Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Anjin - an italian in Madrid Sketchbook -

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anjin - an italian in Madrid Sketchbook -

Hi everybody!
    After a little posting and a very long lurking I decided to start a my personal sketchbook thread. I hope to improve myself in this way and to be more stimulated to draw every day in this way.
    I hope to receive many critics.
    I recently moved to Madrid, so if someone of Madrid want to meet me I am here!

PS: Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

First upload:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by anjin; May 14th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.
    Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna
    "un marinaio non prega per il tempo buono... impara a navigare"
    - Anjin Art Website - - Sketchbook - - Anjin Art Blog -
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the second upload!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the third and last upload for now!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ciao! un altro italiano, finalmente si fanno vedere

anyway, nice stuff, like the enviros (like the huge cave city in the last post, apart from the colour of the buildings).The dragon is nice (well, maybe the tail is a little bit too swirly ) and the character design looks good (apart from the 4th pic in the second post, the wizard has an extremely long neck, his feet look odd and it looks a little bit...messy)
    anyway keep posting, i'd like to see more

ciao!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the enviros and buildings best. To make your characters work better you need to render and shade them more, now they look a bit flat. Dont get me wrong, the initial design is hot, you just need to work them out a bit more.
    Im eager to see more

Lewis

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start to the sketchbook
    The vamp in the first pic has a wierd looking left hand it sould be facing in the same direction.You have good clean lines ,keep with it.ANd make sure to tighten up your basics and also start doing more life studies.
    Godspeed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi everYbody! Thank you guys for the answers!

- TheGnoll: eheh non siamo gli unici due italiani sul forum! Tempo fa avevo anche provato a fare un censimento di italiani e mi sarebbe piaciuto organizzare un incontro... ora sono un po' lontano! Tu di dove sei?

Well... now for the buliding on the cave: I did them with other colors at beginning but in this way the buildings are more visible.. how do you think they will be better?
    The Dragon... hummm more then about the tail I am not so happy about the body.. Probably I should draw with more muscle... or more fat...
    Tha mage.. well, all them (the pencils) are just sketches! I did them at most in a Cafe drinking coffee or a beer, so I didn't think so much about pose or subject.. and i think that I should design more them!

Thank you for the critics, I will post more very soon!

- Lewis: Thank you! Yes.. I think you are right: my next step is to change the pose of characters to make them more dynamic and less flat! recently I concentrated myself on enviroments and buildings because I almost had not them on my porfolio!

- bhanu:Thank you for your time. Well the Vampire is the only one that is NOT recent, I just modified a little the background and I posted it here. Anyway you are right, I am not right at 100% with it... but I was too much tired of the subject to work more on it! I am lazy sometimes... I will try to make more life studies... I almost didn't make them!

Well, here in Spain this one is Holy Week, so form tomorrow everybody on party! I am preparing next update, so on monday I will post other thing!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree about the enviroments- particularly the architechtural linework, being the strongest. You seem to be good at conveying a building's sense of mass using line. Definitely work on the character rendering, as they don't have the same sense of mass. Interestingly enough, I think some of your colored sketches have a certain flatness which the linework does not. Keep on working! Post more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well... it's time of a update! I hope you'll like them and can give me other comments, always so helpfull!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...and the second part,too!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    vengo da Modena

cool updates, the sketches look much better the ones in the first post already.My favs are the first one and the fourth one in post 9, and number 5 and 6 in the last post.I like the line work.Something in the enviros doesn't look right, maybe they look a little bit "forced" (i'm especially talking about the interior one, like number 3 in post 9)...i'm certainly not an expert in enviroments, but maybe you should try some more dynamic shots.Anyway, keep posting 9and pay a visit to my Sketchbook too )

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Gnoll: Well... thank you for the post! I try to exagerate and to force a little the perspective, to have a better effetc, with more movement (like for the storage...) But if the effect is to seem wrong.. I am doing something bad! Grrrr
    I would like to have some other opinions, just to know if you are the only who think it or not. Anyway, thank you for this comment, I'd like to put more attention to perspective.
    I will visit your Sketchbook for sure!
    I am working on others ketches so I will try to post them soon!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well... these are other two sketches. just two because I worked on a color illustration, I will post the work in progress on the other section on the forum! I hope to have some comments for the sketches here and for the work in progress on the other thread! Thank you in advance!

PS: Finally after a bad week end, now... another time the sun!!!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another update.. also if the comments... well I hoped in more post!
    I am with flu now.. so I can work not so good. For your fun two sketches! Like always, thank you in advance!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anyone want to comment my works?! ((
    I need them to improve me! Pleeeaseeeee!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I shall! I really like your style, it reminds me of something from..sonic the hedgehog, some of the robots do. dont ask why haha. Im noticing alot of improvment on your anatomy, its really looking better and aiding your designs, but it could still use a little more work for sure. keep working on that and dont give up and im sure you'll blossom with improvements young grasshopper. I'm also noticing more confidence in your lines, dont be afraid to make a stray line as long as there's still contrast to where the object really lies. : ) keep rokin m8.

edit: and on wizard guy *with the skulls* hand reaching toward you, that line you put at the base of the palm makes it look like the pinky side of the palm is larger than the other side, a comprimise of the two would probably look better, also, if it was bending like that there would probably be some wrinklage under his fingers at the top of the palm, good work all in all, keep at it, take it easy. : )

2nd edit: sorry, i keep seeing stuff i wana see haha, your envo's are good perspective and line wise, but the renders looka lil flat, like they could use some texture, and possibly a distinct foreground would help to add some depth.

Last edited by Halos Chain; April 30th, 2006 at 06:59 PM.
    My attempt at baking eyecandy.

I'm Here to make friends! Befriend me I buy you sweets yes yes!

My Icecream Filled Sketchy book.~

~ERILAZ~CRAZY3DMAN~SEPULVURTURE~THEGREYPENCIL~HALO'S CHAIN~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Halos Chain for the time you spent visiting my sketchbook! Well, it's good that someone notice a improvement on my lines... in real I stopped to draws for a lot of time, so it should be more correct to say that I am becoming more fluid after the pause! I hope that I am still improving my anatomy, also if I am a little lazy to study it! ahahah

For the hands of the gut drawed.. well... you are right. I promise that I'll realize some sheets of hands, nose, feet and faces!

Well I continue to draw! I hope to see you here again!
    I am going to visit your sketchbook too!

now a little update!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw your posting the futuristic city thing and I was wondering what other works you did.
    The works in here are a lot beter!
    Maybe do some more perspective study's for the evironmets you are making also atonomy always helps!
    keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - Kei-th:
    thank you for your time here in my sketchbook and in the other post (my terrible study for a futuristic space city...groan); Probably it's like you say: here my works are better, probably, like I wrote in the other post I should keep my style: accurate pencil and THEN color... but I tried with the futuristic city to color and develop directly with colors one just very rough sketch. hummm I am sure that if I work on a city from sketch it'll be better!
    Thank you for all; I'll continue to study perspective and anatomy naturally and to post here! I hope to see you here again!

PS: I visited your SB!

TOMORROW next update!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey those new ones are awsome! badass friking design on the first one, only nitprick, the part at the back of the craft that holds the long arm looks a little awkward, if it looked a little more rounded like the one holding the front one it might look beta. : )

2nd one, Ahhh foreshortening! : D not a bad job, his nostrils look like they should be turned up a little more though, and his eyes a bit smaller. also, if his helmet thing is see-through, how come i cant see the rest of that container thing on his back thru it? some reflection lines perhaps? justa thought.

3rd: ooo axe. : D its deoderant y'now. not a bad job, Id love to see some anatomy studies from ya m8! the left peck looks a little odd, like its not really there, and being pushed over by the other one, and isnt connecting over to the bicep. keep it up, not a bad job fer sure.

4th. ooo smancy, altho the hand holding the bow seems a bit large. and the cloth wrinkles seem kind of un-natural like you just put alot of long "v"s and they dont really seem to bunch up around the belt, or smooth out, but instead just keep going in one direction, see what i mean? like, on his hips, where they start to split into two legs...most likely there would be some horizontal folds in there as well, its not bad fer sure, i'm just being nitpicky so you can hopefully derive some kind of positive drawing advice from this. : ) looking up some cloth refs wouldnt be a bad idea.

lookin good m8! keeper up! update!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh god. *smacks head against wall* i swear i just wrote you a huge comment criting and telling all about what i thought of the peices, and then I lost it because my comp's being a female dog. -_-' im sorry, but I dont have the time to retype it so I'll give you a quick version.

basically said, first design is bad A, but work on the back leg that connect to the main body frame, 2nd, good fore-shortening, try to tilt the nose up a bit and make the eyes smaller, and if that glass is see-through how come I cant see the tank on his back? some reflection effects might help. 3rd, neato as well, but the pec looks like its pushing his left one over too much, so it doesent look like its really there and wrapping up to his bicep. 4th, good job, but the hand holding the bow looks a smidge too large, and the folds look awkard to me, like there all going in one direction and not conforming to his body, some reference might help there. : ) thats basically what it said, and im just bein nitpicky so you can hopefully derive some kind of positive..stuff from my comment, and become better. : D keep it up! post! and I'd love to see studies from ya man. laterrr dudet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - Halos Chain: Thank you for the big time you spent on my works! I am glad to have so many detailed critics by you!

Well, you have right about the glass of the helmet of the "spaceman", I simply didn't think about it! DHO! (like homer Simpson)

About the mech... it could be that the back arm is too much big... but it seems to me anough balanced by the fron one... With the next mech I'll try to make one more "compact"

The barbarian... Humm... yes, probably I'll need to continue to study more anatomy... I said probably? I mean FOR SURE!!!

The archer, sometimes I put a little too much "V" on the dress... grrr yes I need more reference... but I am making these sketches at cafe'... or at park.. so I don't have so many materials with me. Not that it should be a right excuse or a good reason! I'll study more!

Thank you for the double post, thank you for the advises, thank you for all!

And now... the update!

the last two coloured version... well I'd like to know your opinon guys. It's better the darkest or the more light? It's only a speed color experiment, so I put just few details!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice updates, i like the sketches, the axe dude looks great.ABout the castle, looks like there's something wrong in the stairs perspective, but maybe its just my problem .Abou the colours, i'd try too give it a more textury feel, the yellow windows should look brighter.The rocks lack texture too, and need a wetter look in the lower part.The water need some more work too.
    But it's a good start, i'm waiting too see it finished

keep it up
    ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the Gnoll: Thank you gnollone! Well... the stairs, I think that the perspective s not perfect, you're right. It's only a sketch, I didn't use anything for the perspective, and I didn't want put too much time. I want to improve my skill on sketch and coloring it. Well... I don't think I will work so much more on it... You are right: the details are low, few texture and so on... I was mor einetersted to transmit an idea of environemt, it was not for a real illustration!
    Anyway... which coloured verison do you prefer?

Welll tomorrow I will be back in Italy until saturday.. so probably no update from there... But I will draw a lot, so I will post an update for the week end or the next week! Sorry for the delay!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally an update after so long time! I had not opportunity to post for a while, but I continued sketching and painting!

I hope to post more regulary now.

and now...Update!

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by anjin; August 25th, 2006 at 06:10 AM.
    Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we hope you can post regularly from now, then

very nice sketches, some very nice ideas, you improved your anatomy and your sense of pose and proportion.I don't know why, but apart from his foot my fav drawing is the guy sitting and holdin up a cloth, great gesture

keep the updates coming!

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you Gnollone!
    I was studying gesture and trying to make the character a little "funny" but still realistic. I am sketching and working also on a lot of materials for vectorial art, so next update probably will be with this kind of material.

I have opened a post in WIP section with an illustration I am coloring, please, comments and critic are welcome!

I also have this sketch that I want to transoform in a finished illustration, but I am thinking to add some detail more, like something on the wall (not just color texture).

Maybe I'll post this one also in the work in progress section

Name:  DoorKeeper001.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  84.1 KB

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anjin - an italian in Madrid Sketchbook - updated 27 Aug 2006

Hi everybody!
    Well, I am working a all series of sketch of subject then I'll transform in vectorial work. It's no my really preferred style but I need to improve myself also in this way.
    Like always comments and critics are welcome!

Sorry for the quality of the sketches... but I did it on a little sketchbook very bad to scan! (

Name:  children001.jpg
Views: 2542
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  Children002.jpg
Views: 2498
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  Coloniale.jpg
Views: 2497
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  GirlsVec001.jpg
Views: 2446
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  Gordo.jpg
Views: 2419
Size:  58.5 KB

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more sketches:

Name:  Old-Fish.jpg
Views: 2491
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  Room001.jpg
Views: 2398
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  Room002.jpg
Views: 2370
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  shop-guy.jpg
Views: 2366
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  sofa-boy.jpg
Views: 2317
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  Train-girl.jpg
Views: 2307
Size:  97.3 KB

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and here the last update for today, with color stuff (vectores):
    Please... comments!

Name:  children-001.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  Dog-001.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  fish-001.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  Seasnake001.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  94.7 KB

The last one is still a work in progress!

Name:  guy.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  guy-WIP.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  93.2 KB

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.