Why You Call Me
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Why You Call Me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Why You Call Me

Its not just a face but a feeling of imprisonment that we at various junctions of our life; experience. Its pain of life trying but failing to escape to the lap of nature...................... a place far from our daily life in the concrete jungle.
    Sorry! Friends the image is rather blur due to faulty DigiCam.
    I am rather new in Portraiture and I did'nt intended to be strictly realistic also I have'nt used any photos its simple imagination.
    I would love to know about my mistakes and my problem areas. Please help.

Rahul
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I feel like the painting itself is very muddy which makes it hard to differentiate the shadows from non shadows. There is a good attemtempt to show the cheek bone and depression around the eye. I would try looking at your face in a mirror and study it very closely, mabey in this same pose so you can see what it really looks like because there are alot of things to be leared about the complexities of the face and by doing that is simplifying its structure. The concept is very dark and scary, putting bars around somebody is a bold statement. you could benefit from studying from life, do another one and practice this same pose in the mirror.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The composition needs reviewing I think. Your hand on the bottom right is distracting my eye- perhaps due to the strong contrast in tones. Guilefine is right, the face is very complex and takes a long time and lots of patience to master. In the past I have studied elements of the face (eyes, nose, mouth) in isolation before trying a full self portrait. Work with simple materials when doing this- pen or pencil will do, and work on a small scale. When you then work with paint expressively consider the scale you are working with- THINK BIG!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gilefine and Lilly. I think your guidelines are great I will perhaps try anethor piece of similar flavour with your directions. True the work looks a bit muddy perhaps due to a very bad photography?
    Thanks for your comments and crits.

Rahul

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.