How can i achieve Realisitic Grass

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question How can i achieve Realisitic Grass

I need help drawing realisitic grass. (I intend to show it close up and am using photoshop)
    I've looked hard on sites but i can't seem to find anything that doesn't involve me copying and pasting real grass from a photo...

I'll be so Grateful if someone could help me out.
    Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had this problem to. but I have found av way to make it look quite realistic.

1. Choose the default brush in PS that is named grass and choose your prefered size.

2. Choose forground color dark green and background color slightly lighter.

3. go to brushes and experiment with shape dynamics, scattering and color dynamics.

4. start your strok from the top and move down to get a nice and smooth lawn (or what ever you want to grow grass on)

Hope this helps, it can look quite realistic with if you find the right settings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Learn what grass looks like (look at it and photos of it, use google images, even)
    ...And paint it! Can't learn if you don't try! Keep some photos of grass that you like the look of (right length, in right lighting etc) nearby and look at 'em as you go. Use the colour-picker if you need to, to get started (assuming the shades of green in the photo are dead-perfect for your own image).

here 1 2 3 are some super-awesome paintings by Craig Mullins with nice grass in 'em to give you some inspiration to paint it yourself, instead of taking shortcuts

I don't wanna bash the other advice, but the grass-brush IS a shortcut, and the results are limited, but the development of your own skills isn't

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.