Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Thanks
    Is it just a problem of advertising? If it is, we should do something.
    But if not..What can we do? I dont think there is any other COW-like contest on the net.
    DiHeB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

This makes me feel old...

Quote Originally Posted by diheb1 View Post
    Is it just a problem of advertising? If it is, we should do something.
    But if not..What can we do? I dont think there is any other COW-like contest on the net.
    I loved COW, and I even had a part in the addition of CHOW. I was never really good, but the quality of artist back in 2004 that you had daily interaction with was amazing. Admittedly, I don't visit anymore, so it is difficult to know how the quality is today.

Historically, what created the most interest was Strych9's "Last Man Standing" tournament. It was massive. It took over the site. All of the Massive Black artists, sans Android took part. The quality and effort were epic. And out of that, the weeklies were born.

It devoured Cody's time, however. Finding the right admin to carry it through, and encouraging trash talking, is critical.

Thanks
    TBH it seems its not just COW but the entire site that is slowly dying which is odd since, as I previously stated, few other websites offer the same things as this sight. But I suppose the majority people nowadays who are intrested in concept art are either:

A: signed on to an online course such as LEVELUP so don't bother (or don't have the time) coming to places like this.

or

B: Want to be a concept artist but can't be bothered to do dedicated work so instead play video games/watch films all day.

Thanks
    Artstation claimed to have over a thousand challengers (entrants) in their "the journey" character challenge, so there is still an audience for these kinds of things.
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

Thanks
    A large part of my absence has been being busy with work, but as someone who was around here quite a bit in the past the site itself just doesn't feel as reliable and functional as it use to when I first joined. The site going in and out of being offline was worrisome but once it did come back seeing so much old art turned into dead links was really disheartening. It's sad to see all the early COW archives blank. Conceptart just doesn't feel like a reliable place to archive work so it's hard to feel like investing time at a place where it could all suddenly disappear.

Even so i poke my head back in to lurk and see how COW is doing. I love this group, and would be really sad to see it die out. It seems a lot of art stuff has migrated to social media, even if conceptart.org remains the central hub for COW it might help to have an official COW twitter/Instagram/Reddit/Tumblr, etc for visibility. Recently I've noticed Discord servers pop up for popular fan groups, a COW one might also be convenient for people to easily discuss topics and their work. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Historically, what created the most interest was Strych9's "Last Man Standing" tournament. It was massive. It took over the site. All of the Massive Black artists, sans Android took part. The quality and effort were epic. And out of that, the weeklies were born.

It devoured Cody's time, however. Finding the right admin to carry it through, and encouraging trash talking, is critical.

I wish I was around back in the day. I would have loved to have seen these epic competitions. I just recently noticed the art crusades sub-forum. I don't know why I never noticed it before. That is one competition I would have loved to have been part of too. I would love to volunteer to resurrect those big competitions, but seeing how I can't even consistently compete in the weeklies, I'm not sure how my volunteering to be an admin sort would be any good...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarej View Post
    I wish I was around back in the day. I would have loved to have seen these epic competitions. I just recently noticed the art crusades sub-forum. I don't know why I never noticed it before. That is one competition I would have loved to have been part of too. I would love to volunteer to resurrect those big competitions, but seeing how I can't even consistently compete in the weeklies, I'm not sure how my volunteering to be an admin sort would be any good...
    You can always team up with someone else, you don't have to take it all on yourself. I co-moderate C.H.O.W with AdamRoush.

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Moirae... Teaming up on competition or teaming up on being a sub forum admin?

Thanks
    @Moirae... Teaming up on competition or teaming up on being a sub forum admin?
    Admin. In a perfect world someone with a complete opposite schedule to you to fill the gaps when you are busy.

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

Thanks
    I think for start we could have a banner in the homepage and in the forums home for the weekly challenges, you know how we used to have, and we can advertise it on facebook too, making a facebook page to share the challenge entries.

The forums are a cold media and right now people are leaning towards hot media, like social medias, messengers and this sorta of thing; but the cold medias still have it's place and use, we just need to adapt our strategy to advertise.
    "Talent is the skill to make it look easy to do, hardworking is the skill to make it look hard to do"

Check my sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho....php?&t=321351

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moirae View Post
    Admin. In a perfect world someone with a complete opposite schedule to you to fill the gaps when you are busy.
    Moirae, I'd actually be interested in that. My focus for now is just to build a really good portfolio, so I'd probably be busy a lot with that. But if CA needs a little help I don't mind pitching in.

Thanks
    Moirae, I'd actually be interested in that. My focus for now is just to build a really good portfolio, so I'd probably be busy a lot with that. But if CA needs a little help I don't mind pitching in.
    If you want to pitch in the person to talk to seems to be Black spot.
    Or you could talk to angieb, who recently resurrected panels of the week, see how he went about doing that.

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the tip Moirae

Thanks
    How about designing a creature from "fantastic beasts and where to find them"?

Thanks
    @fabianguiza there's a separate thread for topic ideas. You should post your suggestion there.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aburnier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oops! My bad. It has been added to the correct thread.

Thanks
    Hi. I just want to ask, is the original page where the C.O.W challenge information is posted where you post your drawings for others to review?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxGirlMSB View Post
    Hi. I just want to ask, is the original page where the C.O.W challenge information is posted where you post your drawings for others to review?
    If you are entering a challenge your works should be posted under the relevant round in the "normal threads" section. There is a works in progress thread for your sketches, etc and a final thread to post your final entry.

Hope this helps.

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12