Thanks

Save Adult Swim...

Recently Adult Swim on Cartoon Network revealed they are going to start airing Saved By The Bell late at night. No I'm not making this up, someone has been smoking some very bad crack. The problems with this...
    1st its Saved By the Bell
    2nd its on "CARTOON" Network
    3rd its "ADULT" Swim on "CARTOON" Network.
    Finally its Saved By the Bell!!! Isn't that bad enough!
    So please if you are a little familiar with Adult Swim sign the following petition and go post at their board showing were not going to take this never did and never will!

The Petition:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/341842259
    Adult Swim Board:
    http://adultswim.com
    ..>>//\\S0M3ThlNG
    [[]]//\\>>..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Something
    2nd its on "CARTOON" Network
    Adult Swim is it's own network, so they don't have to air cartoons.

Thanks
    Saved by the Bell was awesome.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfacto
    Saved by the Bell was awesome.
    /AGREED!
    ...Dormant Walker

Thanks
    I thought Adult Swim went downhill a long time ago. I haven't seen a new Birdman in forever, Sealab went waaaay downhill and so did ATHF. I already own all of Futurama so I don't really need Adult Swim to enjoy that. Robot Chicken started out really clever and then just became banal (much like Family Guy). The Venture Brothers was freaking brilliant, but when was the last time they aired a new episode of that?

Frankly, I could care less about saving Adult Swim. They drowned a long time ago. I am kind of bothered by seeing live action movies on Cartoon Network though. Who Framed Roger Rabbit makes some sense (what with all the animated content), but The Goonies? Not that The Goonies is a bad movie, but why show it on Cartoon Network? Or why show Honey, I Shrunk the Kids? We need more of this "Month of Miyazaki" stuff and not silly kid's movies from the 80s that have no animated content at all.
    -------------------------
    In the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"

Thanks
    Lately I've seen Adult Swim as a outlet for good animation and ideas. Shows like the Japanese FLCL, the claymation Moral Orel, the inventive Robot Chicken. Sure some of their stuff isn't that great, stuff like Squid billies and 12 OZ mouse, that looks like they pulled it out of their ass.
    Now stuff like Goonies and Saved By the Bell that stuff can stay on TBS, right next to Mamas Family.
    ..>>//\\S0M3ThlNG
    [[]]//\\>>..

Thanks
    I'm waiting for a new season of The Venture Brothers :I

Aqua Teen Hunger Force!!!....
    Best cartoon ever made along with
    Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law.

Don’t care much for any of Adult Swims other stuff and
    I sure as hell don't think they should play
    episodes of Saved by the Bell. That shit is so fake and
    old it makes me want to regurgitate my own stomach.

Thanks
    In a way Saved by the Bell fits in with the target audience, but I have to agree with Something, Adult Swim is known for airing awsome new and creative animations. Why not air a new great cartoon thats wackyer than ever and stir some shit up, instead of relying on the whole sell our childhood back to us thing by making us watch Screech be an ass... I secretly watched Saved by the Bell back in the day at times, but if I could go back in time and knock some sense into my dumb I probably would. I mean if you're gonna air anything from the early 90's nestalgia library, play some Inspector Gadget why dontcha...

Thanks
    At least it wasn't Boy Meets World. And you should be happy you can receive a channel that airs good cartoons and anime. There ain't nothin' but kiddie crap and endless Simpson reruns round where i live.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Acerbic Fetus
    I'm waiting for a new season of The Venture Brothers :I
    I second that! So close now... I about wet myself when Michael Sinterniklaas told me they were working on the voice-overs for the second season at his studio--and that was back in September! CN needs to put their money into good animation/storytelling. I'm tired of the repetitive Flash stuff.

I'd also like to see some Venture Brothers merchandising. PLEASE.

Thanks
    This whole channel is going down the tubes...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Shift on at Cartoon net

Major changes are in store for Cartoon Network, which will step outside its charter for the first time and into live-action programming.
    Cabler has opened its doors to the unanimated world as part of a larger development department expansion that includes select live-action theatrical movie buys and the creation of a longform unit.

Nickelodeon Movies vet Ramsey Naito has been brought in to oversee the latter division as VP of longform development. Heather Kenyon, recently upped to senior director of original development, will oversee the series side. Both execs will report to senior VP Michael Ouweleen.

At the same time, Cartoon is pumping up its inhouse development of animated shorts -- content that can serve a range of purposes from potential pilots to interstitials to projects for the Web, on-demand and mobile platforms. Craig McCracken, creator of Cartoon's "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends," will serve as executive consultant for the shorts division, while Rob Renzetti, another recruit from Nick, will work as a supervising producer.

Cartoon general manager Jim Samples and Ouweleen stressed that the kids net isn't getting less animated, per se, but did confirm that the cabler is now taking non-toon pitches for both series and original movies. At least one series project is nearing an official development deal.

Ouweleen, a 10-year Cartoon staffer, characterized the live-action agenda as not entirely aggressive. "The doors are open, but there's no mandate to have a certain number of live-action shows on the network, or any at all," he said. "We're just open to seeing what's out there."

He'd prefer to get "animation-inspired" projects but couldn't define any criteria. "I think we'll know the right project when we see it," he said.

Changes arrive as Cartoon continues to trail competitors Nickelodeon and Disney in the total day race for kids 6-11. First quarter results have Nick ensconced in the top spot and Cartoon lagging Disney by a little more than 100,000 viewers in the demo. Cabler is also off 17% in primetime from first quarter 2005 but has seen Saturday morning success with new originals "Ben 10" and "My Gym Partner Is a Monkey."

Ouweleen said plans to bolster the development group have been in place for a couple years. The number of original series premieres have increased to five for 2006, including "Class of 3000," the high-profile skein from Outkast's Andre Benjamin. And the shorts program that McCracken is helping shepherd has churned out new half-hours like "Squirrel Boy."

It's only recently, however, that execs began taking meetings for live-action originals.

First step into the genre will be the original movie "Re-Animated," a hybrid animated/live-action event slated for the fall about a boy who can see cartoon characters others can't. Net also announced original movies based on the cartoons "Codename: Kids Next Door," "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" and "Teen Titans" at its upfront last month.

"One thing we all agreed on two years ago was that we needed to be in the event business, and we think this longform division will put us right in the game," Ouweleen said.

Cartoon has been testing the performance of live-action features like "Batman," "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and "Ace Ventura" on air since late last year. Most recently, cabler drew a big 2.3 million viewers to a showing of the Jim Carrey comedy "Dumb And Dumber" on Friday. Net will make an event out of the "Spider-Man" premiere later this summer.

Ouweleen points out that certain comedies on network TV, including "Arrested Development" and "Scrubs," are "by and large live-action cartoons. There's no reason we couldn't do something similar for kids."

And while certain cartoons such as "SpongeBob SquarePants" continue to attract big crowds, a live-action launch like Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana" can attract even more attention. "Hannah" also drew a big 5.4 million (2.3 million kids 6-11) during its premiere showing two weeks ago. Cartoon's top shows "Ben 10" and "My Gym Partner..." have averaged 680,000 and 647,000 viewers in the demo, respectively.

But Ouweleen remained adamant: "We're not looking to make live-action our main thing. No way. We're still the cartoon warehouse."

Naito spent the past six years at Nickelodeon Movies, where she supervised the development, production and marketing for features "Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius," "Rugrats in Paris" and "Rugrats Gone Wild." Renzetti worked on Nick's "My Life as a Teenage Robot" and "Whatever Happened to Robot Jones." He also directed episodes of "Family Guy" and "Power Puff Girls."

Kenyon was previously editor-in-chief of Animation World Network and worked in animation at Hanna-Barbera Cartoons.

Thanks
    Okay, I can see that CN has lower ratings with the 6-11 kids, but isn't there more money in the 12-25 set anyway (there's certainly more disposable income in those kids' hot little hands)? I never thought of Cartoon Network as a Nickelodean or Disney competitor anyway, they've always appealed to an older set of kids and to adults.

I think CN would be better served to focus on their existing demographic by offering more merch and more creatively written cartoons. Same thing with Adult Swim, less SeaLab and more Venture Brothers. Less inane adolescent crap and more really clever script-writing.

I love Craig McCraken, really I do, but sometimes Foster's episodes resemble their inspiration a little too much and cross the line into "ripoff" ... I hate to say that because the original eps for that show are fantastic, just not very common anymore. Same thing with Tartakovsky's shows. They're brilliantly conceived and the eps helmed by the creator are great and original, but whenever they take a break, the show takes a nosedive.

Maybe if CN took fewer lessons from Hanna-Barbera's textbook (copy whatever TV show was popular ten years ago), their programming would improve, and they could maintain an audience for more than a few weeks after premiering a new show. Unless Hanna-Barbera wants to make a show that copies the A-Team the way that the Flintstone's ripoff the Honeymooners, then I'd definitely watch that.

And what the hell happened to Samurai Jack?
    -------------------------
    In the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"

Thanks
    "save Adult Swim, ride a Fansub?"

Thanks
    Rugrats Gone Wild?! I don't even want to know.

"Most recently, cabler drew a big 2.3 million viewers to a showing of the Jim Carrey comedy "Dumb And Dumber" on Friday."

Who the heck is watching this stuff on Adult Swim?!

Thanks
    Everything in life is going down hill.

I wish I could live in 1996 forever.

Back when Square made good games, and when video games weren't tainted by the drive for best graphics, and when Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern life were on TV.

Anyways, Family guy's gone downhill, Simpsons, downhill, all Adult Swim shows... downhill. It started with the recent set of new episodes. Music, downhill, Video Games, downhill (especially online games. 1999 Everquest for the win).

Anyways, as soon as something becomes popular it becomes crap, because main stream kiddies are retarded. It happens to EVERYTHING, nothing we can do ;(.

Thanks
    Adult Swim News Update
    Adult Swim's response towards the fans response of the Saved by The Bell Threat.
    If their gonna show something old and live action why not something unique like Get a Life or Hermans Head.
    Last edited by Something; April 13th, 2006 at 08:41 PM.
    ..>>//\\S0M3ThlNG
    [[]]//\\>>..

Thanks
    What they need to do is air episodes of Berserk, with subtitles. Dubbed animes are so fucking bad it's absurd.

Now that's a real show! An average of like, 10,000 people get brutally slaughtered per episode

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere
    What they need to do is air episodes of Berserk, with subtitles. Dubbed animes are so fucking bad it's absurd.

Now that's a real show! An average of like, 10,000 people get brutally slaughtered per episode
    Oooh, damn that hurts! I did a bit of walla and extremely tertiary voice acting for the translated version of Berserk released by Media Blasters.

Man that was fun. A buddy and I were given swords in the booth in order to 'enhance the mood' while we screamed.. "KASKA!!!!" and "YOU BASTARDS!!!!"
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?