Sketchbook: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread! New images every week! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread! New images every week!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    o my... now were talking gee those curves on the trees make me feel safe and enclosed HEHE!! sweet...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Bhud! Thanks, man! Yeah, you're right about that MOON! piece, looking at it again I totally see what you're saying. I'll do an updated version with a better contrasting b'ground. Thanks for you feedback, pal! More for ya' every week!

Hey Form! Hoho! You knows it, bud! It's outside, yet feels like we're inside! Thanks, man!

So, the MOON! wheels roll on, and I thought you guys may like to see a few of the smudgey character designs I've been sketching out. Today's is not a primary character, more a broad character feel experiment. Having not had to draw more than a couple of female characters in Malcolm during the entire run so far, it's looking like MOON!'s gonna be awash with "da ladies", as my man Strongbad might say. So, I'd better get scribbling!

Back on Friday, with something of an exciting exclusive!!! Yeah!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why does she have 4 ears?? WHAT CRAZY PLANET IS THI....oh... moooon... right.

I reckon really accentuate her hair - make it even boofier, ive seen some really cool females around lately with dreadlocked hir tied up in big bundles, give her little cords and feathers stickin' out!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

These are so good. i love the colors, the environments, the curves.....

it's great!!!!

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the colours are perfect in the moon pics...great feel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kinda seems more like your plugging your comic than showing art. If you could reverse that, it would be great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... look how much art he has posted. Shoo, you. Its his own business and he is proud of the work theyr doing. Aint nothing wrong with that.

I like ur avatar, btw bammer... did you paint that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Shelly! Thanks so much! Your kind words are really encouraging!

Asoir! Wow! That you so much! I'm really working to try to get a distinctive pallete with MOON!, so that's a great compliment! Thank you for posting!

Hey Bammer! This is a good point, man. I made a concious descision a year after I graduated not to undertake commisions or commercial work, because it just felt like my heart and my passion wasn't in that stuff. So, with my brother (who creates and writes our stories) I started producing comic books. If all the posts are based around our comics, it's because that's all we do! Hoho! I understand that some of the webflyers feel a little like adverts, but that isn't really the intention, I'm just taking a bit of time to present the images in a more professional manner, rather than just posting an un-cropped original into the forum. Hope you check back in in a few months to see just how much art I'm posting in these forums, pal! And thanks for your views!

Hey Form! Good feedback on the girl's hair, I really like the idea of all bit and pieces in there! Will get on that in a later sketch! And thanks for fighting my corner! Really appreciate that! Hope you dig today's stuff, pal!

So, it's Friday, and as such I'm feeling more than a little excited about a nice long weekend. However, a bank holiday here in the UK means I won't be posting on Monday. Fear not though, friends, as I'll instead be treating you all to TWO postings today! Here's the first, a page from Malcolm Magic issue 9. What? No words?! I hear you guys, and don't worry, you'll be getting a nice slab of my brother's "unique" dialogue with a 4-page MM09 sequence reeeeeal soon! Hoho! Stay tuned, folks, and try to figure out how the guys are gonna get out of this one! No, the dragon CAN'T fly, well, not during this scene anyway (he's got a cold)!

All the best!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great colors and style. really diggin this stuff =)

polylover.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the level of composition is so extremely up there
    it's like.. bingo!

awesome stuff guys, flawless

Honest love makes one's soul a reflection of the partner's mood.

No sleep - More draw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OOH OOH I KNOW!!! he breathes fire, melts the snow, creating a safe river for the boys to fall into!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys! Thanks for your kind feedback! I'll respond properly on Tuesday, but for now I'm just nipping into the cafe here to post this, more next week...

Okey-dokey! So, as promised, here's the last post of the week from me. A poster we did for the Bristol comics expo (held in two weeks time) here in bear old Bristol. We're good friends with Mike Allwood, the organisor of said show, and his boundless, amazing enthusiasm and energy for this show make it our favorite of the season each year. Anyone fancying coming to check out the show need just follow the link HERE and check out all the great stuff going on. And hey, if you come along, be sure to pop by the Blink Twice stand and say hey, chat about comics, or just check out our stuff!

So why does that bear look so ANGRY...?

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your style.

altarstudio.com
    I put my work on the altar, it's my gift to the world
    Mayshing's Journey sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, really nice stuff! The only problem I have with some of the pieces I've seen is just that htey are kind of busy-looking and hard to read. This could easily be solved with a little more planning color-wise. Massing entire areas in shadow, using light to create focus, etc. Right now everything seems to be rendered to the same level of detail and light-to-dark across the canvas, which confuses the eye because it wants to stop and look at EVERYTHING...

The linework is beautiful though, and the colors complimant it really nicely, its just a matter on working on lighting and rendering, which should be pretty simple once you put some thought into it....

-Sean

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Mayshing! Thank you!!!

Sean! Man, that's some really good advice, thank you! Yeah, I absolutely see what you're saying, and the colours are something I'm really focusing on at the moment, so will defiately use your suggestions! Great! Thank you, glad you dig the work, too!

Okay, so this week there's gonna be an exciting mixed bag of nuts coming at you guys, with brand spanking new images every day (as usual!). So sit back, relax, and I hopr you enjoy the madness!

First up, some more MOON! environmental concept stuff, today in the form of a curious little floating plantation. As ever, there's tons of writing about these strange worlds and their eco-systems by my Brother, Bob, the series creator/writer/all-seeing-eye, but all that will be revealed in the pages of the comic. For now, just check out the scribbles!

More tomorrow, fellow monkeys!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is it too early for an 'art of' book?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff all around!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man.........so good, .....just right up my alley for the stuff i like ......looking forward to more!!! YES, MORE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff! I'm digging the look...really reminds me Alphonse Mucha.

You'll do well, keep at er!

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love this style of yours! Fun, fresh and incredibly inviting in an active 'come and play' way.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Cheers!
    D

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OOOoooooOOOOooo all this stuff is so interesting, really nice colours too. My fav are the One Night In The City pieces. hey your based in UK too, always nice to see. Show US MORE....please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wowza! Look at all this kind feedback! That's toally made my day, guys!

Form! Hoho! You a mind reader, man?! There already is an "art of" companion called the MOON! Space Log! It's a little book, at 68 pages, and is only available here in the UK, but fear not! Each issue of MOON! will be ram-packed with the kind of extras that would make most DVD's feel sheepish! So it's all on the way, buddy! Thanks as ever for your support, man!

Nicolas! Thank you so much, pal!

Cincev! Man, glad you're into the style/feel of the work! More, huh? You got it, friend...!

Otherside! Mucha! That's a real compliment! Thank you! And hey, you got Calvin on your Avater, which makes you BEYOND coolio! Yeah!

Redehlert! That's a great summing up of what I hope we're putting accross! Thank you so much! Happy to show, D!

And Prophet! Hey fellow Uk-er! Hoho! Thanks, bud, more? You got it! Glad you like the One Night in the City stuff, as it's a real diversion for me, and I'm having a ball learning as I go with it. Speaking of which...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great style! but it could be a little more clear, always need time to understand the picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet! ill grab a copy when im in london if i can

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reminds me of Little Nemo in that dreamlike way.Nice stuff man.
    Thanks for showing.

When I was young, I could do all-nighters in my sleep.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Arne s, yeah, I know what you mean, and I'm working on using my colours/values better to help define focus. Thanks for your feedback, glad you like!

Hey Form! Cool!

Goran! No probs, man! Yean, I've never actually seen Little Nemo, but a lot of folks say that, and I know it's a really cool comparrison, so thank you!!

So, the wheels roll on, and Malcolm Magic issue 10 is coming on nicely! Here's a little selection of panals from the pencilling stages, hope you likey!

And, hey, guys, our webmaster general Mark Clements over at KENNEL 17 has just updated the Studio Blink Twice site in a BIG way! Go HERE to check it out! You the man, Marky! Okay, so on with the pics then...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really digging the pencil works. Looking forward to more post's

2011 Sketchbook

New Helzon's SB R.I.P. Mike

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" -Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Lone Wolf! Thanks so much! More pencils coming soon!

Well, it's already Friday here in the UK, and as I sit and watch the sun rise at my window here in the West Wing of Blink Towers, the smell of fresh bakery is wafting up to me, which can only mean one thing; ole Skitty Peebles is here with the fresh bread and cakes delivery for the big ball this weekend. Right! I'm off to nab a couple of Charlie Choc's Famous Twisted Muffins, before Chef puts them away in the larder!

In the meantime, here's another slice o' MOON!

Lorenzo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    give us more man! it really works for me, even though its a comicky style. comics dont usually impress me all that much...

keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Theo! Now THAT'S what I like to hear! Someone who's not usually into comics getting into it!!! Excellent! More, huh, T? You got it! Every week!
    Thanks for posting, pal!

So Monday's here, and it's a short one, forum-wise for us this week, as I'll only be posting today and tomorrow, and then I'm off into con prep mode, so all internet-based comms have to cease (I'd never get ANYTHING done!). So, first up, here's a little page from the black and white storyline in Malcolm Magic issue 9. Reggy, Chester and Fikov have been found guilty of detroying half the 'Dale when they crashed through the interdimentional wall from Fuzzton and have been sentanced to work as a touring comedy troupe. Yep. It's THAT kind of comic! Hoho! Let's see how they get on it their big performance at Pratfall's Theatre Bowl......

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 121