Thanks

NEED ADVICE: Comic Book Street Painting

Thes are images from a street painting festival I took part in last year. It is coming up again and I was asked to be in it this year. I want to recreate an entire comic page (word balloons and all) for my painting this year. I need advice.

Alex Ross looked really nice and impressive last year (his style lent itself to the bigger than life size) and I would do one of his page layouts... but since I did DC last year I wanted to do Marvel this year, and most of his good stuff is the oversize "Peace on Earth/War on Crime" books.

I was thinking maybe the Hulk or something... I love Dale Keowns work too, but I just don't know where to look. It has to be a page with only a few large panels, brilliant color and large scale (hence I thought the Hulk would work nice.)

Can anyone suggest some pages that might work? Issue and artist... and if there is a link to it or an image to show that would be AWESOME (also, would like to keep the words to a minimum... small shapes don't hold up well on the rough pavement.) PLEASE PLEASE give me some advice on this. The festival is the 2nd week in June, but I have to turn in my concept in the next week or so.

Thanks in advance, and enjoy the images.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    Though it seems pretty forgotten, I liked the Alex Ross stuff in that miniseries Marvels. Dunno, like the fight between the Human Torch and Sub Mariner? But if you're talking one specific page... something classic. the first time you see Dark Phoenix when she's exploding out of that shuttle, or Gwen Stacey falling from the bridge, Reed Richards holding the ultimate nullifier up to Galactus... something like that would be pretty classy
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    That looks like it was an insane amount of work. It looks great!

And not that I needed any more confirmations on my geekdom, but I was thinking on the Galactus/Reed Richards nullifier scene not even an hour ago (and have no idea why). I agree with Dave; that would be classic.

Thanks
    Thanks everyone so far. Good ideas.

And thanks for moving this mike, wasn't sure where it should go, but your point is well taken and the lounge is the best bet.

Eric

Thanks
    stuff like this rocks...

http://www.phun.org/newspics/funny_friday/668.jpg

damn, links not going to the image. Goes to the main site. Its the newest news post with the funny pictures, last column, 3rd one down

Thanks
    I ahve seen that guys stuff before. What he does is incredible... the optical illusions are amazing.

Does ANYONE have any comic pages to suggest for my next street painting? I am going to do one whole page.

Thanks,

Eric