Mischa's finally finished artwork thread!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Mischa's finally finished artwork thread!

Alright, so I've finally decided to make an art thread of my own.. I will probably make a sketch thread sometime soon too. Anyway, I'm not a pro but that's what I'm aiming for in the end. So here are is my finished art page, scroll down and you may see more finished stuff over time.

Here is a poster I made for my graphics class. It'll be 12 by 18 inches when printed out (at Kinko's haha).

And here's something I did from the 3CH thing

Hmm, but maybe that would go in my sketch thread when I make one. Well it is better than what I normally make so yeah I guess it does belong in this one.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Dutton Guest
    Hey Mischa. Your original thread further down was moved to the critique section. Instead of reposting here, you may want to stick to the first post.

Thanks
    So does this one have to be deleted now?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa rewrite
    So does this one have to be deleted now?
    No, it's been moved.

On the first picture, I'd recommend much, much more contrast in the shading. You can barely tell it's there, and the image suffers for it. The hair also looks much more finished, which throws the rest out of whack. The shading you've done on the shirt doesn't match up with the black lines that represent folds (which I suggest you curve and spread out more. Look at some fabric, it doesn't fold like that). As for the arms and hands, I can only suggest you study anatomy and proportion. I know that anime proportions aren't the same as real life ones, but I don't think the arm length here is working. In real life, the elbow comes at about navel height when the forearm is at its lowest.

As for the second one, it looks fairly good. My biggest problem with it is that the tentacles seem to be floating the exact same distance from the viewer when one of them is attached further back than the other. I'd also say the neck seems much too flimsy.

Keep working!

Last edited by Number_6; April 12th, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
    Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati

Thanks
    Awesome, finally a great constructive crit. ^_^ (Don't get stuff like that much on gaia..) Hmm.. pretty much everything you're saying here makes total sense. I'll keep workin on it. ^_^ I'm actually going to try and start drawing a lot more realistically now too. I've finally kinda gotten tired of the whole anime style. Hmm.. as for the neck, I agree now that I you mention it.. but I was trying to go for an elongated neck that's kinda like jelly.. like jelly fish I mean. The whole creature's supposed to be kinda like that but I'm not too sure if it worked.. Hmm.. and yes I should move that tentacle back some. ^_^ Thanks for the C&C. ^_^

Oh, I thought I had accedentally posted my other thread in the wrong forum, didn't realize it had been moved.. But yeah I guess I'm not good enough quite yet to have a finished art thread.. oh well.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.