Sketchbook: Sketchbook of ultimate horror and d00m. - Page 20
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Sketchbook of ultimate horror and d00m.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    amazing work as usual man, that close up of the last chow you worked on made we wow out loud.
    Its always great to see some really confident and solid draftmanship, and you even managed to find a painting style(s) that goes so well with it! envy!

rock on!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MetalFingers - Thanks! =D
    Doctor Popcorn - Thanks dude
    Mike Butkus - Oh, its never effortless, I assure you. Drawing is hard for me! Im glad I can make it appear effortless however =) Thank you.
    Ragathol- Min gamle vn! Tack fr de snlla orden. Uppdatera mera! =D
    Byrd - Thanks dude! Streets of rage is so awesome =D
    B-man- Thanks =) I try.
    The Gnoll- Thank you my friend! You always manage to cheer me up =) Im glad that you like some of my stuff, and I respect you as an illustrator very much

Please feel free to criticize me! I yearn for criticism more than I do compliments and asspats. Please help me learn and grow by pointing out my weaknesses.

Sooooo, Ive made a concept drawing/sketch which is full of fail =( Feels good to fail though, lets me know Im doing something right. Here are some of the mistakes and things I learned from the process. The following comments go with the image below them.

-Treating the parts as parts instead of a whole. For example, I fully rendered the head while leaving the rest of the drawing in a sketch stage. This made it very difficult to let the image come together. All parts relate to each other.
    -Dont design at the rendering stage. It takes a lot of time, and is better left to the early sketchy stages.
    -Although I aimed to do a purely constructional drawing, having no intended expression or meaning rather than to show the design as a blueprint made me lose interest, and thus I had huge troubles feeling enthusiastic about the character and the design. I dont think clarity of concept must impose on the expression, unless of course making an orthographic view.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OKAY, IM DRUNK, AND itsmonday. awesome. I feel aneed to chronicle this feeling despitemyintoxication. Look, in the name of expression its important for me. I want to remember. Tonight i went out to a pub with a wonderful girl. Shes awesome and I digher alot. We listened to live jazz and I drew and talked. Welaughed a lot, and I think i djug deeper into existence. I felt the music, and undetrstood the musicians a bit more than i usually do. i couldsee the communiication, the verBS, and draw THEM. sure, the construction was horrible, but i felt their motion and purpose, the musicians. Its awesome. Kids, be cool, stay in school. Wonderful company, music I love, and drawing, thats,my fucKing purpose in life i THINK. Now its sleep and water. work tomorrow. i love my work and my co-workers. I respect them alot. Fuck you, and I love you. Word.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kaktuzlime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 941 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kaktuzlime View Post
    OKAY, IM DRUNK, AND itsmonday. awesome. I feel aneed to chronicle this feeling despitemyintoxication. Look, in the name of expression its important for me. I want to remember. Tonight i went out to a pub with a wonderful girl. Shes awesome and I digher alot. We listened to live jazz and I drew and talked. Welaughed a lot, and I think i djug deeper into existence. I felt the music, and undetrstood the musicians a bit more than i usually do. i couldsee the communiication, the verBS, and draw THEM. sure, the construction was horrible, but i felt their motion and purpose, the musicians. Its awesome. Kids, be cool, stay in school. Wonderful company, music I love, and drawing, thats,my fucKing purpose in life i THINK. Now its sleep and water. work tomorrow. i love my work and my co-workers. I respect them alot. Fuck you, and I love you. Word.
    It's good to be drunk sometimes, good luck tomorrow with hangover.

M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ive seen many drunken messages in my time, and no one seems to do it as well as that. Asides from some poor co-ordination in typing. That was awesome.

Excellent work good sir. Enjoy the hangover.

Andrew Porter - Andy - Phandy - PHATandy

www.phandy.co.uk

BLOG

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MatejaPetkovic- Thanks mate =) It worked out all right. Drinking lots of water before bed is a miracle cure
    PhatAndy- Thanks! I think that may have been the best thing I ever wrote =)
    Imaginary- Thanks =)

Sooo, a couple of fun things. The first one I did here at the office in one hour using the theme "alladin". I wanted to draw the evil Jaffar as a genie =) Poor abu =( Secon is a WIP. Thinking of making a series of these portraits. Please critique me =)

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaaaaaaand done =) also a little step by step. Hes got my personality I think =). I wish I had those sideburns.... Maybe I went overboard with the temperatures?

Peace.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first off, big fan.

as to the portrait: id say the nose is looking a bit too red, likewise you might want to add a lil red to the cheeks, minor blush effect would go well with the smile.

for the most part I think you just got to decide on what temperature your lighting is, ie: sunlight would give everything a lil yellow cast would would be on all of the clothing as well. Consequently it would help unify the tones... and also let you really define those shadows....

hope that helps a lil bit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smokenmirrors For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think smokenmirrors said it perfectly, Id tone play down the tones on the nose while bringing some more reds and pinks into the cheek areas. Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SmokenMirrors- Thank you very much for taking the time! Great advice. I tried to fix it, what do you think?
    Metal Fingers- Yeah, that smokenMirrors sure is something special Thanks!

Update with critique in mind. Better?

and a sketch.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You got a nice comic style! I would love to see more of your life drawings / pencil studies like the ones of 2008.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I absolutely love all your work in here, the style, the colors, the characters, really great work. Will defiantly check your sketchbook out again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    now youre making me blush. but yeah, its working great to my eyes fosho!
    lovin the shapes on the next one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MidKnight523- Thanks!
    Soros- Thanks dude. Im not wuite sure I understand what youre after. I personally feel Ive grown alot since then. But maybe theres some sort of quality you feel that I had then that maybe Ive neglected lately? What do you find appelaing from those old lifedrawings?
    jskotte- thank you. Im glad you like some of the stuff I do =)
    SmokenMirrors- Thanks brother!

so, A new thang I did for a friend as a moving in to a new apartment gift. I dont know if she liked it, the "thanks" seemed kinda forced to me, and then she put it where it could hardly be seen... =( but I had fun doing it! =)

Peace and Love!

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    always something fresh to see
    have a good one
    -Jamie

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your drawing is really, really, really good.You seem to have all your gesture drawing skills done, with all those curves and straight, overlaps and the such.
    Really love the more graphic approach you take in the work like the last one, but again, you paint goood too so

thanks for sharing as usual, even f its drunken messages

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ohh,time for a subscription. love your pencil stuff.
    edit: to be specific,the way you stylize your anatomy,especially in females. energy,expression,cartoon yummyness. what do you do for a living?
    skitkul!

Last edited by Carnifex; April 25th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Omerta- Thanks Jamie! I try Take care now
    TheGnoll- Thank you brother By no means do I feel finished, or that "Ive arrived" at any aspect of my drawing. I do feel however that gesture, flow, and shape design are soooo important, that its the area where I tend to focus my efforts. Im glad it shows =) For me the big challenges ahead involve becoming a better actor, and maybe some more anatomy. Ive neglected anatomy studies for a long while to make time/room for gesture etc. I think that druken message might have been the best thing I ever wrote
    Carnifex- Thanks dude! Ive co-founded a small game development studio in Sweden, together with some veterans from the swedish gaming industry (Guys from DICE (Battlefield 1942) and Massive Entertainment(World in Conflict)). Here I do concept art, and textures mainly. Im largely responsible for the visual look of the player characters our game "MilMo". BUt Im kind of a 2D generalist, doing lots of stuff like Interface design, Web Design and icons. Some 3D too =) Keep an eye out for our game on facebook this summer www.milmogame.com
    Spa (?)

Aaaand a couple of sketches here. Ill probably create one more character, more focused on speed and technique as a fightingstyle.

Peace and Love!

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like those last two characters dude, love the difference in their builds and personality. Good luck with that game you're working on dude, can't wait to see more stuff!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Mmm, those female gesture sketches... I love them Just like your other stuff before.
    Looking at your sketchbook is always joyful to me .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some great updates on this page. Everything is outstanding but I especially like the big barbarian character with the giant sword in the last post. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maaan those sketches make me wanna cry me a river. Especially the character on the right is freaking fucking awesome. Such nice clean and soft linework. That's the way to do it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jasper: Thanks mate! =D
    shiNIN: Thank you very much friend. Im glad to be able to entertain =)
    Traveler: Thanks a ton! =D
    PlaceBoast: Thanks buddy I still have a loooong way to go with my lines, especially the digital ones. I find I have to work them over so many times to get any kind of quality, and that takes too much time for me. In the other hand, I wouldnt gladly spend my time doing anything but drawing

Sooo. Long absence. Sorry bout that. Lots of fun, exciting and great things going on her eat the office. Cant wait till our game is released on facebook. It will surely shake the foundations of the game industry =D Im so proud

I will be attending the Made workshop in berlin! WooohooOOO! Had to take a loan to make it, and now I, living on bread and water, well not quite, but almost. I know its worth it. Looking forward to seeing any of you who might be attending. Ill be staying at the Heart of Gold hostel, arriving early on the 17th of June. Perhaps theres someone willing to buy me a beer if I share some of my drawing secrets?

Take Care!

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great works!!!! love the rendering on this char.Very nice stylized faces mate.
    keep up sharing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Answer: It's not a lack of skills. I just prefer the pencils as they show the truth of the drawn lines. Digital painting and drawing is most a paint over and over and over of colour parts (no more lines) and I prefer the describing and reducing of the seen reality more (instead of caricature/comics). It was only a wish

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    awww your characters have so much expression, awesome awesome awesome. ARRRGHHHHHHH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *ding*
    I have a new artist to list among my favourites!
    the stylization is awesome, just how I like it, and the neat and solid work of colouring goes along in the best way! i guess I'll take a lot of references here, so thanks for the #578 working steps too

ciaoz

Woah, I have a site too! (Crappy multilanguage option implemented, and a tad old in the drawing field)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KingKostas- Thanks buddy =) I try!
    Surus- I get what youre getting at =) Lines are very beautiful. I however feel an urgent need to practice describing forms not using lines. Perhaps when Im more comfortable with tone Ill venture further into using lines. Thanks for the comment
    Metal_Fingers- Thanks mate I try to pour myself into them. Glad it shows! I need to work on my acting a lot though.
    Kerion- Thanks mate =) Glad you like 'em. Ill happily post WIPs of any of my pieces. They just tend to be so very chaotic. I find myself rarely sticking to any specific steps. Good to establish local values and lighting direction early on though =)

2 faces rendered. 4 others drawn. I want to create 9 of them for my portfolio. Kinda sketch-rendering level.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5