OK!, finished piece.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OK!, finished piece.

Its me again!

Your all time fave mess up

Here is a new pic i just finished~ You all said my previous looked smudgy..
    so here's one where I didnt even use airbrush this is 100%photoshop.
    No smudge, No blur, No level/color edits,No Airbrush.
    Just 100% sweet brushyness.

His proportions are a-bit off, his muscles seem to be very .. big and they show to much =/ I got lazy on the belt and pants.. so they look very half-arsed.
    eeh.. the gun.. well I'm proud over the gun since i've never really drawn a projectile weapon before. .. any other crits you wanna share?

OK!, finished piece.

Be nice and dont try to make a fool out of me, please~

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Redo the mouth dude, at first I couldn't tell if it was a guy or girl.

Looks good for the most part. I'm not sure about the right nipple placement?

- BLADES

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yes, i agree with BLADES. the mouth needs either less definition of lips or redness. also on the gun, check out like references of guns and try to impliment it into your image. nice work on it though, i know how hard it is to draw them in perspective.. i've tried oh so many times and failed. haha

real nice paint though. the colors are sweet. how long did it take you to do it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Add the other arm in. I know you're thinking that it's behind so it doesn't need to, but it'd be a better peice if you put it in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Put a sports bra and make it a her, powerful chick. Guns need more metal and strength, don't be afraid to use line.

~M

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, didn't read the post and just scrolled down. My first reaction:

"Where did her boobies go?"

Even his pose is quite femenine. I agree with Mark, cut your losses and stick some yum-yums on him .

(lol yum-yums... that's a new one for me...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGamer
    yes, i agree with BLADES. the mouth needs either less definition of lips or redness. also on the gun, check out like references of guns and try to impliment it into your image. nice work on it though, i know how hard it is to draw them in perspective.. i've tried oh so many times and failed. haha

real nice paint though. the colors are sweet. how long did it take you to do it?
    I like the mouth =/ its sortof.. semi-gay or something.. I still like it <_<; it matches with the color selection.
    This took me 6~7hours.

Quote Originally Posted by markwagner
    Put a sports bra and make it a her, powerful chick. Guns need more metal and strength, don't be afraid to use line.

~M
    -_- NO! its a guy, and it looks like a guy to me :| A femenin one but still a guy!.

Thanks for the advice on the gun~

Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville
    Heh, didn't read the post and just scrolled down. My first reaction:

"Where did her boobies go?"

Even his pose is quite femenine. I agree with Mark, cut your losses and stick some yum-yums on him .

(lol yum-yums... that's a new one for me...)
    .. no I'll draw a girl next time~
    Quote Originally Posted by asoir
    Add the other arm in. I know you're thinking that it's behind so it doesn't need to, but it'd be a better peice if you put it in.
    I totally agree =/ but.. tired.. lazy.. uuuugh.. might add it tomorrow ;/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehehe, y'gotta note that even though feminine guys will have girly lips, they usually don't look like they have lipstick on. It's okay to go for that kind of thing, but I think maybe you could've done so in a way other than making the lips red. His left eye (from his left) I think has too much white. Really stands out. And yes, the muscles are over-defined. Try not to create a large contrast between dark and light in places where you don't want things to pop. The hair's a bit too stringy, and to be honest the pants...kind of don't look like pants.

Try to remember we only say these things to help, aight?

There is good news, though! I think this is a big improvement from the last piece of yours I critiqued. I'm very fond of the gun and the pose for the most part. Definitely try another one like this again.

Even though you wouldn't want me to, I'd also critique the character design, if there were enough to critique. When it comes to a design that works with this sort of masculine, aggressive, bare chest and pants design, it's usually mostly left up to how the accessories, pants, hair and eyes all work together to make a cohesive character...only one arm is missing and I can't see the lower half of the pants, so. Anyway, just keep workin', thar!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gender issues aside, the torso has lots of made up muscles there. The serratus magnus, what on this guy looks like you have socketed into the abs, is supposed to end before the rib cage ends and you have them going down into his pants. The pecs are too disk like, the should merge with the deltoing but instead you have thme petering off into blotchiness.

The colors need a greater variation of warm and cool tones.

But good job on perspective attempt...better than I can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Chris, I'm just now able to see this, but it looks like you've already gotten a lot of good advice and valid comments. My addition would be to set yourself in this pose and take a digital picture (I think you said your camera was out, so you can still substitute a mirror and take good mental notes). If you actually want to learn anatomy, you're going to need to see how the body really moves and understand how the muscles are arranged below the skin (and realize that they actually are below the skin).

The gun, too, is generic. It's a lot like when you draw trees: if you don't draw a specific tree (or fully understand about trees), it will really show.

From a painting standpoint, using bigger brushes for much longer will pay huge dividends. It might also be better to get a better handle on anatomy with a more comfortable media and paint something simpler before mixing the two (it's easier and folks generally learn faster that way).

Glad to see you didn't give up on the Critique Center.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Either give it shoulder a chin and a haircut and lose the lipstick, or add tits and hips

Strange coincidence that every man whose skull has been opened had a brain.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.