Human Pixel Project

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Human Pixel Project

I hope this hasn't been posted before, I didn't see it, but my apologies if it has.
    I just signed up for it, it seems really interesting.

http://www.humanpixelproject.net/home.html

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, whatever comes into my head I suppose.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some things I've done for this project. I'm using only materials I have in my house, and modifying them as minimally as possible. I had to scan them as I don't have a camera, so you lose some of the sense of texture. They're not all entirely finished either.

Human Pixel Project

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the finished works. As I don't have a camera, I had to scan them, and you can see how well that worked out. Had to try, though.

Human Pixel Project
    All of the pixels were done with things I found around the house. I had a lot of fun doing these, and wish I lived closer so I could see the finished products. Guess I'll have to settle for pictures

Flower: Painted with nail polish and a cut out flower. I liked the texture and shine of the nail polish.

Knots: Watercolour and orange-dyed hemp string. I learned a new knot doing this.

Strawberry: I've had this eraser about 15 years now, at least. It used to smell very strongly of strawberry, and for some reason the smell wouldn't go away. I've kept it around, said I'd keep it until it stopped smelling. Well, it finally did (or has at least faded so much you can barely smell it), so I thought it should be passed on. It's got a nice texture and it's very cute. Marker in the background.

Walk: Watercolour and newspaper collage. Get out of your car and feel the grass on your feet.

Building: (the white one) Building: You can, if you look closely, make out a quick sketch of a building in the background. A little glitter and some paper add to the back-alley look. It made me think of old downtown buildings. There's a sort of faery mystery to a lot of those old places, people ignore them, and so what goes on in them becomes a sort of fantasy. Of course you can't see any of this in the scan, so just take my word for it.

Shapes: I printed off a page that had the colour scheme for the project. All these shapes are taken from that page. It refers to the "Human Hand in the Digital Age" theme; taking a digitally created image and adding a human touch.

Queen: Face from a Botticelli print, tissue paper and marker.

Circle/Square: Foam and glitter glue.

Horse: This was made with scraps of foam, I only adjusted them a little. I got started with the basic shape and just added from there.

Leaf: Black felt. I cut out the shape without looking.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.