Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: COW - Discussion/Complaining/TrashTalk/"Where the f*** is the Poll?" Questions-Thread

Thanks
    since I was "informed" not to waste space inthe actual working topic thread.. Im continuing to ask these questions over here.
    I was told specifically that I should take my creature drawing and put it in a scene with people and environment. It was my understanding that we were to be designing creatures here. not telling stories. Don't get me wrong I like to tell stories and include creatures and all that. I just didn't think this was the place for it.
    I am confused.

(a disconneected note on respiration, part of the joy of inventing life forms is being able to modify circumvent and create processes beyond those which normally exist. perhaps energy intake and expiration are even more crucial than the path of oxygen.... but thats probably not in the manuscript..... topic suggestion "Helium based lifeform" or some such).....chaos=total geek , with a degree in bio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    and Fozzy...Mr Bar.....sir.....could you, in you most benevolent and wonderfiully efficient way, please move the 3CH threads again....Im lazy and Im tired of having to chase them down

thank you profusely
    crocks

Thanks
    c'mon Chaos, we're just trying to keep you on your toes. Maybe next time, I'll post them in the lounge

Thanks
    hmm... my toes are getting worn out......
    I could be spending that precious time perfecting art for people to ignore
    ;P
    c

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chaosrocks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Maybe next time, I'll post them in the lounge
    LOL, that would make sense since it is a Random Generator thread anyway. Why no Randomly Located as well. Make it a goose chase, haha.

Thanks
    I could be spending that precious time perfecting art for people to ignore
    still on the "no one sees my art" kick huh? You know I saw someone else respond to you in one of the threads about this recently. After I had already given you my own opinion. You should go look for that response, in the meantime I will get out my violin for you. C'MON GIRL, BUCK UP!

Thanks
    ah you have to understand I kill myself about once a week....I'm not serious...really Im not.
    I saw that Artiphats and I appreciate it really I do. ....
    I just got all pissed when in COW.. I posted colour and idea and it sat there for 24 hours whiles all around there were ten comments on someones 12 line idea about farting..I mean.. that was the obvious solution, and jez guys.. FARTING? I grew up in Wisconsin....cows..methane.....and then I got slapped down as having nothing interesting visually....(damn you're gonna see that critter ingame someday) . F&*&^K !!!....In some senses I am struggling with the toss up between being able to express myslf in oils and having at least one hand tied behind my back on the machine... I guess Im just an old Dog...andthe new tricks are harder to achieve
    ok end of rant.

back to painting.
    I still would like to know if we are making Scenes Etc.... or just Designing Creatures.....
    Chaos Rants

PS Violins are sexeh......:p

Thanks
    But....farting is funny. I grew up in Illinois.
    Look, I've been in your position with the weekly events and I sympathize with you. On the other hand, I'm also unfortunately perceiving a lot of whining, which I'm no fan off, but I'm hoping to see through the fog of this self discovery via oil or digital in the weeklies to help you (see below). I'm taking notice that you're trying to do your best - which is ultimately all that really matters - and are genuinely asking for assistance.
    True, other's input and assistance are a god send - and for that there is the work in progress thread that could be of great help to you, as well as a personal sketch book thread. The latter is something I swear is just what you need to show your progress, get input and do your best. If you create a sketch book thread, tell me. I'll be there to support you.
    The weeklies are kinda competitive and fun...you know, anything goes. Farting, goofing off, praising or ignoring people....that's the weeklies!
    The last one isn't a good thing, but it isn't intentional by any means. At least not by me, which is all I'm responsible for.
    So, gear up, create a sketch book thread and let's get to helping you the proper way. Ok?
    And Chaos - pull my finger....
    Cheers!
    Dave
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    lol... thanks Dave.. yeah it is whining I apologise... hell I spend half me time here apologising. but if I don't sympathise with me. damn it who will?... It's sometime hard to understand the rules... and when you should break them and when you shouldn't... there is a certain mass of in jokes and unspoken stuff (like the "don't vote for yourself" rule which was never clearly stated until recently... I managed to figure that one out without stepping in it..though that was more lack of ego than calculation) At some point you just jump in... a person can't lurk forever.
    yeah .. In some senses the weeklies are cruel. or more like the real world if you like. I dunno... worked in advertising. not a big fan of it. but I'm trying to thicken my skin without giving up.
    I appreciate your advice... I will make a sketch book thread . although my actual sketch book is full of costume design.. (Inherit the wind and Peter Pan this season)
    if in my ludite fashion I can figure out how

c
    Last edited by chaosrocks; May 2nd, 2006 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    Hey Chaos,
    My sketch book thread has medical illustrations in it. Create that thread and put whatever you want in there from your sketch book. This is an awesome way to keep pushing yourself and really enjoy the process of sharing, self discovery (and loathing from time to time!).
    I'm interested in seeing your costume designs. Get scannin' and start postin'.
    Glad this met you well. Indeed we all must jump in at some time. At least you have jumped in!
    Cheers,
    Dave
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrocks
    and Fozzy...Mr Bar.....sir.....could you, in you most benevolent and wonderfiully efficient way, please move the 3CH threads again....Im lazy and Im tired of having to chase them down

thank you profusely
    crocks
    I moved them, but not benevolently or wonderfully, just ordinary...

Thanks
    is it just me or can't you also see some of the winner images after round 37 in the winner gallery??? I don't see them for months now, i already uploaded them again but still they don't show...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37514

Thanks
    I don't see them...it is some kind of conspiration because usually my creatures are not displayed :/ hehe

BTW FOZZ, My homepage on CA is still unreachable. I cant edit or add new friends, the page just don't show for me:/ Have you guys same problem?

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast