Sketchbook: A 12 year old Kid's SB - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A 12 year old Kid's SB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ur right people

Well your right RYN very RIGHT but its more of life hobby thing...You see I have the opportunity to have a career in music, computer engineering, art, soccer, theatre. Everybody has the opportunity but I got the talent for it. I guess I am making excuses but I want to be able to do the other stuff to not just specalize in one stuff. So I have to take turns.. I dree a complete head 2 days ago..I cant put it on because my computer has a virus...and mmmm im using the laptop which is way to slow and has no scanner or camera thing...so yall are gonna have to wait for that head..its not soo good but I did it to test my skills, I did it in less than 10 minuts no eraser and i used a colored black pencil....and yeah a soon as i fix the virus and after I put all the files i have into cd's and then clean the virus and then put all the files back into the pc...I will show u the head..of a man...and yeah..
    after some practice i will try to draw myself..
    sooo friends very soon....

MasterOfChaos:
    I wished I had been so intent on art when I was your age. I honestly thought I would do something with engineering or computers
    me too.. not so boring for me though and yeah i read wat u said i know wat u mean.

ewing: i was gonna but i didnt want to ruin the good skull... and patience very soon u will see a head..

Dile: wat i said to ewing.

Ryn: i answered already..

-rolo and thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

here

ok here..i drew the girl yesterday and the boy 3 days ago...
    well
    they are so so
    but good for a first try

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice updates rolo, nice to see you are back!
    although I would skip the guidelines paper! thats not nice!

I think your face on the girl is pretty cool to be your first portrait! just
    keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice first portraits Rolo! I've been trying to do portraits off to the side for awhile now, haven't really posted them in my SB though, but anyway I've learned 2 things that I'll pass on to you that should help.

-The lips usually arent outlined. Specifically, the bottom lip is usually not outlines, sometimes the top is. So how do you know where the bottom lip is? If you look in the mirror there should be a small shadow under the lip and it might follow the outline of your chin on oneside. You kind of got it on the boy portrait but it's not quite the same shape. Keep that in mind next time and I'll bet you'll be happy with the result.

-I've read, and it makes sense to me, that inorder for a portrait to convey correctly, you need to have shadows. If you look at the news reporters on TV sometimes they look funny in the face. The reason is that sometimes the lights are too bright and coming from different angles that it doesn't allow any shadows to form. You've got some shadows on the boys face (it could hace a few more, specifically on the right side of the nose.) But the girl doesn't have many and she could benifit from some.

Just some things I've learned that might help you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

its october 21 9:40am
    Long time no post. Im still 12 lol. Its seems as id Ive been twelve for years.
    Anyways I've been working in html and stuff me and my brother are going to make a website for webdesign and all kinds of stuff like banners and that kind of stuff, we already bought the domain. Well I don't have photoshop cus we gotta virus for the 3rd time and we had to reformat! and i went to costa rica to..
    i draw once in a while but i stick to the music ill be making a demo cd soon and ill post so you guys know why ive been so musiky ok so i only have flash 8 and macromedia fireworks
    so i made this little thing ccus i thought i could make a logo.
    it took me about 4hours. a long time i know
    you see i nvr really used fireworks and ive been away from art and computer during summer and july and agust cus i was visiting my country.
    its not the best. but ill get better when i start getting better with strateness.

its for our company
    its called RS web co. rs is our anitials. and i still cant spell right.

my brother is going to improvise on it.
    but anyways
    wat do u think.. i decided to post it here so i show to my old ca friends that i have no quit the arts subject.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems like you've missed Ryn's point earlier about the age thing. At 12 you are a student of art, at 20 you will be a student of art, at 60 you will be a student of art, at whatever other age down the track you will still be a student of art, this is the same with me and anyone else you'll meet who want to learn about art. You have to be sincere to yourself about how you approach your studies and saying this applies to everything else you want to do, not just art. Meaning, be the student and keep learning as much as you can, dont shrug it off with the excuse that your 12 years old, we dont bash people because of their age, we were all also 12 years old at one stage or another in our lives.

Also, don't be so highly strung about drawing figures or a face, yes it can be incredibly difficult to bring yourself around to actually drawing them for the first few times, sometimes you just have to try to force yourself to let go of your nervous feelings or fear you may have about it and just draw whatever comes to the mind, or start off with something completely random to get you in gear, think of it as 'warming up before you excersise'. You dont have to draw near other people either if you feel pressure from those around you, I tend to draw alot easier when im not around people, but thats just me.

One last thing, "Its just a shadow..." - shadows, together with highlights and midtones create values within a picture, values create a harmonic relationship with the forms you use to 'come out at you' or 'pop' so to say. When you mention manga, im not sure if thats where you want to go or not because I think I saw that you liked the larger eyes or something like that, but just to sneak in a word ahead of that, dont limit yourself to a particular style, espescially right now when your still trying to learn the basics. We have alot of people that come here and leave in a huff because noone agrees with them that their work is 'their style' yet none of their illustrations work because of the poor quality in the figures, color and perspectives/etc. Otherwise, what Ryn and Dished have said thus far has been spot on, Sandytastic also makes a good point, never limit yourself to what you draw, even if you hate drawing something, you'll find down the track you may have to or want to, and realise you cant because you never practiced it. What goes around comes around. Just trying to bring a little 'reinforcement' to what the others have been telling you here.

Good luck with your studies and dont fear too much about drawing something in particular, you never fail, you just learn from your mistakes which in turn makes you that much better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thank u

wow thank u very much! u have inspired me!!!!
    thanks u!!!
    you seem to know laot!! thanks, oh bout the manga well yeah i figured i shouldnt be so narrow in style so i dont draw manga as muc..well at all, i draw wat i can when i can and slowly but progrressevly!! thank you, jejee yah i know the 12 year old excuse..i dont use that anymore though..
    thamks again!!!s
    -rolo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hey

ok last night well i decided to draw..to see IF STILL Had it..i made a small pic.. i didnt draw more than one cus it was 11:00pm and i havnt been sleeping these days..so i drew it while my parents thought i was asleep..and yeah so i had to use flash light..but that doesnt matter,..just trying to add some humor..haha..yeah..hehehe
    anyays
    here it
    is
    yup i noticed one shoulder is longer thatn the other..and one hand has muscles and the other doesnt..well just a little bit of muscles but..
    anyways
    here IT IS!!!!

today at ight i draw guy with gun..well ill try!!

Last edited by Rolo; October 26th, 2006 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i did this one lasst night
    yeh not to good
    i know
    but its my first
    with side view
    and
    holding a gun

enjoy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man you are going to be very good by the time your my age......keep it up dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    COMMENT YAAAAY!!1
    FINALLY!!
    THANKS!! alot!!
    i just got INSPIRED EVEN MORE!!
    TODAY ! I DRAW MORE!!! YAY!!! THANKS!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man. I love your signature. I don't really have anything useful to say because I'm not all that good myself. I just felt I should leave a comment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok i dont have time but ive been drawing everyday i will put one i drew like 3 days ago
    oops i forgot pic..
    here it is

-rolo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok and here is the one i made the day before yesterday.. i didnt make one yesteryday though... today i might im tired today...really holloween is crazy i got so much candy!! im seriouse like 50 punds my trash bag brojke im over 100lbs and that thing was like hEAVY
    i make pic later show

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THIS ONE IS OLD I DID after I DID MY FIRST MOUNTAIN but this was at skool...

THIS ONE WAS DONE DURING FRENCH CLASS---I FINISHED A TEST AND DID THIS WITH LIKE 10 MIN BEFORE PERIOD ENDED.. COULDNT FINISH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    could any1 tell me how to get my images on large like this guys images coz mine are all thumbnails thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude---look at the skethbook help ..lol i want crits not people that want to know this and that just so u know u can visit imageshack.ur or photobucket.com then u can upload ur images-- and decide the size

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there Rolo Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook

You've got some nice stuff in here And I'm afraid that I can't really give any other advice than:
    PRACTICE LIKE A JACKED UP MONKEY WITH AN INSANE AMOUNT OF INTEREST IN DRAWING! <-- Yes, the upper-case was necessary to deliver my point ;D

Either way, keep it up man
    I hope that I'll be seeing more from you soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey long time no see..ya here is new pic..well although it hasbn t been so long only like a 4 day break thing..i should be studying now but the ambition to post this was to great..
    ok aother edit..i forgot to put the one i did they day before last night..here it is....

here dreew it last night..
    http://www.filecabin.com/up1/1163713160-birdy....JPG ahaha well that i guess is big if i put it as img so
    i will use imageshack..so its smaller
    here!

(i know the right claw thing is abit messed up!!)

Last edited by Rolo; November 16th, 2006 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start. As has been said, draw all the time from direct observation. Starting at twelve in a forum like this, you'll see great improvement.

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

well there is one thats pretty old if i dont say so myself ..did it bout last week
    same as this one..
    i did those out of randomness thought i could like make some kind of creature and soldier dude that did not come out so bad..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm, i didnt know u were only 12 and I would say you are pretty skilled for a 12 yr old. Especially the pencils, i like that piece. Some things you need to work on though like your values, the pressure of your pencil on the paper to adjust the contrast of the pencil, and your hatchings but all in all just keep drawing mate because you're young and you're on the right track!

refine your skills

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is very important. When your drawing from life never let you eye stray longer than 5 seconds. Very important you understand what shape of line your drawing and how well it shapes the object. It it'll help get the basic idea on copying what you see like if you were a printer. Plus it be a lot easier on your anatomy and life studies. And Soon you'll be copying things just by looking at the object once. (exagerating on the last one)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.