problems with my watercolor and line tools...please help asap
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: problems with my watercolor and line tools...please help asap

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

problems with my watercolor and line tools...please help asap

ok, ive been using painter, and sometimes for some reason, when i use my watercolor brush...or the pencil brush,...(or any brush, it happens randomly), for some reason, it begins to not be a "solid" color anymore. instead, my pencils, and waters look like a mixture of a lot of different random colors. is there any way to get them to look like one flat color again? someone help!

this is what they look like right now.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you have the min spacing to high, try changing the spacing to 16 and min to 0.9, should fix that issue.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea but...if u notice, each "circle" is a completely different color. how can i get it to be just smooth flat one color?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you have color set to expression like pressure maybe?

Or set color variability to 0%.

If you have Painter 9 you can reset your settings by pressing and holding the Shift key and double clicking the Painter exe.

Last edited by Portus; April 19th, 2006 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nope lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unless you tell us your Painter version, the exact names of the brush variants you're having problems with, and exactly what brush control adjustments you've made to each of them (if any), all you're going to get is guesses.

If you're using Painter IX:

Don't hold down the Shift key while launching Painter without first making a backup copy of your Painter IX User folder.

See my message posted this morning at 2:42 am Pacific time in the thread named:

Help with painter

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh dude..THANK U THANK U THANK U..thta work perfectly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

dirty brush feature in painter ix

is there a "dirty brush" feature in painter IX that stops the paintbrush from picking up all the colors around it? im using old water color variant brush, and im noticing that, instead of just laying down flat color all the time, some times my brush picks up color from whatever else is around it. i saw a "dirty brush" feature once, but now i have no idea where i saw it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    marco,

In Painter IX, using the new Artist's Oils brush variants, we can check the Dirty Mode box (on the Property Bar, in the Brush Controls' Artist's Oils palette, and in the Brush Creator, Stroke Designer tab's Artist's Oils section).

When this box is checked, Artist's Oils brush variants pick up color from existing colors and when we paint in a new area of the image, those colors are in the brushstrokes.

If you don't want this to happen, click in the Dirty Mode box to uncheck it.

(Dirty Mode only works with Artist's Oils brush variants.)

Again, it would help if you told us what "old water color variant" you're using. Is it a Watercolor variant or a Digital Watercolor variant? That makes a big difference since they don't work at all the same way.

It sounds like it might be a Digital Watercolor variant or a Water Color variant imported from Painter 6 or an earlier Painter version that works like Painter IX Digital Watercolor when imported to Painter IX.

If that's the case, try going to the Brush Controls' Well palette and moving the Bleed slider to 0 and adjusting the Resat/Resaturation slider as needed (if needed).

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok. im using watercolor, not digital. and the variant is "old water color"..i got it from pixel alley a while back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You got it from my website (it's spelled PixelAlley), so that helps. I know the brush variant well from the early days just after Painter 7 was released and we were trying to find a way to make the new Painter 7 Water Color technology work for us. This was Matt's best attempt to create a brush variant that behaved like Painter 6 and earlier version Water Colors and like what came later, Painter 8 and Painter IX Digital Watercolors. He's the only artist who managed to come this close and many tried.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were providing the name of the brush variant since it wasn't capitalized the way the actual brush variant is, Old-water-color. I just thought you meant to describe it as an old water color variant.

Here's a demo of how the Old-water-color variant works for me in Painter IX:

If you're using Painter IX and set it up the way I did, it should work the same for you.

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, one last question. im not good at creating brushes....so if i wanted to modify that Old Water Brush, so that it got thinner(finer) or thicker(fatter/wider) with the pressure of my wacom tablet pen, how would i do that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

brush creator

Open the Brush Creator (Ctrl + B) and choose Size in the menu to the left, set Expression to "Pressure" and adjust the "Min Size".

Don't forget to use the Brush Tracking (Edit > Preferences) to update the brush (regularly) to your way of handling the pen. If you apply more pressure than usual in the Brush Tracking you will get a less sensitive brush behaviour, which will work in your favour when having Size Expression set to Pressure.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.