Falling sideways in a supermarket
    He's actually saying help because his anatomy is so freakish!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah go guys!

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did 2 quick 15 minute matches with Robin Chyo and Character toooonight; Scott, Purbster, holtstache - let's do some more sometime yeah?

1st topic, Devourer of Darkness with mean looking sword (damnit, battling character artists! )

2nd topic, knight defends queen (more figures! eep, I should have picked )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are Characters, he's busyyyyyy so I will post:

1st topic: Devourer of Darkness and Mean looking sword; he only heard the sword bit

2nd topic, knight defends queen

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; March 20th, 2007 at 04:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.