Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Slopii! Haha! That Brighton con was great fun, and hey, don't worry about saying you were buying 'em for the pics, that's how most people get into new comics, I just hope upon reading you came to enjoy the adventures too! Glad this thread is giving you an interesting insight into the concept-process, and thank you for saying you dig the style! More every week...!

Faradoon! Man, that sounds like a BAAAAAAD day to me!! Getting teeth pulled is no laughing matter, eh? Sorry to hear about that, man, hopefully by now they're not hurting so much! Glad the new stuff made you smile (although painfully!) I really enjoy doing those pics with one character in the middle surrounded by tons of evil-looking viiains. Great fun! More strange creatures today, in fact, hope you dig! Cheers buddy!

Hey-hey, e338! Thanks for coming in here and letting me know you enjoy the thread, pal, really appreciate that! It always gives me a buzz to hear of people who take the time to return on a regular basis, as that's part of why I try to keep this thread constantly changing and regularly updated. Many thanks for the support!

Jeff! Haha! That's a great response, cheers!!

Kamikazeeeeeee-bob! Pal, Thank you!! A big part of what we try to do with this stuff is install a sense of fun in the creative process, glad to hear that's translating to the page. Cheers, man! More on the way!

Hey folks! Well, I been away for a while, mainly due to web-based problems, time to get back to a more regular fix of Blinky nonsense!

First up, a little promo piccie I knocked to celebrate the fact that we're in this month's copy (issue 17) of the excellent British mag IMAGINE FX! Nice!

Secondly, a huge thank you to everyone who voted for Malcolm in the first round of the Huge 2007 Eagle awards, the UK's main comics awards ceremony. We're very excited to now be in the final shortlist for "Best B &W Comic - British". All you need to do to try and help us grab that golden trophy is visit the Eagle Awards website before 22nd April, add your email address, then scroll down to category 13: "Award for Favourite Black and White Comic book - British". Tick the MALCOLM MAGIC box and click the 'submit' button at the bottom of the page. I hope you can help the funny bunny scoop the prize, but please don't do multiple votes under the same email, as they will get disqualified. Cheers, folks!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread! New images every week!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ho-kay, it's a vehicular-themed one today, for all you petrol-heads and grease-monkeys out there. Fist up, is a VERY late Easter pic. I actually drew this out for Easter LAST year, but never had a chance to finish colouring it. Regular forum-ers will recognise this as the camera caddy car from a T-shirt design I knocked up a while back. Well, once again I missed posting it up for Easter, and if I don't do it this year, it'll never go up, as there's already enough dubious life drawing of Ratt and Teron there to make me cringe a little (note in particular that Ratt's tail completely disappears in panel 3!) HAHA! So here it is, in it's semi-coloured form, hope you enjoy...

Next up, a tiny-tiny concept I did even longer ago of the main method of transport for Ratt and Teron within the 1st season of MOON! My intention has always been to build this machine up at full scale, possibly for shows, but really just so that I can run around town in it thinking I'm a dood. Well, back at the Blink Manor these past few weeks, the wheels of Kustomisation have finally been set in motion, and the old girl's starting to come together. A long way to go yet, but here's a couple of pics for those of you who wonder what I'm doing when I'm not scribbling the ole' funny pages. That's Mr Etherington Senior in one of those shots, the greatest dad in the world!

Cheers, folks, more in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Hey Lorenzo
    Man, no matter how bad I feel some days, when I open this thread, is like a happiness shot! Again, I just love everything in here.

When I saw the crumpled brown paper images, I just sat there with a massive smile on my face, nodding my head. Inspirational!

Thanks
    Lovely easter cartoon!

And that car looks cool..
    www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Great thread!!! Thanks for keeping this one going, you guys produce great work.
    2011 Sketchbook

New Helzon's SB R.I.P. Mike

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" -Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Awesome stuff big busy fellah. Car is looking great. See you in a few months
    -B-

Thanks
    ooh a car. what's happening to it?

Thanks
    Hey Kian!! Thank you so much for those great words, buddy!! Seriously appreciated! It's great to know this thread makes you smile, that's awesome! Glad you dug the ole' crumpled paper sketches, there'll be more of such layup ideas in the coming months, I hope you enjoy them! Cheers, pal, more silliness on the way!

Art Addict! Thank you dude, yeah, that Easter sequence was fun to draw, cool that you likey! More form the car as well soon as I progress...

Hey-hey, Lone Wolf! Pal, thank YOU for stopping by and letting me know you enjoy it, keeps me going to get posts like that, cheers!! LOTS more on the way!

Badger-man!!! Thank you sooooo much bro! Sorry to have had to rain-check on this month's meet, too...many...comics! Look forward to the next one, pal!

Jame-oooo! Hey pal! Man, EVERYTHING! lots to be done yet, but it'll be shaved, bagged, chopped and treated to a rather coolio interior by the time I'm done. Oh, and you just KNOW I won't be able to resist putting a little art on it either, huh? Haha! Will update as it moves on! Cheers!

So, for those of you who have met us at a show, or chatted in here, you'll know there's one question we always ask: "You are coming to Bristol, right?" And there's good reason for this, as The Bristol Comic Expo is certainly the biggest show of it's type here in the UK, and it's got a special place in the hearts of team Blink, not least since I live in this ole' town! The best news of course is that it's now just a few weeks away, and boy are we gonna have some new stuffs for ya'! More on all the rest soon, but for now, I wanted to show you the cover of the new MOON! Sketch book we'll be releasing for the show. Regular readers will know the drill: These mini-format beauties are a limited edition (75) and are FREE with every £10 spent at the Blink stand over the weekend of the 12th-13th May, then they're gone for good!

Yikes!

More soon, space cadets!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    It took me a while to go throu this thread, but man, it was worth it 'till the last page.. You have some amazing skills! Great lineworks, colors and character designs are all over this thread!

I hope you will be a very old man in this life, so, we can continue to enjoy this artwork for a very long time!

Very nice!!

BANNED_For_POOPY_PANTS Guest
    Absolutely f-----g incredible!

Thanks
    Dear God, what IS this majesty?

It's like a concentrated dose of giggles and sunshine (depending on whether or not the strength of the sunbeams are proportionate to the inflation rate of today's giggletude, but that's not the point), and every page of art just slams be back on the seat of my chair. Sometimes the force is so great that it breaks the very stool that I sit on; and trust me when I say that you owe me enough chairs to fund a full semester at my college!

This thread has been bookmarked and shall be frequented.

It's like drinking unicorn giggles!

Thanks
    Hey MichealM! Pal, thank you for taking the time to go through all this stuff, that's great! I'm glad it proved to be an enjoyable ride, and I will indeed keep scribbling for as long as I can, so I hope you'll be able to check back in for mor! Cheers, pal, thanks for the encouragement!

JonathanS! Haha! Cheers!

B-B-BUBS! Hee! What a great message! Very glad this thread is making you smile, that's the whole point of all this silliness, and a post like that makes me wann keep posting as often as I can! Thank you soooo much, not sure if today's will blow you off your chair, but I hope at least it will make you chuckle! Thank you!

So, here's a fun one for ya!

With the launch of VIPER's Sasquatch Anthology just a few weeks away, we wanted to give you another look into the creative process that went into this first ever MOON! international release.

I thought I'd give you a break-down of a full-set reveal of soundstage two during the filming of "It Came From Over There!". As I've spoken in the past several times about the technical side of my drawing/colouring process, I wanted to talk this time about the concept of a pic like this, and how I try to use the environmental detailing to tell more about the situation/world the story is set in. I hope this is of interest to some folks, and if not, just ignore my prattle and check out the scribblings.

Hope you enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    woop woop, thanks so much for continuing to give a little insight into the proccess of creating these crazy pics, theyre super inspirational-Im always amazed at the detail in your pics-keep on kiking ass

Thanks
    Juicy, I just took Far too long ready through, and now I'm late to class...

Thanks
    Long time no see! Hell yeah, thanks for the update, Lorenzo. I enjoyed looking at the Easter egg... nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo!
    More strange creatures today, in fact, hope you dig! Cheers buddy!
    I do. Thanks a lot for the time you spend for answering my posts

Time to leave, I have to learn for my final examination as a businessman

So far, see you soon!

Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 ... LastLast