Sketchbook: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread! New images every week! - Page 8

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey lorenzo, that bullettime short-animation Would deff work!
    well anyways, keep em coming. love it all.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is all lovely work! Well done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Hemant! Pal, thank you so much for your kind words, so glad this stuff is your kind of thing, and that it inspires you in your own work, that's really cool. Personally, I find most of the work on this site to be of extremely high quality and concept, but I agree there should be more comic stuff in here. I guess some of the comic book guys are a little intimidated of posting because frankly the bar is so high in CA, I know I was! I find I learn more through looking through the threads on this site than anywhere else, it's incredible!

Oshadeo! Yeah, man, damn right! Will do pal, oh, and talking of movies, be sure to check back for the next post....!

Hey JMcWilliams! Thank you soooo much! Mucho appreciated, friend! Hope you continue to enjoy the posts!

Well, the MOON! wheels roll on, and I've moved from the free-form style sketch work you've seen up until now to more focused designs aimed specifically at characters/environments/vehicles/machines & ships for season 1. Although it'll take a while for this to filter through to this thread, I thought I'd post up a little head-shot which should give you an idea of the style/finish of the new stuff. Can't tell you much about this fellah, as he's yet to be green lit by my bro as a character for the series, but I hope you enjoy checking this out anyways!

Oh, and this is the 99th separate image I've posted in this thread, so to celebrate number 100, I've got something RATHER special coming for you next! Boy, I ain't kidding!! Keep checking in guys!!

Lorenzo!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Lorenzo!,

These pencils are fantastic! Just found this thread and I'm a subscriber.
    Love the design for Hush (in fact all the characters), so cute and poley (roley). Great work and I don't know if someone else mentioned, but there is a Mucha-ish quality in the style of the drawings. So fresh and fluid. This thread is going in my study folder.
    I can feel the joy you get out of creating your work, very inspiring positive energy.

P.S. Thanks for the Photoshop tut. helped a LOT! Always eager to know folk's approaches to things art-related.
    Asta luego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Interview

Hey Lorenzo,

Loving your work dude, very very cool. Nice quality to everything and it's really great to see good, fun comic work, there's way too much of that dark, 'angst-ridden', 'I'm-gonna-kill-everyone' stuff out there.

Just to let all the folks on this forum know that Lorenzo did an interview on the best Podcast out there, Indie Spinner Rack. If you head over to www.indiespinnerrack.com and find show #46 there's an hour long interview with Lorenzo. And while you're at it check out ALL the episodes of this Podcast, Charlito and Mr Phil interview many creators of independent comics and the show itself is just great entertainment, many hilarious moments there.

Kev

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with everyone, your artwork is really awesome and have such movement. Please show more and thanks alot for sharing

Check Us Out!!!

Unbreakable

zao75231

couplandrob.daportfolio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Absolutely Brilliant! I wish you and your crew nothing but unfettered success.
    Don't mean to wax poetic here but...I wonder what it would have been like to see Nemo in Slumberland launch or some other brilliant comic...and here you are with your projects. Damn, I hope its nothing but a wildfire phenomenon from here. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey! lorenzo
    i am interesting in your work. perfect !
    expecting your another artwork.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey CA guys! Woah! Look at all these posts! Man, that's soooooo coolio!!

Aztcfireflower! Ah! So glad you've enjoyed discovering this thread!! I'd like to think it's growing to become a good source of comicbook fun, but there's a long way to go yet! Very cool that you dig Hush, that big green fellah's gonna be making quite a few appearances in the next few weeks, and yeah, Mucha rocks!!! More tutorials on the way, too, stick around, friend! Thanks for the post!

Hey KevinR! Pal, thank you soooo much for the Indiespinner shout, yeah, it's an AWESOME site, Charlito and mister Phil are just the funniest guys ever! I'll be posting the poster I produced for the show up here real soon for those of you who haven't seen it yet. Oh, and thanks on digging the fun element of our tales, pal, I'm with you on the who "dark comics" thing, comicbooks should be a laugh, IMHO!!

Hey Zao!! Thank you!!! You want more, huh? Coming right up, pal!

Hey Helzon! Yeah, I often think what it must have been like to witness the release of a true classic comic/story book, like the Eagle or something, but I think often people don't know how huge something will become when it first gets released, only time makes it a real "classic", I suppose. We shall see what happens with MOON! Hoho! Thanks as ever for posting, good buddy!

ISABLE!! Mucho Grasis, pal! So glad you likey, and yes, I will indeed post LOTS more for ya'!

So, I return!! Well, you know what they say, folks, the best laid plans of mice and monkeys and all that, needless to say, this is my 100th images posting here in the ole' Blink thread (well, technically 100th and 101st), and as such, I had hoped to bring you guys something rather special to celebrate. Thus, I spent a few late nights putting together a cheeky little m-m-movie style imovie trailer for MOON! I had it all ready this weekend, but, frankly, I've not been satisfied with the quality of the web-hosting I had planned for the piece, so have had to put it's release on hold for now. Sorry! Rather than hold up this thread any longer, I figured you folks would rather I just got on with the daily postings, and I'll do my best to get this little gem up on line for you asap!

Here, then, (to prove that I DID do it!!!) is my planned link image, and a few screen grabs, hope you likey, and here's to the next 100!! Cheers!

Lorenzo!

STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread! New images every week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love it, great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work...I like the style!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ramonsk8! Thank you pal!!

Venli! Mucho Grasias!! Hope you enjoy the rest of the week's posts!

Okay, so as anyone who read KevinR's comment on Friday will know, a little while ago we did an interview on the AWESOME INDIE SPINNER RACK with the boss-man Charlito. The good news is you can now listen to it on-line! Wanna know about the release plans for MOON!? How about the origins of Malcolm? Or maybe you're more interested in the future of One Night in the City? Listen, if you will, to me and the C man discuss all this and much, MUCH more in this special UK Invasion Blink Twice special! Woot!

The show is RIGHT HERE, though you should really listen to as many of the other 'casts as you can, 'cos this is truely a great station. Enjoy!

Here's the poster that the Indiespinner guys asked us to do to advertise the UK Invasion 2-part special:

Last edited by Lorenzo!; September 12th, 2006 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay guys, for those of you who think I never do anything sketchy, here's a shot of the pencils from the last piece, along with some muckety-muck shots of my Thumbnail and rough sketch! Holy smudgy pencils, Batman! Note that there was originally also a forth MOON! buggy in the piece, which I pulled out of the final lay up.

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work as usual man...

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Shad! Thank you so much, pal! More newies coming up...!

So, here's a detail from the Indie Spinner Rack poster. I'm posting this at bigger-than-big size, as I wanted to show the benefits of using pencil lines as opposed to inked lines in the pages of MOON! My inking, having always been a bit shaky, has never blown up very well. That, and the fact that it is essentially pixelated more by the cleaning process than pencils. So, I though I'd show you this detail of the Indie spinner pic, much larger (in terms of screen size) than the original artwork. I think it blows up pretty good! Plus, it may even be big enough that those of you who are inclined to put this stuff up on your bedroom/studio/office/toilet walls can get a good A4 print off it. Or use it as a wallpaper right on your desktop! Lovely!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waaaaaaaaay cool !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thats awesome finish from rough sketch. I likes way you coloring....

BPA

My journey just begins. When my time come, I'll be like everybody else like here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Frixon!!! Mucho Grasias, pal!!

Blue Pencil!! Thank you so much, yeah, I usually keep my roughs pretty simple, just using the layout as the guide for the final pencils. Thanks for the kind words, buddy!

Well, here we are then, the weekend calls, and I'm off to see my bro, Bob, and our webmaster general Marky this weekend!! With all the Blink boys together for a few days you just KNOW the ideas are gonna fly, so I'm looking forward to diving into that ole' Blink melting pot! In the meantime, I wanted to post another pencils panel from MM11. This shot exemplifies just why I consider Bob's writing to be absolutely perfect! When I read a script that describes a single panel with an 11-stage sequence of Reggy, Chester and Fikov fighting with Sebastian the Bat for Dang's Whirdly Staff whilst on the back of Kenneth, the other Bat, flying precariously over the rooftops of Happy Hippy Dale, I just think: THIS is what comics are about! Here's to you bro! You're a genius, keep this mad stuff coming, there's nothing I'd rather draw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A couple of ONITC web flyers here, one using a panel you've seen before, the other using a new 'un. The full colour version of the second image can be seen over at ONE NIGHT IN THE CITY, along with all the other panels so far in sequence, of course.

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I said that before, but Im going to say that again.....
    I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy loveeeeeeeeeeeee your art and style.....
    Truely Inspiring mann.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Hitman! Thank you soooo much, pal! Very much appreciated!!! Cheers!

Well folks, I been off inking pages from MM11 the past couple o' days, here's one of them, filmed in "So-damned-much-going-on-I-can't-figure-out-WHAT'S-going-on-o-vision". Hoho!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is some fun ass stuff dude....please...don't stop..lol..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey lorenzo, how many people are working on this amazing output?
    great inspiring work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love looking through this thread wich is filled with beautifull images and inspiration
    but I thought this time to give you an honest crit, well more an
    opinion. When I browse through your images, it's obvious you know what you're
    doing and you have a great sense of design but sometimes I feel certain
    images are too crowded. Which makes it hard to see what's going on,
    especially in the ones without depth or some black and white ones ( maybe
    the lack of color is a factor there.. ) Therefore the focal point is not allways clear.
    I know I'm takling a rather difficult area cause much has to do with style here and
    I'm not sure myself how you could incorporate the things I adressed without loosing that.
    ( simplefy = risks loosing style...)

( I didn't read through the whole thread so I'm sorry if this has been adressed
    before)

Keep doing the great work

Tom

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Bryan!! Hoho! Thank you so much pal, don't worry, no chance of us stopping for a while yet!

Arne S! Hey man! Well, the full team is 3; Mark Clements is in charge of all our website design and maintanence; my brother Robin creates and writes all our stories and letters all the comics; and I produce all the art. Small, but well formed as far as teams go, I hope! Thanks for the interest, pal!

Hey Art Addict! No, man, you're totally right about the confusing elements of the Black and White stuff in particular. I think it's partly due to my style, but also due to the fact I don't use any real heavy shadow or light/dark contrast in my inking. To be honest, my line work on it's own is okay, and my colour work on it's own is okay, but together, I think they really help to focus the more confusing elements of my pages, and make them more readable. Taht's one of the main reasons we're doing MOON! as a full colour title. In the meantime, though, there are a few black and white pages still to be done in the last issues of Malcolm, so I'll do my best to make 'em less muddled! Cheers, pal!

Now then, after the confusing nature of Friday's piece, here's one that's a little more straight forward, albeit with some elements of the image missing! Here's the Gullivans getting a bit of a shock whilst in the middle of a nice little sit-down meal! Meow! Sound effects and some vector-based action lines will eventually go into the final inks to make this pic complete, but for now, I hope you enjoy the pencils!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In response to the 'too-crowded' criticism, and in addition to Lorenzo's good reply, I think one also has to remember that these pages are all taken out of context when they're posted here. Individually they are cool but in reality they form a collection of pieces to make up each comic issue, which generally (and I'm not a comic expert) have a variey of easy-flow and dense-subject panels. In a way, I would feel that as the story goes on, those heavily-packed scenes which individually may seem confusing are great eye candy when they vary the rhythm of the storytelling in the context of consecutive pages. Whether the majority of panels are small or large, those big, crammed scenes are alot of fun for slowing the reader down and getting them to look at intense detail which you can't put into most panels for risk of not having any story flow at all.

But that's just me!

Great work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blimey dude, that black and white one with the dots is heavy going. lush, but heavy. i am now back in the land of isenbard kindom-brunel and other stuff that bristol is known for that i cant think of and am living in a tiny tiny flat, so any opportunity to run away and find out where you live and nick you're talent would be amazing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to respond to Lord Edwin. I understand the point that you're trying
    to make and I agree for the most part. Still, I think you can make
    crowded, interesting looking images while still preserving the ideas of focus and eye - movement. It doesn't have to be just one way.

Anyway Lorenzo, don't stop updating this delicious thread !
    It is packed with inspiration for us all !

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Point taken! My opinion is that there's a place for both well-directed and all-over images, most especially in the variety of a comic where the style is consistent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To back up J-man, i am also back in Brizzle, but in a large house in hotwells, it's lovely, like everyone round here is illustrators or artists. ARTCOREE!!!!111
    heh.
    Seriously man, i'll prob hit you with a PM see if you wana meet up and sketch again. Maybe commercial rooms this time...
    Loving your work. I'd love to see some statuettes guys. Love the picture of you sporting that T-shirt.
    -B-

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 56